Trophies
XP
Country
United States
24350D3456F4B53C1DEC55

I want this warning title's map file.
How can i extract it?
And how to know files pointer?
I can't remember if our hacker ever edited this warning. Eventually we did find a way to skip it, I'm pretty sure.

WindowsTiger

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
windowstiger.tistory.com
XP
Country
Korea, South
It's cool that you're doing this! But upon looking it up, the URL http://nintendo.co.kr/anzen doesn't exist at all. You sure you want that message to link to an invalid address? :P
Actually, Korea's ULR is http://nintendocaution.co.kr
But the tile [o.] was overlaped
So, compellingly I write like this.

Also there are many graphics which has glitch.
First line's [사용하기 전에](Before to use)
Second line's [위한 주의사항」을 읽어 주십시오.](You should read "warning message for~)
Third line's [안전 위한](for safety)

So i need to modify map file but...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can't remember if our hacker ever edited this warning. Eventually we did find a way to skip it, I'm pretty sure.
I modified compiler do not make to skip warning screen. And I found this graphic tile by my self and insert script.

Last edited by WindowsTiger,

WindowsTiger

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
windowstiger.tistory.com
XP
Country
Korea, South
This list are which i need your help
I write these with compiler's folder name.

Drums(Modified)
EmailSelectScreen(Disable,need map file)
EndlessMenu(Not complitely Modified)
MainMenu(Modified)
MusicSelect(Not modified)
Options(Modified)
RhythemGameSelect(Modified)
TitleScreen(For now modified, but need to modifiy assembly file)
ToysMenu(Not complitely Modified)
Tutorial(Not complitely Modified)
WarningScreen(Not complitely Modified, need map file)

RhythmGame
miscgraphic(Disable, how to modify this FXXXING GRAPHIC!?!?)
bonodori1(need to modifiy assembly file)

Built1(Complite)
BunnyHop(Complite)
Calig(need to modify pallet file, and need to extract result screen)
Cheese(Complite)
clappy1(Able)
clappy2(Need to modify intro's assembly)
DrBact(Complite)
Fworks(Complite)
KarateMan(Not complitely Modified, intro screen shows some glitch graphics)
marcher1(need to modify intro's assembly)
marcher2(need to modify intro's assembly)

nightwalk(complite)
Odori2(Able?)
Quiz(Able)
Rapmen(need to modify intro's assembly?_
RapWomen2(need to modify intro's assembly?_
remix1~8(need to modify intro's assembly)
Samurai(need to modify intro, ingame, result's graphic and pallet file)

Showtime(Able)
Space1(modified)
spaceball1(Able)
spirit1(need to modify intro's assembly)
Tap1(modified)
tap2(Able)
Toss1(Able?)
toss2(able?)
tram(need to modify intro's assembly?)
Veggie1(Able)
wizard(Able)

This list can be changed. And
CAN'T YOU HELP ME?

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This list are which i need your help
I write these with compiler's folder name.
This list can be changed. And
CAN'T YOU HELP ME?
I apologize.

1. Greiga Master and RockmanEXE did the hacking and graphics modifications. My work was mostly with text modifications (script_fix.txt). SirNiko did some of the graphics as well. I don't know how much he knows about the technical part of the graphics (palettes and tilesets).
2. I have very little memory of the details. This hack was being worked on a few years ago.

WindowsTiger

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
windowstiger.tistory.com
XP
Country
Korea, South
I apologize.

1. Greiga Master and RockmanEXE did the hacking and graphics modifications. My work was mostly with text modifications (script_fix.txt). SirNiko did some of the graphics as well. I don't know how much he knows about the technical part of the graphics (palettes and tilesets).
2. I have very little memory of the details. This hack was being worked on a few years ago.

Okay, I see.
But I tried to contect with RockmanEXE and SirNiko.
But RockmanEXE does not answer and SirNiko's last activity was last year.
Do you have any other way to contect to them like e-mail?

I know how to use OAM editor
so title and mainmenu problem was solvered.
but i couldn't know how to find rhythm game's OAM adrress.
how can i found it?

also to export mapfile is also problem.

Can you ask these to graphic hacker?

mrgameandwatch09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me with getting the music ripped from the game in wav format? Not all of the songs are in studio once you get all perfects, and i have no clue if there is a sound test menu. Can someone help?

ultramario1998

no woof tipsic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me with getting the music ripped from the game in wav format? Not all of the songs are in studio once you get all perfects, and i have no clue if there is a sound test menu. Can someone help?
All the music in the game is in .aac format. Braindump your game and extract your romfs; you'll find the music pretty easily. If you can't do that, pm me and I'll be happy to link the files to you when I wake up

Last edited by ultramario1998,

mrgameandwatch09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the music in the game is in .aac format. Braindump your game and extract your romfs; you'll find the music pretty easily. If you can't do that, pm me and I'll be happy to link the files to you when I wake up

Im pretty sure that is for the 3ds version, I'm talking about the GBA version. If it is for the GBA version, do you mind uploading the files to mega or something of the sort? Thanks

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im pretty sure that is for the 3ds version, I'm talking about the GBA version. If it is for the GBA version, do you mind uploading the files to mega or something of the sort? Thanks
I've looked into this before. Rhythm Tengoku Silver uses regular Midi files embedded in the ROM. Unfortunately, quite a few songs are broken into many chunks so it's not very simple. I've looked into attempting to force the studio to play different songs, and didn't get anywhere with that. The only other idea I have is to overwrite the SFX samples with silence and play whatever levels need ripping, since the samples are pretty easy to find.

Reactions: W hat

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've looked into this before. Rhythm Tengoku Silver uses regular Midi files embedded in the ROM. Unfortunately, quite a few songs are broken into many chunks so it's not very simple. I've looked into attempting to force the studio to play different songs, and didn't get anywhere with that. The only other idea I have is to overwrite the SFX samples with silence and play whatever levels need ripping, since the samples are pretty easy to find.
This sounds pretty accurate. Good idea about overwriting with silence.

Best as I could tell from Audacity -> Import RAW audio was that the game had sequenced (MIDI-like) music. There's no full OST just sitting on the ROM, you have to sequence it yourself from the base sound effects and instruments.

I don't know about any sound test menu besides the studio.

mrgameandwatch09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Does someone mind doing this? And also, if so please do it with visualboyadvance and export the audio to wav, NOT MP3! I can provide a save file with all games unlocked if someone wants me to.

ultramario1998

no woof tipsic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does someone mind doing this? And also, if so please do it with visualboyadvance and export the audio to wav, NOT MP3! I can provide a save file with all games unlocked if someone wants me to.
Yeah, just looked at this-- the normal, run-of-the-mill extraction techniques won't work here (RTG doesn't use Sappy). It doesn't look like anyone's been able to get an actual rip of it, in fact. If someone does, I would be very interested in this as well. There is an official soundtrack, but I'm not sure how well that would work for your needs.

(Also, I'm very sorry for replying about TB+, I thought I was in a different thread. I can give you that music too, if you want...)

mrgameandwatch09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, just looked at this-- the normal, run-of-the-mill extraction techniques won't work here (RTG doesn't use Sappy). It doesn't look like anyone's been able to get an actual rip of it, in fact. If someone does, I would be very interested in this as well. There is an official soundtrack, but I'm not sure how well that would work for your needs.

(Also, I'm very sorry for replying about TB+, I thought I was in a different thread. I can give you that music too, if you want...)
Thats ok, i have the music from TB+, but thanks you very much for the offer.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And about the soundtrack, I have it in flac, but there are many songs missing from the GBA part of it

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I did a PoC with the one non-studio song I wanted. Remix 2. All of the sound effects except for The Bon Odori's clapping have been removed.

It's only taken me what, 3 years?

Reactions: Sliter and W hat

mrgameandwatch09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I did a PoC with the one non-studio song I wanted. Remix 2. All of the sound effects except for The Bon Odori's clapping have been removed.

It's only taken me what, 3 years?

Thats awesome, good job! Do you have the rom with the sfx removed or a wav version?

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats awesome, good job! Do you have the rom with the sfx removed or a wav version?
This IPS file removes a lot of SFX (enough for Remix 2), though not all of them. And some actual instruments may have gotten removed for other songs. I'm not sure.

For anyone who wants to do this themselves:
Import the ROM into Audacity as specified here and open a copy in a Hex Editor with the offset base set to decimal.
Set the Audio Position counter at the bottom of Audacity to "samples".
Hit play in Audacity until you find SFX you want to remove. Highlight the section of audio and note the selection start/end positions. Select the same range in your hex editor and fill that range with 00s.
Just be careful near the beginning and end of the sample data.

Attachments

• Rhythm Tengoku Some SFX Removed.zip
    356 bytes · Views: 203

mrgameandwatch09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This IPS file removes a lot of SFX (enough for Remix 2), though not all of them. And some actual instruments may have gotten removed for other songs. I'm not sure.

For anyone who wants to do this themselves:
Import the ROM into Audacity as specified here and open a copy in a Hex Editor with the offset base set to decimal.
Set the Audio Position counter at the bottom of Audacity to "samples".
Hit play in Audacity until you find SFX you want to remove. Highlight the section of audio and note the selection start/end positions. Select the same range in your hex editor and fill that range with 00s.
Just be careful near the beginning and end of the sample data.

Thanks, does someone mind deleting the rest of the sound effects and/or making a video in detail about how to do it?

Domino054

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update! Since Rhythm Heaven Megamix has been released yesterday, I think it's time for some game changers. To be precise, game name changers.

Vegeta-Pull ---> Rhythm Tweezers
Dr. Bacteria ---> Sick Beats
Marcher ---> Marching Orders
Hopping Road ---> Bouncy Road

Reactions: W hat

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update! Since Rhythm Heaven Megamix has been released yesterday, I think it's time for some game changers. To be precise, game name changers.

Vegeta-Pull ---> Rhythm Tweezers
Dr. Bacteria ---> Sick Beats
Marcher ---> Marching Orders
Hopping Road ---> Bouncy Road
Rhythm Tweezers is a terrible name. The original Japanese supposedly translates to "Rhythm Epilation", but Vegeta-Pull is super clever and I love that name.
Sick Beats is great. I think the original name translates to Dr. Bacteria. That also ties into the original message for the game, which has a "memo from assistant".
Marching Orders I could take or leave. Same as Marcher, I'm not too attached to either.
Same for Bouncy Road.

I'm not personally interested in making these name changes. I'm proud of what the hack is already. You'd have to ask the hackers and graphics artists what they think, but I can't imagine they want to redraw graphics to meet a fresh localization.

I would not be opposed with releasing a tool or something to dump the audio from RHM and import it into RHS for games like Marcher and
Space Dance

Reactions: paperycandy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, DO THE METH!!!