• Views 426,915
  • Replies 527
  • Likes 35

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the update. Is this new Demul version available publicly anywhere? I have no intention of porting the translation to the Arcade version (other people certainly can if they want: the source has been posted multiple times), but depending on how easy it is to translate the new material (does the tempo up section have new text?), I might look into that. I hope the 3DS Rhythm Heaven game makes it to other countries.
Last post here http://forum.emu-russia.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=503&start=140

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the graphics folder here. That is the source code used to build the translation. You need to put the Rhythm Tengoku.gba ROM file in the "Game" folder. Some of the graphics are not in the "Graphics" folder. The reason some images are missing is because our hackers and SirNiko did a small amount of work after the newest source code upload.

I did almost no work on the graphics, so anyone else on the team would be better for helping you with graphics questions. You'll probably need a special program to edit the .bin files for the images. Crystal Tile 2 might work.

WindowsTiger

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
windowstiger.tistory.com
XP
Country
Korea, South
Check the graphics folder here. That is the source code used to build the translation. You need to put the Rhythm Tengoku.gba ROM file in the "Game" folder. Some of the graphics are not in the "Graphics" folder. The reason some images are missing is because our hackers and SirNiko did a small amount of work after the newest source code upload.

I did almost no work on the graphics, so anyone else on the team would be better for helping you with graphics questions. You'll probably need a special program to edit the .bin files for the images. Crystal Tile 2 might work.

Ah, I found graphics in the folder.
So now I can modify the images.
but this time, I can't repack graphics.
I tried to use compile.bat but it doesn't work
Cmd shows to me that compiler can't find DSDecmp.exe and armips.exe
Where can I found and How can I use this?

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

WindowsTiger

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
windowstiger.tistory.com
XP
Country
Korea, South
Cap_2015-09-09_23-23-46-991.png

and.... how can i set the images?
rom_00_hanmaru08.png

I want to make like this
but i modify the file, i makes glitch.
and the first word '리' should go more up
but i can't
is there no way i can modify original japanese title?

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These questions better suited for our excellent hackers & graphics artists MegaRockEXE and Greiga Master, and our manager SirNiko. I don't have the knowledge to answer these questions.
W hat, Some people May notice that the Built to Scale intro screen is still in japanese. How can we fix that?
It is not translated in our internal version either. I vaguely remember someone working on it.
I can ask something again?
I finally change images by using tool(yes, I'm idot)
but the warning screen at starting game is deleted
how can i revive this?
and.... how can i set the images?
I want to make like this
but i modify the file, i makes glitch.
and the first word '리' should go more up
but i can't
is there no way i can modify original japanese title?
You're not an idiot. Graphics hacking for this game is much harder than text hacking. But, I did not do any of the work on the title screen. Sorry!

WindowsTiger

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
windowstiger.tistory.com
XP
Country
Korea, South
These questions better suited for our excellent hackers & graphics artists MegaRockEXE and Greiga Master, and our manager SirNiko. I don't have the knowledge to answer these questions.

It is not translated in our internal version either. I vaguely remember someone working on it.

You're not an idiot. Graphics hacking for this game is much harder than text hacking. But, I did not do any of the work on the title screen. Sorry!
Then....
Can you tell me graphic editor's e-mail address or other means of communication?

Because I am young (even 16) and not using english well, I can't find means of communication myself.
So I need some means of communication though it is just twitter.

Can you let me know?

Domino054

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Space is also an issue - as you can see, it's already tight. I'd considered "Quartet Timing", but I'd really rather not shrink the text too much and make it ugly with such low resolution. I'll mull on this for a few days and maybe I'll have a brainstorm. I appreciate the suggestions, and might use one of them! Usually I come up with something witty pretty quick, but this one is harder than most.
Sir Niko, How about "Four on the Floor!"?

