Hacking RetroGameFan Updates/Releases

Shadowlurker

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
bialy_gibson said:
Shadowlurker said:
Hmm something went wrong, I updated nessasary files, now it just boots TTmenu not YSMenu, What did i do wrong?

I think You overwritten your ysmenu file - during installation of ysmenu, ysmenu.nds is renamed to ttmenu.dat. New ttmenu.dat is in retro's package, and this is not renamed ysmenu.nds. I overwritten it, and got the same effect as You.

EDIT. Wow. I think I wrote some serious puzzle.

O.o, Ya stumped me on that one :S, So how do i cure this problem?

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zanahoria said:
999 works fine here (r4i-sdhc v1.4). I've been playing for half an hour and no freezes yet.
yaynds.gif
It used to freeze every couple of minutes!
The text is a bit jagged, some pixels do not appear, but it's still 100% readable.
Thank you sooo much, Retro.
biggrin.gif
good i thought i was going crazy guess it wasnt me but its still fully playable and 100% awesome

thanks retro

bialy_gibson

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Shadowlurker said:
bialy_gibson said:
Shadowlurker said:
Hmm something went wrong, I updated nessasary files, now it just boots TTmenu not YSMenu, What did i do wrong?

I think You overwritten your ysmenu file - during installation of ysmenu, ysmenu.nds is renamed to ttmenu.dat. New ttmenu.dat is in retro's package, and this is not renamed ysmenu.nds. I overwritten it, and got the same effect as You.

Rename your backup ysmenu.nds to ttmenu.dat and copy it to Your SD (overwrite). Also, copy new (from retro's package) ttdldi.dat and ttpatch.dat to ysmenu folder (overwrite).

ad00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I already have YsMenu, can I just grab extinfo/infolib/savlib or do I need to install the TTMenu that's in the download for anything to work?

Shadowlurker

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
bialy_gibson said:
Shadowlurker said:
bialy_gibson said:
Shadowlurker said:

Rename your backup ysmenu.nds to ttmenu.dat and copy it to Your SD (overwrite). Also, copy new (from retro's package) ttdldi.dat and ttpatch.dat to ysmenu folder (overwrite).

Ah there we go, thank you

And Thank you retro, Your the man
bow.gif

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ad00 said:
If I already have YsMenu, can I just grab extinfo/infolib/savlib or do I need to install the TTMenu that's in the download for anything to work?

Ithink you also need to copy the OPTIONS.SYS file.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
Pliskron said:
Ithink you also need to copy the OPTIONS.SYS file.
Options.sys is for the DSTT only, YSMenu doesn't use it.
Are you sure? When I updated for Batman a little while back I got white screens until I replaced the OPTIONS.SYS. and I use YSMenu. I'm not positive that's what did it but I'm pretty sure.

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
other thig...

I think it's better if you do "two pack"

One for DSTT kernel with: "TTMENU.DAT" - "ttpatch.dat" - "Extinfo.dat" - "infolib.dat" - "savlib.dat"
One for YSMenu with: "_DS_MENU.DAT" - "r4patch.dat" - "Extinfo.dat" - "infolib.dat" - "savlib.dat"

it is okay for you?

Skoony

Trophies
XP
Country
France
THANK YOU!
Don't listen to people who speak ill you or who take you for an idiot! You make of a good taff and it's thanks to somebody as you the DSTT still survives !
Openly : fortunately that are you there to supply your files because the last games which go out are excellent but cannot be played except when your files are up to date and openly I don't think I shall have been able to still played so for a long time without somebody as you who update files!

Thank you
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back