Gaming RTC Game Information (For K1 Revo Review)

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
I must confess that I have never followed which games had the RTC hardware. I am now deep in the middle of K1 Revo testing and I am extremely misinformed as to which games use RTC and where those RTC experiences can be found.

I need information as to what games used RTC. I would like a list of every game that used it.

I also need to know how quickly I can test those RTC features. I do not want to play a game for hours just to confirm if the RTC is working or not. So if possible, please help me by describing exactly where a RTC event can be experienced, and then I'll "b-line" it straight to that event. Save files would also be helpful =).

Thanks!!
-Another World

Reactions: Parasite X

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pokemon and boktai are the big two as far as most are concerned.
Only pokemon emerald never had a proper patch from what I have seen (carts, standalone and GBATA took care of the other GBA gem named pokemon games- fire red and leaf green being remakes did not have the functionality added I do not think- might want to check bulbapedia), that said some interesting things happened in the pokemon hacking world these last few years so I am not entirely sure what goes there.
Boktai I of course have to note Prof. 9's patches http://gbatemp.net/threads/boktai-solar-sensor-patch-kit.245127/

Unconfirmed
GBA Polarium- no idea why a very touchscreen driven game got a GBA version but it does do something about the time I think
One of the later Tony Hawk titles asks you to set the time. I do not think this is so much RTC as minor extra feature done in software, that will need to be confirmed though.

Lurker2 reckons Rockman 4.5 had it and some of the hacking forums for megaman games would seem to hold that is the case. I had no idea before it was mentioned a little while back.

Other trouble games
Dragon Ball Z 1 and 2 - had some anti piracy. Bubbz has a patch for the first and there was supposedly a prepatched version of the second title doing the rounds but I never grabbed it to make a patch with.
Samurai Deeper Kyo - potentially had some anti piracy (unwinnable first boss)

The tilt games- warioware twisted, Yoshi Topsy-Turvy/Yoshi's Universal Gravitation. GBAtek also mentions Koro Koro Puzzle*- http://nocash.emubase.de/gbatek.htm#gbacartioportgpio for what it has on those (technically not all tilt/gyros were made the same).
*I looked properly and it seems rising sun did the good thing and made a patch.

More recently the Legendz series was brought to my attention, thread on it http://gbatemp.net/threads/anyone-intrest-to-fix-or-bypass-this-game.322407/#post-4132963

Whatever of the nes classics (I believe the famicom mini titles never had any) although pocketnes and HVCA (or indeed nesDS) are where that is at most of the time. From what I recall you know more of this than I.

After this I am onto things like token ereader functionality (one of the super mario games had some nice unlocks), whatever got unlocked with a GBA-GC linkup and such like.

Reactions: Rasas

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Whilst testing could you test megaman zero 4 (u)? I had an issue where I couldn't save and couldn't access the in game menu.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
do the pokemon events happen at specific times or at specific intervals? it seems the k101 revo is about 7 seconds late per minute. i turned it on to do some testing today and found that the calendar was 2 days behind. so if events happen at specific times (ie: 2pm) then it is going to be really easy to miss them. then again, if you aren't a purist, you can always set the clock back since the software provides a means to do this.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Finally there are people here