XP
Country
Germany
ksg0hEg.jpg

byLuGsQ.jpg

it look better now.

Yeah it's happening! Good work man!

A port of ScumVM would be great once touchscreen controlers are implemented :P

Can't wait to play Day of the Tentacle on my Wii U. =)

PCKid11

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
RetroArch won't load for me on the latest nightly :(

I either get a black screen or a DSI error and my console locks up.

Help!

DSI: Instr at 0D25CD5C bad read from unmapped memory at 53454400

Last edited by PCKid11,

rioray

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@ploggy , no I only have built one or two cores to test it .

https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/pull/5580

The PR is not merged yet because I've experimented some freeze/error screen so I want someone with more gx2 knowledge to review it and state if it is safe or not.
also actually alphamod of the overlay not working (I don't know how deal it with the RA embedded shader it missing a vertex color attribute to do it dynamically ?)
and some multiple overlay (like the gamepad overlay) have some buttons that does not scale properly (some of them scale properly other not ?)

that said the mame scanline overlay is very nice!

@rioray I'm wondering whether it can be decided per game which overlay to take as I saw a screenshot from a specific 19xx/1944 arcade border.

honestly I don't know , I played with overlay last night and it's a big pain to scale the custom viewport to fit the overlay screen.
most of the arcade overlay are for 1080p and a have usage of shader.
not perfect but with tweaking some 1943.zip.cfg .... (with choosing aspect ratio = config)

Code:
# Config created by Floob
# https://github.com/biscuits99/rp-video-manager
# http://www.youtube.com/c/SmartretroCoUk-Gaming

#video_shader = "/opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/shader/arcade-bezel-shader/crt-pi-vertical.glslp"
#video_shader_enable = "true"

input_overlay = "sd:/retroarch/overlay/arcade/1943.cfg"
input_overlay_enable = true
input_overlay_opacity = 0.850000
input_overlay_scale = 1.000000

custom_viewport_width = "300"
custom_viewport_height = "400"
custom_viewport_x = "277"
custom_viewport_y = "40"

aspect_ratio_index = "22"

video_scale_integer = false
IAS9xdW.jpg

@QuarkTheAwesome another subject ,
in the waiting you fix your touch driver,
today I had fun with it,to bypass the problem of input press not detected using pad_state[0] |= VPAD_BUTTON_TOUCH;
I did a quick bad hack to add another analog_state : static int16_t analog_state[MAX_PADS][4/*3*/][2];
then I could use it in the touch detection
Code:
      if (vpad.tpNormal.touched && vpad.tpNormal.validity == VPAD_VALID) {
         struct video_viewport vp = {0};
         video_driver_get_viewport_info(&vp);
         VPADTouchData cal = {0};
         /* Calibrates data to a 720p screen, seems to clamp outer 12px */
         VPADGetTPCalibratedPoint(0, &cal, &(vpad.tpNormal));
         /* Calibrate to viewport and save as axis 2 (idx 4,5) */

analog_state[0][2][0] = (int16_t)scaleTP(12.0f, 1268.0f, 0.0f, (float)(vp.full_width), (float)cal.x);
         analog_state[0][2][1] = (int16_t)scaleTP(12.0f, 708.0f, 0.0f, (float)(vp.full_height), (float)cal.y);

//bad hack !
         analog_state[0][3][0] = 1;
         analog_state[0][3][1] +=1;

/* Emulating a button for touch; lets people assign it to menu
            for that traditional RetroArch Wii U feel */
         pad_state[0] |= VPAD_BUTTON_TOUCH;
      } else {
         /* This is probably 0 anyway */
         pad_state[0] &= ~VPAD_BUTTON_TOUCH;
         analog_state[0][3][0] = 0;
         analog_state[0][3][1] = 0;
      }
Code:
static int16_t wiiu_pointer_device_state(wiiu_input_t* wiiu, unsigned id)
{
   switch (id)
   {
       case RETRO_DEVICE_ID_POINTER_PRESSED:
                   return  wiiu->joypad->axis(0, 0xFFFF0007UL); // bad hack it give the tick count how the pointer is hold
       //   return wiiu->joypad->get_buttons(0) & VPAD_BUTTON_TOUCH;
       case RETRO_DEVICE_ID_POINTER_X:
           return wiiu->joypad->axis(0, 0xFFFF0004UL);
       case RETRO_DEVICE_ID_POINTER_Y:
           return wiiu->joypad->axis(0, 0xFFFF0005UL);
   }