WindowsTiger

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
windowstiger.tistory.com
XP
Country
Korea, South
I5cE36Z.png

I'm actually further ahead than this. I did the all the remix title cards since they were so similar. MRE did a great job on the "Remix" font and I just had to insert it in seven more tile sheets and copy the numbers.

There are a couple of lingering issues like one game's title card that won't upload quite right, and a weird problem where the screen goes orange during some transitions. I'm kind of hoping the latter will disappear when we strip out the LUA code stuff we added to locate memory locations.

Bon Odori's flickering problem is also still a big issue.

We also could use somebody who is an audio guru because I don't think we can have an acceptable release without changing the Marcher sound effects to English. Our programming guy doesn't know audio stuff.

Anyway, I'm pushing game title cards and rhythm game graphics right now. We're reaching a point where the number of things left to do is in double digits. We've talked about a new demo but we keep thinking of things we'd rather fix first.

Onwards and upwards, all the same!

Can you help me to edit graphic?
I'm translating rhythm heaven to Korean
I heard you edit the graphics.(maybe)
I am using (released here) graphic compile tool. So I can modify almost graphics
But I can't modify some graphics naturally
For the example, in the English patch xxth remix(Japanese) is remix xx
But in the rhythm heaven gold and fever Korean version , it's translated xxth remix.
Also I should pallets of modify power celagrphy(I don't know the spelling) intro screen's old man because of wii version.
Also samurai slice stage's samurai's all images are should modify to Korean traditional soldier "musa" because like previous sentence, nds and wii Korean version was localized like that.
(There are more problem's like this)
She can you help me?

ultramario1998

no woof tipsic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there all, great work.

I'm currently looking at the Rhythm Tengoku The Best+ rom. After having some struggles unpacking stuff, I was able to accomplish some simple texture hacks. However, there are quite a few other files that I can't really interface with...

What tools are you using to read the text from the RTG rom? I don't know if the files will be at all similar, but it's at least worth a shot to see if Nintendo's using the same tools for the same series, even if it is eight years between game releases.

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there all, great work.

I'm currently looking at the Rhythm Tengoku The Best+ rom. After having some struggles unpacking stuff, I was able to accomplish some simple texture hacks. However, there are quite a few other files that I can't really interface with...

What tools are you using to read the text from the RTG rom? I don't know if the files will be at all similar, but it's at least worth a shot to see if Nintendo's using the same tools for the same series, even if it is eight years between game releases.
The text in RH GBA is uncompressed. You can see it with any hex editor. Klarth made a neat tool called Atlas that works well with simple script edits. Spikeman (I think) made the Atlas script we use. If you find anything that has uncompressed text (or maybe something more complicated, I don't know how it works), you can make an Atlas script that automates the injection of translated text.

The graphics are all beyond me; our hackers would know much better. Check the source code (within the Beta 10a release IIRC) if you want to at least see the tools used.

WindowsTiger

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
windowstiger.tistory.com
XP
Country
Korea, South
Long time no see,
I am translating rhythm heaven already
Hahaha...

I have few questions about Graphic
Q1. How to know graphic's pointer?

The patch compiler has many extractd graphic but not all
For example, the warning screen image file was not exist.
So I read this forum well well well. And finally found the pointer.
But i can't know another graphic's pointer.
How can I know that?

Q2. How to extract another files?
Exclude the graphic(tile)file, i couldn't extract files(ex.pallet, tilemap, assembly) with "Rhythm tengoku compression.exe" in the Other folder.

How to extract this?

Q3. How to modify (and extract) xx_assemlby.bin

I opened these with "crystaltile 2" and try to watch with hex mode or asm command mode
but I have no idea....
How to modify?

Q4. How to modify (and extract) pallet file?
title screen has "title_pal.bin"
i tryed to use this but fail....

how to use and modify?
and i can extract and modify another graphic's one?

I think I have more problem's which i forgot and didn't write in here.
So I may ask about this whenever.

And PLEASE, ANSWER PLEASE.
My head is going to burn about this problems!

Reactions: W hat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse