Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest deleting the retroarch folder you have on your sd card on the root. Then try again.

I didn't have to do that, since it shouldn't conflict with it, he should at least back it up on his PC first. That being said, the Wiiu/apps/ etc hierarchy might need to be rearranged.

Edit: But yeah, try that though, deleting the old config.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What issues are you having?

The WAD (for Doom) or id1 (for Quake) folders can be anywhere, load the .wad or .pak files as if they were roms. Make sure the have prboom.wad from the prboom project too.
Well I did try to load doom.wad, and it sort of loaded but goes back to the RA menu.
Do I have to do something in particular with prboom.wad?

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
you can't right now, and yes, it's an eye sore, but those ports are still early in dev, what can you do.

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
The gamepad is unusually good for SFIII Third Strike

Sorry, had to say it.

This is utterly good. The wait for the PSOne core is going to be looooong, but it will worth it.

14937214_711111675732611_6191147109201725631_n.jpg

Last edited by Osakasan,

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Getting ready to test today's buildings.

Now, a question/request for the long term: Would it be possible to add Wiimote support to tyrquake? The Homebrew port of the game for Wii feels really good using the wiimote.

Not that it really matters anyway. First things first of course.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Getting ready to test today's buildings.

Now, a question/request for the long term: Would it be possible to add Wiimote support to tyrquake? The Homebrew port of the game for Wii feels really good using the wiimote.

Not that it really matters anyway. First things first of course.
I managed to get it working yesterday, but had some issues with tyrquake's controls.
I ended up changing them from the RetroArch's menu instead of in-game, I only switched the Look Up/Down controls because they were inverted (and the in game mouse invert doesn't work).

However, the problem is that whenever I try to look up and move or something, the view goes back to neutral/front position instead of waiting for my next input.
Did you experience that by any chance too?

I have still yet to get prboom working, but I think I have an idea why it wasn't working thanks to @sj33's proposal of putting prboom.wad in the same directory, I think I didn't have it.
Next up after that will be setting up Rondo of Blood translated for the PC Engine

Last edited by ShadowOne333,
Reactions: Osakasan

xtreemsurf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FBAlpha CPS3 core.
Thanks! Would SFIII be a special rom set made for that emulator core? I have a MAME collection, but I'm not familiar with FBAlpha CPS3. I'll need to do some more research on this.

Edit: I just did a quick search on this and am finding that there are ROM collections that have overlapping games in MAME and FBAlpha CPS3 formats. An example is The Simpsons arcade game. I'm finding it in both formats/sections... Are they actually in different formats? Just trying to better understand the differences here.

Last edited by xtreemsurf,

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, i'm testing a bit over here. I noticed a few things:

- Tyrquake default control layout is weird as fuck

- Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 chugs on the Midway core (it stopped for a solid second a few times

- Neo Geo core refuses to load Metal Slug X, Wind Jammers and Magical Drop 2. SNK vs CAPCOM Chaos loads A-OK

So far there's nothing else i noticed that isn't noted here

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, i'm testing a bit over here. I noticed a few things:

- Tyrquake default control layout is weird as fuck

- Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 chugs on the Midway core (it stopped for a solid second a few times

- Neo Geo core refuses to load Metal Slug X, Wind Jammers and Magical Drop 2. SNK vs CAPCOM Chaos loads A-OK

So far there's nothing else i noticed that isn't noted here
Confirming that problem too. :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work