Hacking ROP from within IOS_USB (5.5.1)

kingraa777

boom!
Trophies
XP
Country
This is an implementation of ROP getting userland code execution on the IOSU processor, which you can then use to run code in IOSU userland to exploit it's kernel

excuse me if im being stupid but couldn't you theoretically boot into a cfw or shell or similar from user-land this way ? from a hbl elf ->iosu code executed user-land exacuted kernal cfw ? there's something i'm trying to get at similar to how the 3ds uses rop maybe sorry for my vague description :)

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
excuse me if im being stupid but couldn't you theoretically boot into a cfw or shell or similar from user-land this way ? from a hbl elf ->iosu code executed user-land exacuted kernal cfw ? there's something i'm trying to get at similar to how the 3ds uses rop maybe sorry for my vague description :)
Keep in mind this is to my knowledge. Please Understand.
ROP, or Return Oriented Programming, is a technique used to get around modern ARM processors eXecute Never (XN) bit for memory, which means the processor will never execute it, meaning you can't just write code wherever in memory (usually areas with XN are areas that initial exploits have access to, like save data) and expect the processor to execute it. Instead, what we do is call instructions that already exist in memory to build up further exploits. For example, this ROP calls instructions in IOSU userland that reboot the console. From here, what we need to do is find instructions and use them to set up the IOSU kernel exploit and have full console control. (No, IOSU userland which is what this runs in doesn't have enough control to boot a CFW)

Last edited by Swiftloke,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 528

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