return 0;
}
then I could get the press state in my code and did things like
Code:
int p_press = input_state_cb(0, RETRO_DEVICE_POINTER, 0,RETRO_DEVICE_ID_POINTER_PRESSED);
if(p_press>25)mouse_left=1;

As sample , I quickly hook this in vice code , the virtual keyboard should respond to the touch (moving around , push key).
https://filebin.net/l3yq74woaopqvlnq/vice_x64_libretro.rpx.zip

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@rioray no probs mate. Hopefully someone in the know can give it an ok and can get merged soon ;) and congrats on figuring out a way to get touch presses recognised :)

TLPD-AVW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
So apparently there is a small specific reason for using Snes9x 2010 over modern Snes9x on Wii U. RetroArch has a built in support for Retro Achievements - a fan made service which uses emulation to create achievement system for retro video games. I discovered it last week and so far I'm impressed. The thing is that modern Snes9x has only partial support for it and doesn't register the achievement unlocks. You have to use 2010 to play with achievements. Likewise, Nestopia has no support for NES achievements, so you have to use FCEUmm or QuickNES for them.

Last edited by TLPD-AVW,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So apparently there is a small specific reason for using Snes9x 2010 over modern Snes9x on Wii U. RetroArch has a built in support for Retro Achievements - a fan made service which uses emulation to create achievement system for retro video games. I discovered it last week and so far I'm impressed. The thing is that modern Snes9x has only partial support for it and doesn't register the achievement unlocks. You have to use 2010 to play with achievements. Likewise, Nestopia has no support for NES achievements, so you have to use FCEUmm or QuickNES for them.

That sucks, I'd rather not sacrifice accuracy for achievements IMHO

Reactions: cucholix

Sadistblue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: Been using the latest Nightlies for retroarch, but also encountered the issue with the latest stable release. After saving/loading save states in succession (Think; retrying a boss, quick loading 3-4 times until success), or even loading up too many different roms in succession causes the SD card to dismount (or at least in the small window before it crashes I can see my usb drive contents (Not just the playlist), but my sd card is inaccessible when it was moments prior.), which leads to a System Memory Error soon after. Is this a known issue or something entirely on my end?

I save/load states to my SD card, and have my roms on a USB (USB never seems to disconnect, I could swap save states to usb I guess). Is this a minor inconvenience in the release? I usually keep my save states to 3-4 times before I close content and restart retroarch (Lost too much progress to do it any other way >_>) If no one else encounters these issues I may just buy a new SD card.

I appreciate all the homebrew efforts this community has brought forth!

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@rioray Thanks for that informative post. I'm really glad that you're digging into Wii U's RetroArch port that much, you're a win for the community.
Also nice job on the touch support. Keep it up without rushing yourself. :)

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
It can't be stressed enough. If the team manages to make some tertiary feature work, nice, but there's still a lot that eed to be done instead of working on Achievements of all things.

TLPD-AVW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hehe, I expected that some would disregard achievements completely. I agree that's not a feature for everyone. When it comes to accuracy, Genesis and Master System, PC Engine, GB(C) and GBA are accurately covered with achievement support by Genesis Plus GX, Beetle PCE-Fast, Gambatte and mGBA respectively.

Reactions: cucholix

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe i'm too old, but i disregard them because i lived through a time in videogames where achievements were not neccesary to keep you engaged. Ironically, we're talking about the NES/SNES/Arcade era. If a game didn't manage to engage you, it didn't deserve more than a rent/a few coins.

I guess it is a matter of personal preference. I can't say i dislake achievements, i just don't understand them and i see them as a completely prescindible feature, moreso in this case, where the Wii U Retroarch team is still ironing things.

In my opinion, out of a looooooooooooooooong list, achievements are the last thing to worry about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer