Homebrew RPGHax Themely and CHMM28 yellow screen

NicknameGoesHere

RIP my sanity: 2018-2018
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shouldn't you use otherapp.bin for the steelhax exploit?

Also,
Try uninstalling & reinstalling the App as a whole. THEN redo the exploit.

Also, try removing any files associated with SubWars from the Data Manager (DLCs, Updates, Streetpass, etc.)
I put the otherapp.bin in the steelhax folder, but there was a rop.bin, and I changed it to the 11.5 one. Should I not have?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The otherapp.bin SHOULD be in the Root of the SD Card.
Oh...

AlwaysNick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Shouldn't you use otherapp.bin for the steelhax exploit?

Also,
Try uninstalling & reinstalling the App as a whole. THEN redo the exploit.

Also, try removing any files associated with SubWars from the Data Manager (DLCs, Updates, Streetpass, etc.)
the otherapp bin is in the file. i'll try to re install it
Just wondering if you're in the same spot as me. Do you have the otherapp.bin in the steelhax folder? And did you change the rop.bin?
Yes i did it this way (read me file steelhax):
The game has to be on version 1.0. Just delete any existing update data. Make sure that you started the game once and created a save. You can be sure that there is a save after you get into the main menu of the game. (after choosing a mii)
Extract both folders to the root of your sd card and put the otherapp payload for your firmware version (http://smealum.github.io/3ds/#otherapp) as payload.bin into the steelhax directory. After that just start the installer and follow the instructions.
The installer should work on every region of the game and on an o3ds aswell as n3ds.

NicknameGoesHere

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the otherapp bin is in the file. i'll try to re install it

Yes i did it this way (read me file steelhax):
The game has to be on version 1.0. Just delete any existing update data. Make sure that you started the game once and created a save. You can be sure that there is a save after you get into the main menu of the game. (after choosing a mii)
Extract both folders to the root of your sd card and put the otherapp payload for your firmware version (http://smealum.github.io/3ds/#otherapp) as payload.bin into the steelhax directory. After that just start the installer and follow the instructions.
The installer should work on every region of the game and on an o3ds aswell as n3ds.
Oh, I forgot to rename it payload.bin

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it works now, Thanks!

Reactions: AlwaysNick

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

So i got HomeBrew working for RPGMaker. But now i want to run Themely or CHMM but everytime i got a yellow screen and then it crashes. I also tried the gba emulator but that got the same problem as well.
Does someone has a solution to this problem?
I know this isn't exactly what you're asking, but is getting a $20 flashcart online an option for you? You could use it plus NTRboothax to install full custom firmware instead of just homebrew. Then you can run homebrew titles straight from the 3ds home screen, and they will work every time.

AlwaysNick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I know this isn't exactly what you're asking, but is getting a $20 flashcart online an option for you? You could use it plus NTRboothax to install full custom firmware instead of just homebrew. Then you can run homebrew titles straight from the 3ds home screen, and they will work every time.
You mean its like a r4 card for the 3ds? So if you mean this ofc i will buy it but i'm new to the 3ds version :)

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean its like a r4 card for the 3ds? So if you mean this ofc i will buy it but i'm new to the 3ds version :)
https://3ds.guide/ntrboot
Here are the details on how it works, and the 2 compatible cards. I suggest the r4i gold 3ds rts. Its a ds and 3ds flashcart that plays ds games only, but is used for this exploit. If you follow the guide I linked (start on the home page) to the end, you will have custom firmware (CFW) installed.

Last edited by MadMageKefka,
Reactions: wsquan171

NicknameGoesHere

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are the details on how it works, and the 2 compatible cards. I suggest the r4i gold 3ds rts. Its a ds and 3ds flashcart that plays ds games only, but is used for this exploit. If you follow the guide I linked (start on the home page) to the end, you will have custom firmware (CFW) installed.
The only problem with that for me is that I don't want to order off of weird site. If only my card was supported...

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only problem with that for me is that I don't want to order off of weird site. If only my card was supported...
I promise, the sponsor site here is 100% trustworthy. They have never disappointed anyone here that I know of. The paypal method seems sketchy with the way they do it, but its because paypal doesnt allow flashcart sales. I promise they will not rip you off. I have used them many times.

EDIT: Even if they did rip you off, you can do a reversal through paypal. They won't, but thought that info might make you feel more secure.

Last edited by MadMageKefka,

EventAssistant

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The problem is NOT really the payload, but in the application itself. They use deprecated libraries such as sftdlib, and they cause issues when you try to open applications built that way using *hax payloads

AlwaysNick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oke i'm looking. But will this brick my ds? Or is this safe?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies +2