Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?posts/7615859

I posted how I caused the error here. I cant be more specific since I only managed to trigger the error a few times.. try after a fresh install.

Literally by highlighting the Favorites tab (pressing right twice) causes the freeze and pressing a few buttons after causes the dsi error.

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?posts/7615859

I posted how I caused the error here. I cant be more specific since I only managed to trigger the error a few times.. try after a fresh install.

Literally by highlighting the Favorites tab (pressing right twice) causes the freeze and pressing a few buttons after causes the dsi error.

Bparker tells me he cannot reproduce your issue.

Can you put your .lpl files in a zip file and post a link here? One of them should be the favorites list.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bparker tells me he cannot reproduce your issue.

Can you put your .lpl files in a zip file and post a link here? One of them should be the favorites list.
I got the error from a clean install though. So no favorites lpl?

@LibretroRetroArc
EDIT: a bit more info.. It's not specific to the Favourites menu, it just happened to crash while on the Favourites menu. I managed to recreate it again but this time it locked up on a different tab.
It really needs to be a clean install though, once it locks up pressing "A" or "B" button does nothing (although "X" button does bring up the On screen Keyboard though)
But pressing the "L" or "R" buttons triggers the actual DSI Error..

I know it doesn't show in the vid but right after the vid stops I pressed the top L and R buttons a few times and caused a DSI Error..

Also the last build from the Bot is alot smaller than normal?

Attachments

• 20171019_225323.jpg
    20171019_225323.jpg
    855.4 KB · Views: 154
Last edited by ploggy,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's streaming right now and just called the retroarch WiiU guys "a bunch of assholes" lol

No offense to this individual, but unprovoked attacks like that, and ultimately insulting the devs, that's just a douche move on his part, and no, I'm not sorry for saying that. It's insults from people like him that cause devs to be unmotivated *shrug*

We need more motivated developers for the RetroArch Wii U port, not people like Hedgberg who are attacking other people, even in jest.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.
I’m currently still in version 1.67 and keep having this weird problem.

I swap lot between WiiU Pro Controller and gamepad and at some random point when starting up Retroarch neither will work as a main source of input for the menu. So I’m pretty much stuck at that point.
I then always have to take out the SD card and delete the config files created under wiiU/ and then for some reason I am able to work the gamepad again.

Has anybody had this issue?

rioray

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@LibretroRetroArc @bparker did you guys have any luck tracking down that bug? Also the build bot is still broke for WiiU :/

@ploggy
For the wiiu build , yes it failed at mame2003 (not only for wiiu) because a newer commit introduce an osd_malloc that were not declared elsewhere.
i did a PR and now waiting an merge.

https://github.com/libretro/mame2003-libretro/pull/146

@QuarkTheAwesome
any chance you can look at your touch driver to fix the press ? it will be cool to play with it on some core(light pointer in mame game , finger touch keyboard ...)

BTW not related but i was looking at the RA wiiu source
for overlay,after looking how wii deal it ,I think it can be possible to implement them on wiiu , of course need to look/study more but the actual code already deal with texture (for menu menu.texture) so it can be a good starting point.
Another thing is also to provide a rthread implementation for the wiiu , the most of the work was already done by @aliaspider but it missing a way to deal pthread_cond_timedwait.
as I have no knowledge of the wiiu , it can take age to me to done something with :)

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
@ploggy
For the wiiu build , yes it failed at mame2003 (not only for wiiu) because a newer commit introduce an osd_malloc that were not declared elsewhere.
i did a PR and now waiting an merge.

https://github.com/libretro/mame2003-libretro/pull/146

@QuarkTheAwesome
any chance you can look at your touch driver to fix the press ? it will be cool to play with it on some core(light pointer in mame game , finger touch keyboard ...)

BTW not related but i was looking at the RA wiiu source
for overlay,after looking how wii deal it ,I think it can be possible to implement them on wiiu , of course need to look/study more but the actual code already deal with texture (for menu menu.texture) so it can be a good starting point.
Another thing is also to provide a rthread implementation for the wiiu , the most of the work was already done by @aliaspider but it missing a way to deal pthread_cond_timedwait.
as I have no knowledge of the wiiu , it can take age to me to done something with :)
Been busy lately, sorry. I'll get onto that when I can (couple days?)

As for threading, it's kinda difficult on Wii U since it uses a completely different thread model than every other OS supported by RA. One basically has to write a thread scheduler from the ground up... Not super easy. That's the main reason it hasn't happened yet; despite how it's hampering performance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...