Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U can of course handle it. My o3ds can handle it fine (But takes 30 seconds to load it)

It's a matter of time, like with any other major features, I know 1.4.0 is in the works (along with its first official version), hard to say what features it'll have, but it has more than enough power to load XMB, among other features.

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a matter of time, like with any other major features, I know 1.4.0 is in the works (along with its first official version), hard to say what features it'll have, but it has more than enough power to load XMB, among other features.
Huh, 1.4.0 is already on the way? Do you think that with one of these updates they'll eventually drop a platform entirely? I know Wii/PSP are still getting nightlies, but they cant keep working with those, and im pretty sure those nightlies are broken and untested by now.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geez, my old 2ds could handle the xmb just fine (RIP) but it only took like 5 seconds to load. SD card speed maybe?
It can't be my SD card speeds. Its a class 10 64 gb sd card that reads/write at 65mb/s.
I think it is because I have a ton of stuff on the sd card. (100 files and folders on the root of it)

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, 1.4.0 is already on the way? Do you think that with one of these updates they'll eventually drop a platform entirely? I know Wii/PSP are still getting nightlies, but they cant keep working with those, and im pretty sure those nightlies are broken and untested by now.

It was stated on their Patreon, that 1.4.0 is in the works "soon", no ETA, but that the Wii U port would be included with that, what'll be featured, no idea yet. No clue about the Wii or PSP nightly builds, haven't tested those in ages, the Wii U is my go to emulation console.

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow, didn't realice, now that is a thing, but how about multiple controllers in a homebrew? Does that have been archived before? :unsure:
I just haven't made anything two player. I could have easily made Ast-U-Roids two player, but never bothered and got caught up in other things, and right now I'm evaluating what I even want to do if anything now.

Adding controllers to homebrew is pretty easy and basic though, and adding multiple controllers to RetroArch would be simple.

Last edited by brienj,
Reactions: Billy Acuña

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Which one?
BS Zelda (NES Remake) or ALttP Redux?
Just curious, will the ALttP Redux hack feature the Redux word on the title screen, a la DX? It is the ultimate revision for ALttP, after all.

I just haven't made anything two player. I could have easily made Ast-U-Roids two player, but never bothered and got caught up in other things, and right now I'm evaluating what I even want to do if anything now.

Adding controllers to homebrew is pretty easy and basic though, and adding multiple controllers to RetroArch would be simple.
I've been using your homebrews since the beginning. Cool work.

MSU-1 working great with Retroarch. Plenty of games to replay now.

Last edited by niuus,

DakotaBonez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, has anyone got 3rd strike running on their WiiU yet?
I'm trying the FB Alpha 2012 CPS3 app downloaded from wiiubru.com,
is there another app that can run it, or some old wii homebrew app?
I've tried 6 different roms from emuparadise, I've seen a couple posts mentioning that a specific romset is needed for fba.
Does anyone know where this romset can be found?
romset v0.2.97.30 ?

Or do I need some kind of bios file or parent file in the same folder with the 3rd strike folder?

Last edited by DakotaBonez,

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So, has anyone got 3rd strike running on their WiiU yet?
I've tried 6 different roms from emuparadise, I've seen a couple posts mentioning that a specific romset is needed for fba.
Does anyone know where this romset can be found?
romset v0.2.97.30 ?
Google "third strike fba retroarch romset", you will be linked to a page with the list of the roms needed in the zip package.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just curious, will the ALttP Redux hack feature the Redux word on the title screen, a la DX? It is the ultimate revision for ALttP, after all.

I've been using your homebrews since the beginning. Cool work.

MSU-1 working great with Retroarch. Plenty of games to replay now.
The DX letters are still in the title screen code :P
Actually, that's the reason why the ROM is expanded, I fucked up somewhere in the production of the hack and lost the clean title screen haha.
As for adding "Redux" into it, I'm still unsure, I want to keep the title screen clean for consistency sake, Redux is just the hack's name just to name it in a particular way xD

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Very awesome the msu1 support!!! Hearing the CD quality in my games makes me feel that the SNES CD probably would a sales success if it was released in its days.

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I find it fun for a while, then I find it annoying but that might be more due to the fact that some tracks are not well suited for the games...

Reactions: ShadowOne333

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If someone only made an MSU-1 hack for Earthworm Jim 1 and 2, that'd be epic, but I digress. Still, they work very well on Snes9x and that's pretty awesome for Wii U users :P

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I find it fun for a while, then I find it annoying but that might be more due to the fact that some tracks are not well suited for the games...
By the way, is this msu1 thing present on vita's port's core? I didn't tested but I think is a waste of time transfer the tracks via ftp if ain't present on that port.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, is this msu1 thing present on vita's port's core? I didn't tested but I think is a waste of time transfer the tracks via ftp if ain't present on that port.
Vita doesn't have mainline snes9x so it wouldn't work on the Vita.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1