Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

Alcarajo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anywhere specific folder for the roms? I deleted the wii retroarch cfg file and now it lets me browse the folders but when i press on the snes roms folders the emu crashes, it just stays there.

EDIT: Sorry, it just took a bit long to read the roms folder because i have alot of roms.

Last edited by Alcarajo,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anywhere specific folder for the roms? I deleted the wii retroarch cfg file and now it lets me browse the folders but when i press on the snes roms folders the emu crashes, it just stays there.

EDIT: Sorry, it just took a bit long to read the roms folder because i have alot of roms.

Yes, one trick is to reduce the no. of files in a folder; I did that earlier today and it helps a lot. Having separate folders for each ROM type can help with that, even having multiple ROM folders within a folder can help.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Buildbot 2016-11-10

CPS1:
Working! (tested with: Final Fight, Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting) **
CPS2: Working! (tested with: Marvel vs. Capcom, Super Street Fighter II Turbo, X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes, Street Fighter Alpha)
CPS3: Working! (tested with: Street Fighter III: Third Strike, Jojo's Venture, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure) ***
FBA 2012: Won't load fully in the Homebrew Launcher (size limit)
Neo Geo: Working! (tested with: Art of Fighting 3, Fatal Fury 3, King of Fighter '96, The Last Blade 2, Metal Slug 4-5, SNK vs. Capcom)
FCEUMM: Working! ***
Gambatte: Exception Type DSI Error, CODE DUMP.
GenesisPlus GX: Working! Sega 1000, Master System, Genesis, and Sega CD, all perfect! MCD EUR BIOS runs a bit faster.
MAME2003 Midway: Working! (tested with: Mortal Kombat I - II - 3 - Ultimate, NBA Jam, NBA Jam Tournament Edition, NBA Maximum Hang Time)
Mednafen Lynx: Exception Type DSI Error, CODE DUMP.
Mednafen NGP: Exception Type DSI Error, CODE DUMP.
Mednafen PCE Fast: Exception Type DSI Error, CODE DUMP.
Mednafen SuperGrafx: Exception Type DSI Error, CODE DUMP.
Mednafen VB: Exception Type DSI Error, CODE DUMP.
Mednafen Wswan: Exception Type DSI Error, CODE DUMP.
mGBA: Working! GBA games only, GB games crash and CODE DUMP.
Nestopia: Exception Type DSI Error, CODE DUMP.
Quicknes: Working!
Snes9x 2010: Working!

** seems to hang after loading more than 2 or 3 roms.
*** if you go back to menu, pressing Resume will crash the emu and go back to Homebrew Launcher. You can load another ROM to circumvent this.

Opoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like the broken cores are still broken. Hope Gambatte and NGP get sorted out soon...Nestopia would be nice too, but FCEUMM is fine for now. Fingers crossed for Stella at some point too.

Reactions: VinsCool

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds like the broken cores are still broken. Hope Gambatte and NGP get sorted out soon...Nestopia would be nice too, but FCEUMM is fine for now. Fingers crossed for Stella at some point too.
I vote for Stella too!

liljon042

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like the buildbot updated again, with a new core. Don't know what system fuse is for though so I can't test it out.

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
This started with a blast, but we need to be realistic. It's time to let them get their own pace. Also, may i guess that only one member of the libretro team has a Wii U (The donated one in fact) ?

The nighlies are going to remain mainly untouched for a while i think, or at least until those DSI Exception errors get solved (I guess compatibility is the main priority for the libretro team)

I mean, the Wii U version hasn't even been announced on the libretro blog, it's obvious that this version is below the team's standards

By now, we have motherfucking Street Fighter 3 on Wii U. For a pre-Alpha that's is outstanding.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This started with a blast, but we need to be realistic. It's time to let them get their own pace. Also, may i guess that only one member of the libretro team has a Wii U (The donated one in fact) ?

The nighlies are going to remain mainly untouched for a while i think, or at least until those DSI Exception errors get solved (I guess compatibility is the main priority for the libretro team)

I mean, the Wii U version hasn't even been announced on the libretro blog, it's obvious that this version is below the team's standards

By now, we have motherfucking Street Fighter 3 on Wii U. For a pre-Alpha that's is outstanding.

Top that off with the fact many cores already run full speed. with audio and little to no performance issues; CPS2 ran perfectly, but yes I agree, good things come to those who wait, things are awesome with the scene now :D

Reactions: KiiWii and Osakasan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge