Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a problem with building it ourselves in the meantime?

I don't think so, if people have it set up to do so. I believe they were using someone's host, they're gonna find another way to do it automatically.

Was there even any WiiU commit lately? I don't see what's the point to get newest builds if nothing has changed.

Just letting people know, mostly, but even if there was, most people wouldn't be able to use it, no, there hasn't been one. Not sure why :unsure::O There's no rush for them to get it up and running since nothing's been added to the commit Wii U-related in nearly three weeks.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Jojse

Trophies
XP
Country
I made a misstake and deleted all the cores I downloaded last weekend, and when I go to download newer cores at libretro.com there is nothing to download? Just *.rpx and wiiu.a..... Where is the elf-files?
How does *rpx-files work? How do I start it? Same with wiiu.a-files.......

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I made a misstake and deleted all the cores I downloaded last weekend, and when I go to download newer cores at libretro.com there is nothing to download? Just *.rpx and wiiu.a..... Where is the elf-files?
do you have the homebrew app store as all the retroarch elf files are on it.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
*.a files are for recompilation purposes, you don't need them as end user.

MaitreLLD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Guys this is incredible. Thanks so much for that, I've just been playing some Neo Geo, it works super smooth !
Can't wait for USB controls !

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried the newest mgba from the homebrew appstore? When I try launching a game it says no cores found?

Try another build of it maybe? I had the same issue with Snes9x from 12-14-16, and it just froze. I can upload the builds that work for me until the recent build is fixed.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone tried the newest mgba from the homebrew appstore? When I try launching a game it says no cores found?
I downloaded the latest nightly from the buildbot and every emulator now says no cores found so there must be some kind of error with the latest versions of retroarch.

Reactions: MrKatanaObiWan

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the latest nightly from the buildbot and every emulator now says no cores found so there must be some kind of error with the latest versions of retroarch.

Yup, I brought it up on the Libretro forums, something is indeed screwy with the recent builds, but then again, there haven't been any changes on Wii U side in three and a half weeks; best to stick with the builds that work till it's resolved.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yup, I brought it up on the Libretro forums, something is indeed screwy with the recent builds, but then again, there haven't been any changes on Wii U side in three and a half weeks; best to stick with the builds that work till it's resolved.
Yep stupidly I did not have a backup of the last working versions before updating but I eventually got them all back working again lol lesson learnt to backup the working versions in the future.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep stupidly I did not have a backup of the last working versions before updating but ieventually got them all back working again lol lesson learnt to backup the working versions in the future.

Yeah, it happens to the best of us, I make backups of the cores I use the most, do you think we should report this on GitHub or let it be?

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, it happens to the best of us, I make backups of the cores I use the most, do you think we should report this on GitHub or let it be?
I don't see any harm in reporting the issue I'm sure they would prefer to know than not know lol I wonder if they broke something trying to fix the slow load times of the rom list if you have loads of roms. Had to trim my snes roms down to about 40 games as any more were taking about 15 seconds to load the list

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol