mike1984

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
How do these 2 work together? Where does your friend code save? In the .sav file or what? I'm kind of confused on how this WiFi thing works to begin with. I play Mario Kart online but if you go to WiFi settings, why do you have 3 slots to choose from with different connections? Will your friend code change if you delete one of the connections? I'm completely confused about how WiFi works. Thanks guys!

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
your friend code will onyl change is you assign a different DS to be the online DS for a certain game eg. mario kart. stick with 1 DS for online and you'll be OK

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Those 3 spots are for alternating connections. For example, I have one setup for my home's wireless network and one setup for my work's wireless network, so I can play from either one. Your friend code will not change if you use a different connection.

Using one or the other will not change your friend code. However, changing your game card (eg one Mario Kart card to another Mario Kart card) or changing your physical DS will change your friend code.

mike1984

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Where does your friend code save though? On the .sav file? If I remove MKDS from my memory card and put it on my computer for a while, will my friend code still be there when I come back to it or does it get erased?

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it should still be there. Mine has stayed without any problems after putting it into the computer a few times to add games and change M3 skins.

From my understanding (and I could be wrong), with a normal, retail-bought game, the friend code is stored in the game card. I believe this is what the game tells you when you register it for the first time in WFC. But with flash devices, the saved information that would normally be in the game card gets saved to the flash device.

If you're worried about loosing your friend code because you delete your save or use a different save, the friend code is generated based on the game/rom and the DS. As long as those don't change, it should stay the same. Even if a save already has another friend code, it gets overwritten with your code.

As I said, I could be wrong. I've only had my M3 since Saturday and it's my first NDS flashing device, but I've spent quite a bit of time reading up on it while I was waiting for it to arrive. Also the circumstances may be different for other devices (G6, EZ-Flash, Supercard, etc), as I have little knowledge of how they work, but I would image that it's similar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1