Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
My Romhacking.net submission was rejected because I apparently forgot to put hashing data for the ISO.

I'm taking this opportunity to publish a very small update of the patch, since I realized the lines for "online" awards were shorter, which could lead to the text getting out of borders with the description of certain advanced fulfillments (like when you break the 100,000 pts score limit).

So I added line breaks to these descriptions, and therefore am publishing a 01.01 version of the patch : nothing else than the line breaks and the number of the patch at the title screen have been changed, but if you want to play online intensively (which I must say is sometimes difficult, the game disconnects me a lot...), you might as well download it now.

If you already have patched your game, I provided an update with the only file you'll be needing for update, method is provided in a little "Readme" I added.

Please find the link for V01.01 and the update from 01.00 to 01.01 at the first page.

I'll be submitting this version to Romhacking today.

Have a nice day.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Romhacking.net has some very double standards sometimes when it comes to accept or reject things. I hope this time it goes through, and it does not take too long in the queue.

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Thank you @MaeseJesus !

Everyone, I advise you to take a look at the README regularly when learning new spells. I put a huge effort on it to look like a manual, and the number of combinations is a bit overwhelming at first, but I guarantee you it's worth it.

Another thing, I'd really like to start growing a little online community here, so if you'd be so kind to leave your friend codes, it might be a good way of playing with each other, and see if the online mode (which was the least tested because of technical difficulties) is as polished as the rest of the patch !

Anyway, thank you for downloading, I see it has started already ^_^

I'm glad people were waiting for this game to be translated.

Have a nice evening.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I just submitted a review on RHDN. I checked several little things that stuck with me on prior versions, and I was very happy to see that during these last few days of polishing previous release they were improved.

It is a great translation and after reflecting on the ridiculous amount of text the game has, I still find pretty impressive how fast you went through this project.

I saw several gaming sites mentioning the translation too!

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on my next project, and once again it's for the Wii.

Can you guess the game just by looking at this screenshot? I'll admit it contains a huge clue...

All the technical difficulties seem to have been overcome, and the game is even a bit more forgiving than "Takt" when it comes to shrinking English into the iso.

Keep in touch for more, 2021 should bring you another Wii Japanese exclusive!

Have a nice WE!

VWml24w.png

Grand_Papillon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I patched an ISO with the english patch, it seems to work perfectly with the Dolphin Emulator as I tested it, but it won't work at all on an actual Wii using USB Loader GX, the game just won't won't boot, whenever I select it it just brings me back to the Wii Homebrew Channel menu, on the other hand Night of the Sacrifice 1.02 (won't work without a save though) and Earth Seeker 2.03 english patched ISOs work perfectly on my Wii with USB Loader GX, I also have many other games as well as english patched ISOs of Captain Rainbow and Fatal Frame 4, they all work perfectly, that's the only game that won't boot.

Also I noticed something else, usually whenever I try to select a game ISO to boot using the USB Loader GX, I get a picture of the game with it's title, but with the english patched ISO of Takt of Magic, I just get a black screen.

Last edited by Grand_Papillon,

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I patched an ISO with the english patch, it seems to work perfectly with the Dolphin Emulator as I tested it, but it won't work at all on an actual Wii using USB Loader GX, the game just won't won't boot, whenever I select it it just brings me back to the Wii Homebrew Channel menu, on the other hand Night of the Sacrifice 1.02 (won't work without a save though) and Earth Seeker 2.03 english patched ISOs work perfectly on my Wii with USB Loader GX, I also have many other games as well as english patched ISOs of Captain Rainbow and Fatal Frame 4, they all work perfectly, that's the only game that won't boot.

Also I noticed something else, usually whenever I try to select a game ISO to boot using the USB Loader GX, I get a picture of the game with it's title, but with the english patched ISO of Takt of Magic, I just get a black screen.
Hello.

It might sound silly, but have you tried running the unpatched iso, so that we can eliminate the possibility that it's faulty? From my experience Dolphin is far more forgiving than real Wii when using corrupted isos, so maybe you should try that first.

If you can play the iso with USB Loader and my other patches work for you (which implies your settings must be correct, but check the video mode and set it to "disc by default" just in case), then I suspect you might have forgotten or interverted a file when patching? In that case try to redo the process from scratch, and let me know how it went.

