Hacking RetroGameFan Updates/Releases

yuniom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using an M3 Real on 6.98 + latest 6.99 DATs. I've noticed that, with some ROMs, they fail to load, with disk errcode=-82. What does this mean?

If it makes any difference, I do rename my ROMs when I put them on the microSD to make it a bit more organised. I probably should format it at some point, too...

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@ Everyone

A new DAT Update is available and the front page has been updated :)

Okay. I got an R4i-SDHC v5.0. The problem is that, no matter whether I use an 8 GB Kingston Class 4 card, 16 GB Samsung Class 2 Card, or 8 GB Sandisk Class 2 Card, Pokémon White 1 would not load past the 'file select' screen nor Rocket Slime would load at all. I even tried the original firmware to the same effect!
ADDENDUM: I knew that the memory card was at fault! The issue was that I refused to use the official formater! (The official formater did wrong with my computer, but I used the official formater under someone else's computer. Now the games work.)
EPILOGUE: ...now they broke again. What is wrong? I so wish I could return the flashcard...
I can't offer support for your carts original kernel sorry.
Using an M3 Real on 6.98 + latest 6.99 DATs. I've noticed that, with some ROMs, they fail to load, with disk errcode=-82. What does this mean?
If it makes any difference, I do rename my ROMs when I put them on the microSD to make it a bit more organised. I probably should format it at some point, too...
Errcode -81, -82, -83 refer to fragmentation, so you answered your own question! Back up and FULL Format :)
i have a www.R4issdhc.com flashkart
i tried the dual boot method but it dint wrk for me

kart got stuck as soon as i clicked the YSmenu.nds file
Use your carts original kernel and just copy the the .dats from the DAT folder in my latest DAT Update v6.99 6179

Squall Leonhart

Trophies
Website
vba-m.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hey retrogamefan,

Just wondering if it is normal, or whether its some kind of bug that eeprom saves are always written as 512K Flash instead.

New Super Mario Bros is a title that is supposed to use eeprom 64 kbit (8Kilobytes) but instead saves as 2Mbit (512Kilobytes)

boyumeow

慵懶的老貓
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Just something that I have discovered in case some of them is having trouble to boot up, the file "YSMenu.ini" need ";" to be removed at the line "; AUTO_BOOT=".
Thanks.

masterz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What in the world is this? I'm so confused. Could you please explain what it is on the first post? i don't know if I want this thing or not...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
What in the world is this? I'm so confused. Could you please explain what it is on the first post? i don't know if I want this thing or not...
It's ROM-loading software for flash carts that were abandoned by the site that produced them (and thus do not have their own updates).

masterz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah OK, well that clears that up. It's cool that he's doing it then. He should add it on the first post then, so that way people like me who are clueless can know what's up with it.

kumpandjill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah OK, well that clears that up. It's cool that he's doing it then. He should add it on the first post then, so that way people like me who are clueless can know what's up with it.
Agreed. So useful, but you gotta assume that some people are turned off by it simply b/c of confusion. Even if it could help them.

Wypeyourmouf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I spent like 2 hrs trying to figure how to update my m3izero card i bought it like around 2010 or 2009 not sure but its old. I formatted my sd card first to fat32. I downloaded then 6.98 cart update, 6.99 dat update and 6.99 cart update. from the 6.98 cart update i grabbed the files and folders in the M3Real_M3iZero YSMenu and pasted it into my microsd card. Then i opened the 6.99 cart update didnt see a folder for m3izero card so i ignored that folder. I opened then the Dat Update 6.99 and copied theextinfo.dat, infolib.dat, savlib.dat, usrcheat.dat and YSMenu.ini in my TTMenu Folder and SYSTEM folder And then i opened the DLL folder and copied extinfo.dll, infbase.dll, savedb.dll, usrcheat.dat and YSMenu.ini in my TTMENU Folder and SYSTEM. I then updated my m3izero it wasnt blinking as its suppose to it would stay on the red light, usually its suppose to blink to let you know its updating and when it stops blinking it means its ready but it stayed on the light. So if i could get some help i would really appreciate it.

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey I spent like 2 hrs trying to figure how to update my m3izero card i bought it like around 2010 or 2009 not sure but its old. I formatted my sd card first to fat32. I downloaded then 6.98 cart update, 6.99 dat update and 6.99 cart update. from the 6.98 cart update i grabbed the files and folders in the M3Real_M3iZero YSMenu and pasted it into my microsd card. Then i opened the 6.99 cart update didnt see a folder for m3izero card so i ignored that folder. I opened then the Dat Update 6.99 and copied theextinfo.dat, infolib.dat, savlib.dat, usrcheat.dat and YSMenu.ini in my TTMenu Folder and SYSTEM folder And then i opened the DLL folder and copied extinfo.dll, infbase.dll, savedb.dll, usrcheat.dat and YSMenu.ini in my TTMENU Folder and SYSTEM. I then updated my m3izero it wasnt blinking as its suppose to it would stay on the red light, usually its suppose to blink to let you know its updating and when it stops blinking it means its ready but it stayed on the light. So if i could get some help i would really appreciate it.

Try the process again this time dont copy the 6.99 DLL's

Install 6.98 and overwrite the DAT's only with the 6.99 update

NFK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
So, has anyone tried to install ysmeno on the R4iTT RTS? i have a feeling that it'll brick up like the other one i tried with months ago.

Wypeyourmouf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try the process again this time dont copy the 6.99 DLL's

Install 6.98 and overwrite the DAT's only with the 6.99 update

Yea it still isn't working i did what you told me redid the process and just copied the DAT files in 6.99 update to TTMENU and SYSTEM. My card is still not updating just stays with its red light on and everytime press the chessmaster thing on my 3ds i just get a error and it asks me to restart my 3ds.

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This is not a firmware update this is a cases software one.

What card your using?

Edit: ah try checking for a firmware update on the card site if there ain't an update you may be screwed

rezafaliq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi,sorry im a noob but im having a problem here,ok i already setup everything and can run ysmenu fine (pokemon white etc playable) so my problem is when i add a new lets say 5 roms inside the sd card,the roms will be unplayable and the game icon doesnt show inside ysmenu and the loading bar will be blue,but when i copy the same 5 roms to another sdcard,the game will be playable,can someone help me?im using r4iiisdhc

kumpandjill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,sorry im a noob but im having a problem here,ok i already setup everything and can run ysmenu fine (pokemon white etc playable) so my problem is when i add a new lets say 5 roms inside the sd card,the roms will be unplayable and the game icon doesnt show inside ysmenu and the loading bar will be blue,but when i copy the same 5 roms to another sdcard,the game will be playable,can someone help me?im using r4iiisdhc
Trying formatting the sd card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU