Gaming Rockman X2 out in Japan Virtual console!!!

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I remember, Rock/MegaMan X2 used Capcom's own enhancement chip, separate from Nintendo's Super FX chip. The only reason they put it in the game was to render the Sigma Final Battle, and a Side Boss in Magna Centipede's stage.

Still, this is good news. They should be able to emulate games like Kirby Super Star and Super Mario RPG soon, if they can do this.
The special Cx4 Chip inside mega man x2/x3 Is used to render the wireframe features used in those two games, The sword boss in magna centepeide stage, The star shuriken boss in Blast hornet stage and the Sigma virus in both games. The chip is a math coprocessor used to preform Trigonometric calculations. Fun fact, if you start either game while holding the B button on controller 2 a test can be preformed to make sure the chip is functional. Except this doesn't work on any of the cd based ports like the playstation, pc or Mega man x collection as the mega man x game doesn't use a chip. :)

I do wonder if all games are actually supported by vc and don't actually change. Sure it would make sense that adding new games take time and such and when it does of course it would require updated functions like the chips, but is it possible that the emulator never changes and just sit there with support for all chips from day one? That tease. :P

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

The special Cx4 Chip inside mega man x2/x3 Is used to render the wireframe features used in those two games, The sword boss in magna centepeide stage, The star shuriken boss in Blast hornet stage and the Sigma virus in both games. The chip is a math coprocessor used to preform Trigonometric calculations. Fun fact, if you start either game while holding the B button on controller 2 a test can be preformed to make sure the chip is functional. Except this doesn't work on any of the cd based ports like the playstation, pc or Mega man x collection as the mega man x game doesn't use a chip. :)

I do wonder if all games are actually supported by vc and don't actually change. Sure it would make sense that adding new games take time and such and when it does of course it would require updated functions like the chips, but is it possible that the emulator never changes and just sit there with support for all chips from day one? That tease. :P

Damn. I only played X2 and X3 through the X Collection release. Thanks for the info, though!

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn. I only played X2 and X3 through the X Collection release. Thanks for the info, though!
The same diagnostic test can be performed in mega man x2 on Megaman x collection on both gamecube and ps2 since it emulates the SNES port of the game, Which is fairly useless since it emulation, but Mega man x3 cannot as it ported from the PSX (or pc Not sure) And don't emulate SNES cart unlike MMX2. :)

Either way is fairly usesless in emulation unless you wanted to make sure the emulator is properly functioning with the cx4 emulation.

I forgot that the wireframe graphis is also used in the intro during the spinning X helmet right before the title card and the X graphic of the title card as well. :P

I took these using the snes9x+ 1.53 emulator on my andorid tv, apperently there is a bad emulation i guess or bad MMX 2 rom file? It still plays from start to finish so i dunno.
Rockman X 2.000.png

Problem corrected in MMX3 ALL OKAY.
Rockman X 3.000.png

Wire frame X Helmet in MMX2 Intro, putting that Cx4 Chip to work. :)
Rockman X 2.001.png

Wireframe X Logo from title card in MMX2 and X3
Rockman X 2.002.png

Sword mid boss in Magna Centipede stage.
Rockman X 2.003.png

Wireframe sigma boss battle end of MMX2 Also appears in X3.
Rockman X 2.004.png

Wireframe star mid boss in Blast hornet stage.
Rockman X 3.002.png

Personally i think this looks like star fox but instead star fox had rendered colored shapes instead of look like some virtual boy games. :P

I am not sure if there is some others i forgot to mention but is all i know so sorry. :)

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: Deleted User

trigao

Ninten
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
seems like that have been dumped... i cant find it in the wild tho

ロックマンX2
000400000f703200
KTR-N-UATJ

Myria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And where the hell is the American version of X2 in America and Europe? Fuck Nintendo of America's marketing department. (Or Capcom's, if they're the reason.)

Reactions: JustAKirby

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.