Looking forward, have a nice day!

Reactions: Alexander1970

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yeah, if the "game channel animation" is black it might be a problem with the ISO dump you're using. The translation does not touch that at all, it is still in Japanese.

Grand_Papillon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might sound silly, but have you tried running the unpatched iso, so that we can eliminate the possibility that it's faulty?

Hello,

Just tested the unpatched japanese ISO, works perfectly.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, if the "game channel animation" is black it might be a problem with the ISO dump you're using. The translation does not touch that at all, it is still in Japanese.

The unpatched japanese ISO dump works no problem though, just tested, it's only when I apply the english patch that it doesn't work.

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Good morning @Grand_Papillon

I just tested the iso you sent me the link of, and it does patch correctly.

I noticed this iso contains the "UPDATE" folder, which means the game was ripped with the update partition contained on every wii discs to update the system in case the console is not online (not much necessary these days, and might even brick your wii if it unintentionally performs an update, but pretty much everybody has a 4.3 system anyway nowadays).

Since both partitions ("UPDATE" and "DATA", the later containing the actual game data) share a similar structure ("disc", "files", "sys"), is it possible that you imported the patched files in the "UPDATE" partition by mistake?

Remember you must import the patched files from "TAKT_eng" (zip file) to "DATA/files/comp" (extracted iso), nothing more. :)

Anyway, I can confirm that I successfully patched your iso and played it in English, the channel screen worked as well.

Hope you'll manage to play it too, if you get any kind of error message please come back to me.

Have a nice day.

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France

Remember you must import the patched files from "TAKT_eng" (zip file) to "DATA/files/comp" (extracted iso), nothing more. :)
Oh, and don't forget to import main.dol too, or some parts will stay in Japanese! Sorry I forgot about that!

Anyway, the tutorial provided in the read Me enlists all the corresponding folders for your convenience.

Grand_Papillon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I just tested the iso you sent me the link of, and it does patch correctly.

I noticed this iso contains the "UPDATE" folder, which means the game was ripped with the update partition contained on every wii discs to update the system in case the console is not online (not much necessary these days, and might even brick your wii if it unintentionally performs an update, but pretty much everybody has a 4.3 system anyway nowadays).

My Wii is on 4.3, no worries.

Since both partitions ("UPDATE" and "DATA", the later containing the actual game data) share a similar structure ("disc", "files", "sys"), is it possible that you imported the patched files in the "UPDATE" partition by mistake?

No I don't think so, for the english patch there are 4 folders "font", "lyt", "replay" and "text", I just copies it and replaced the files, there are no "sys" folders for the english patch.

Oh, and don't forget to import main.dol too, or some parts will stay in Japanese! Sorry I forgot about that!

Wait, I am looking at the patch files and I don't see "main.dol" anywhere? I see, "main.dol" in the game original ISO, but not in any of the english patch folders?

Last edited by Grand_Papillon,

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Wait, I am looking at the patch files and I don't see "main.dol" anywhere? I see, "main.dol" in the game original ISO, but not in any of the english patch folders?

OK, I stand corrected : after four Wii translation projects in a row, I lost track of the ones I had modified "main.dol" into.

There is no modification of the main.dol in this one.

Now, remember to follow the instruction in the readme:

• “TAKT_eng/font” contents goes to “comp/font” subfolder,
  • “TAKT_eng/lyt” contents goes to “comp/lyt” subfolder,
  • “TAKT_eng/replay” contents goes to “comp/replay” subfolder,
  • “TAKT_eng/text” contents goes to “comp/text” subfolder,

Like I wrote, I just dragged the content in your extracted iso this morning and it worked, so please redo it from scratch and I think it'll do.

Yours truly.

Grand_Papillon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay good news it works on my Wii this time, but I am pretty sure I did it exactly like I did it before, I am not sure but I think the issue is that the first wit was uninstalled on my PC (though the Command Prompt still works even after you uninstall wit), but the second time this time I reinstalled wit and it work, I guess that might be the reason why it didn't work the first time?

Thank you for the assistance and the translation.

Reactions: Brand Newman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol