Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

ricardoapchaves

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyone knows how to handle MAME2003 or FBA2012 playing Shooter Flying Vertical games? I always get upside down screen when trying play Psikyo games like Gunbird, Strikers 1945.
I'm using FBA 0.2.97.30 romset.

Last edited by ricardoapchaves,

MAST3RF0X

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mypizzatube.com
XP
Country
Italy
I need help, please with SCUMMVM. After a lot of reading and trying, lets say I was able to run and play games. However I'm unable to find a way to use touchscreen on gamepad . I'm pretty sure I've missed something... But can't understand where and what.

My issue is : scummvm seems to accept touch input, but cursor place itself exactly on center and doesn't move. No way. So this means touch commands are recognized but more like center and stop.
I've read that touch support is enable somewhere on retroarch 1.7.3, and a lot of users say it's working... But is not my case. Any idea?

Try I've done: Update all, changing 4:3 and 16:9, place custom to 640x480 .. .Nothing have worked.

Also:
Can't understand why adding games on Scummvm land always in a crash dump message, while if I create a .Scummvm file and use launch content on RA it works. Not important, but curious to understand.

Thank you a lot for helping me.

R0B0T0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have config files been enabled again for USB controllers? Is the controller code rewrite complete?

My arcade stick & a few other controllers that I used to use with the WiiU have sadly been gathering dust...

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I need help, please with SCUMMVM. After a lot of reading and trying, lets say I was able to run and play games. However I'm unable to find a way to use touchscreen on gamepad . I'm pretty sure I've missed something... But can't understand where and what.

My issue is : scummvm seems to accept touch input, but cursor place itself exactly on center and doesn't move. No way. So this means touch commands are recognized but more like center and stop.
I've read that touch support is enable somewhere on retroarch 1.7.3, and a lot of users say it's working... But is not my case. Any idea?

Try I've done: Update all, changing 4:3 and 16:9, place custom to 640x480 .. .Nothing have worked.

Also:
Can't understand why adding games on Scummvm land always in a crash dump message, while if I create a .Scummvm file and use launch content on RA it works. Not important, but curious to understand.

Thank you a lot for helping me.
Try 1.7.2 touch screen support has been broken for long time now.

Reactions: Mudwaster

MAST3RF0X

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mypizzatube.com
XP
Country
Italy
Some times I must take a look at Clock to understand how many hours I've lost to learn.... However here the results of those days of try,try,try,try,try,try....and try.

[TUTORIAL] RETROARCH SCUMMVM FOR NINTENDO WII U WITH GAMEPAD TOUCHSCREEN ENABLED
(Italian and English language)

Some things I would be glad to know :
  • If you liked it
  • If you know what each button of gamepad is supposed to do (I've prepared ad image on my site with explain...but I was unable to find some specific info )
  • If you have suggestion to add
  • If I make mistake on typo (maybe a lot...)

musicman130

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my Wii u 2 weeks ago and have haxchi on it and have an external HDD for Wii u games. I would like to use emulators also on the system. Question is if I put retroarch on an SD card I would also need to have ROMs on it as I can't use the Wii u formatted he, correct? I am mainly looking to play games Atari to SNES/Genesis era with TG 16 also in there. How difficult is it to set up and what size SD card would you recommend? I have set up retropi before on my raspberry pi so I have a little experience in doing this.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just got my Wii u 2 weeks ago and have haxchi on it and have an external HDD for Wii u games. I would like to use emulators also on the system. Question is if I put retroarch on an SD card I would also need to have ROMs on it as I can't use the Wii u formatted he, correct? I am mainly looking to play games Atari to SNES/Genesis era with TG 16 also in there. How difficult is it to set up and what size SD card would you recommend? I have set up retropi before on my raspberry pi so I have a little experience in doing this.
Yeah you're right, sd is the way to go, and as you've set up retropi already this should be a walk in the park for you to set up.. You probably know better yourself what size sd card you'll need: it entirely depends on how many roms you really want, and particularly, of course, whether you want a decent collection of Sega CD/TG-PCE CD games - if you're generally not too fussed about the CDs then a 32GB is more than enough, and cheap as chips nowadays (hell you could get away with 16GB!), but if you want CDs/full sets/MAME-FBA-ScummVM (and don't forget PSP is now working to a certain extent too) then consider a larger one.

morpheous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello fellas, anyone know if there is a wii u Retroarch forwarder that loads from USB, instead of SD? I don't want to load anything from the SD card.

musicman130

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might have been asked in the past, but I don't want to read through 528 pages. Does the SNES emulator in retroarch play all SNES games, ie mario RPG or not? Also does it play MSU1 games?

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Might have been asked in the past, but I don't want to read through 528 pages. Does the SNES emulator in retroarch play all SNES games, ie mario RPG or not? Also does it play MSU1 games?
Yes, all the cart chips are supported, as is MSU1.... All the 'main' cores available for Wii U retroarch run well, apart from PS1, some scummvm, and of course certain arcade titles on Mame (mostly the 3D games)

piete

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi! Sorry if this has been discussed but I did a search on the thread and did not find anything. I'm new to Wii U, back in Wii days I tried to include Wiimote's gyroscope axes to control Star Wars (the vector graphics game) on Mame à la Mario Kart and Excite Truck.

I may have even tinkered the source code without knowing too much C(++) but I managed to get some response, but did not have full success. And years have gone past and I don't remember anything of what I did back then. Is there a possibility to use the gamepad's gyroscope/accelerometer to control games? Besides Star Wars, at least racing games would benefit of this.

musicman130

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have a question about retroarch, I installed it to my wiiu main menu and when I click on it, after starting haxchi it shows the retroarch splash screen and then shows wii u and takes me back to the main menu. Not sure what I did wrong, can someone advise on what I need to do to get it working. I have my games on an SD card that is in the wii u when I start it up.

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you still have the retroarch folder and the cores on the SD? The channel is just like a core loader if i recall correctly. might even just be a forwarder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty