brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I built them a while ago :) Iv'e tried building the newer ones but cant get it to work. I either get one to compile but get nothing but a black screen when testing it or I get a load of errors :(
It's just beyond my skill level. lol

EDIT:
Here are the libretro.a files for those Emulators maybe @FIX94 or @aliaspider can get them to work with the new updates?
Excellent, I'd try this myself, but unfortunately I still have random problems when making rpx files using wut. I can't even get HBL to compile correctly, and it creates a HUGE elf file to convert to rpx, which won't convert, because it's obviously too big.

Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Excellent, I'd try this myself, but unfortunately I still have random problems when making rpx files using wut. I can't even get HBL to compile correctly, and it creates a HUGE elf file to convert to rpx, which won't convert, because it's obviously too big.
lol yeah it's a pain in the arse :)

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know what isn't being said to make it work, but I sure wish it would be shared ...

There are a lot of homebrew apps that could be upgraded to be installed on the sysNAND very easily, if it was shared.

I think for retroarch converting elf to rpx is automatic at the end of the build process as long as wut path is set.

For me I'm not 100% sure where the libfat and libiosuhax files go after I compile them.

Last edited by ploggy,

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I think for retroarch converting elf to rpx is automatic at the end of the build process as long as wut path is set.

For me I'm not 100% sure where the libfat and libiosuhax files go after I compile them.
Yeah, I haven't tried any retroarch builds yet, but HBL 2.1 can not be compiled from the source code on GitHub, at least not correctly.

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
*shrug* I wouldn't know :unsure: Still haven't set it up yet.

I use Haxchi, not sure what the benefit is to 2.1.
My config is to start Haxchi without a button press which loads sig patching (Mocha), then I launch HBL from the System Menu. Never have to press a button launching anything.

I do keep pressing the A button to load HBL 1.4 from the SD card as a backup though, if I don't want to enable sig patching.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My config is to start Haxchi without a button press which loads sig patching (Mocha), then I launch HBL from the System Menu. Never have to press a button launching anything.

I do keep pressing the A button to load HBL 1.4 from the SD card as a backup though, if I don't want to enable sig patching.

Well, I tried to load HBL then Mocha, but all I got was a menu that I don't know how to use >.>

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might be a little unrelated, but does anyone who knows about making homebrew apps think it would be possible to make an app to fetch the latest nightlies and put them on the sd card from the wii u itself?

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I know, but i mean an app that as soon as you run it, it checks for a new nightly, and downloads it automatically. As much as i appreciate the latest working cores, i like to test the nightlies, even when they dont work :P
-snip-

Sorry, misread, however, I'd like to know WHY you would want nightlies that didn't work? That's a bit strange.

HBAS always has updates for the latest working ones though.

Last edited by brienj,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 oh i bet some rum raisin ice cream is so good

i don't drink, but some rum ice cream might be good
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good. My homemade ice cream machine started rust inside so I pitched it, but gotta get a new one, miss making my own ice cream, esp with booze.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But have you ever made ice cream on weed... Lol
    +2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hi