Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Is there any possible way to replicate this on the Wii U version? As of now I have a forwarder that leads to Retroarch from the Wii U menu but it would be more preferable to have something of this manner to have Sega Genesis games, Playstation (When it runs better) etc. on the Wii U menu and look like another virtual console game.

lol no.
Virtual Consoles only exist when Ninty releases them for each system (at least one game) for the Wii U.
And that should answer your other question as Ninty is far away from releasing a PSX VC game for the Wii U. :D

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lol no.
Virtual Consoles only exist when Ninty releases them for each system (at least one game) for the Wii U.
And that should answer your other question as Ninty is far away from releasing a PSX VC game for the Wii U. :D
He wasn't asking that. On Wii you can create a forwarder to a particular rom, and run it from the system menu, via Retroarch, LIKE it were a VC game.

But the answer's still no I'm afraid Chalkballz! I did enjoy typing your username down though :lol:

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
He wasn't asking that. On Wii you can create a forwarder to a particular rom, and run it from the system menu, via Retroarch, LIKE it were a VC game.

But the answer's still no I'm afraid Chalkballz! I did enjoy typing your username down though :lol:
Ah my bad. That would require RetroArch (for Wii U) to accept arguments/parameters.

iLL wiLL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question how do you use cheat codes what retroarch. I want to use them for NES and SNES problem is I don't know where to put the cheek.zip file or I unzipped it and I see all the games I've tried multiple different options and I cannot get it to work I gotten it to where it recognized it in the menu after I load the game but it was just the one file for that game .CHT file but when I go to turn on the cheat for the game it doesn't do nothing. can somebody please help me figure out how to set up the cheats because I would love to use a lot of my cool game Genie codes for like Mario Brothers and stuff I don't want to have to use my emulator on my computer or cell phone thanks much appreciated.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How do you use the game Genie codes with retro arch I don't know what folder to put in I tried downloading through retro arch I just can't figure out where to put the cheat file for how to get the cheats working I've tried everything can somebody please help me thank you

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
To the guy was having DSI exceptions with some cores.
Have you tried deleting the .cfg file inside the /retroarch/ folder?

Changing versions of Retroarch requires you to delete this file(s) or else you will have that kind of problems.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Changing versions of Retroarch requires you to delete this file(s) or else you will have that kind of problems.

I've been getting them more than I like with 1.5.0 when changing cores (I should just use individual core apps instead), I haven't even bothered upgrading to 1.6.0

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yea i have tried to delete the retroarch.cfg about a thousand times. I seem to get the dsi error when using playlists created by the playlist buddy if i let retroarch create my playlist then no dsi error the problem is when retroarch creates the playlist not all of my roms show up probably because the md5 whatever hashes dont match.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea i have tried to delete the retroarch.cfg about a thousand times. I seem to get the dsi error when using playlists created by the playlist buddy if i let retroarch create my playlist then no dsi error the problem is when retroarch creates the playlist not all of my roms show up probably because the md5 whatever hashes dont match.

What version are you using? 1.5.0? 1.6.0?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess i will try 1.5.0 but i think i had the same problem on that version.

Oh...then I don't know what to suggest. Sorry. I'd report the issue on GitHub, but it's not worth it, I tried to do that a couple of times and turned out the issue couldn't be replicated by the developers. I wouldn't bother reporting the issue, but don't let what I say stop you if you want to.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been getting them more than I like with 1.5.0 when changing cores (I should just use individual core apps instead), I haven't even bothered upgrading to 1.6.0
As I have said several times in the past I had loads of dsi errors on 1.5 been using 1.6 since the day it came out probably for about 2 to 3 hours each day and not 1 dsi error.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I have said several times in the past I had loads of dsi errors on 1.5 been using 1.6 since the day it came out probably for about 2 to 3 hours each day and not 1 dsi error.

But that's just it, up until a few days ago, 1.5.0 has been perfect for me. Reporting DSI errors on GitHub is a waste of time.

Ponyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you use the Genesis Plus GX core? That's the only one that gives me dsi errors either when switching to that core or trying to play rom with that core on startup

september796

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I was getting errors with the mame core... well I deleted every core and retroarch app I had in my sd card (except my saves and config files) and then I installed the rpx version from the appstore. I believe they are version 1.6.0 and now for the most part it works fine, not every mame rom of course but some of them runs pretty good.

Do you use the Genesis Plus GX core? That's the only one that gives me dsi errors either when switching to that core or trying to play rom with that core on startup

first remove all the cores in sd:/retroarch/cores and the genesis related folder in sd:/wiiu/apps (backup first in any case) then try downloading genesis plus gx from the app store homebrew and while running (only if necessary) try downloading the genesis core within the application. idk but that worked for me..

AlanLC

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How to change only the Nestopia and SNES9x Cores in 8: 7 or 1:1 ?
If I change the Vídeo Settings to 8: 7 or 1:1 all Cores are 8: 7 or 1:1, I want FBA and MAME to be 4: 3

Recent Night Build

TLPD-AVW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
first remove all the cores in sd:/retroarch/cores and the genesis related folder in sd:/wiiu/apps (backup first in any case) then try downloading genesis plus gx from the app store homebrew and while running (only if necessary) try downloading the genesis core within the application. idk but that worked for me..

THANKS!!! I downloaded Genesis Plus GX .rpx core from libretro buildbot and put it in the empty cores folder (I had issues with built-in downloader). The core launches successfully again! While I have to wait for about five seconds between games due to core reloading, it's much better than having a console without blast processing.

Last edited by TLPD-AVW,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro