Homebrew [RetroArch] Nightly builds here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krusiv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ROMs can be anywhere. The saves have to be in a specific folder.
Two things I noticed:
1. Getting an error when closing Retroarch "
cannot push NULL or empty core info into the playlist."
2. quickNES saves are .srm whereas PC emulator saves are .sav. Still though, when I tried putting the .sav on the SD it still didn't work.

This is really weird. :/ I have the save files in the savefiles folder and haven't tampered with the settings.

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two things I noticed:
1. Getting an error when closing Retroarch "
cannot push NULL or empty core info into the playlist."
2. quickNES saves are .srm whereas PC emulator saves are .sav. Still though, when I tried putting the .sav on the SD it still didn't work.

This is really weird. :/ I have the save files in the savefiles folder and haven't tampered with the settings.

Dude the save file probably just isn't compatible. Those errors always show up. Ignore them. You have to press start after you hit close. It says it right on the touchscreen.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
@aliaspider Would it be possible to get dynarec access from the 3dsx version of the emulators like Gpsp and Psx rearmed on 3ds users that are on versions 9.2 or lower? I bealive it was done on other emulators using Ninjhax 1.1 but with all the updated adaptations to make ninjhax 1.1 stuff work on the newer haxs since the release of brahma 2 I can assume it's possible. If it is it would be awesome! Thanks again for all your work and thanks too @Radius4 and all the libretro team!.

Krusiv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude the save file probably just isn't compatible. Those errors always show up. Ignore them. You have to press start after you hit close. It says it right on the touchscreen.
Yes I can read, I press start to exit Retroarch and it takes me back to the homebrew channel. I'm just providing all of the info I can in hopes that someone can help. If I knew what was wrong then I would certainly tell you.

aliaspider

Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
yes possible, the gpsp dynarec at least did work in earlier builds with ninjhax1 but something broke it and I'm still investigating. check the gpsp 3dsx from the first nighlies.

Reactions: JJTapia19

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes possible, the gpsp dynarec at least did work in earlier builds with ninjhax1 but something broke it and I'm still investigating. check the gpsp 3dsx from the first nighlies.
Did you look into gspwn for dynarec on newer firmwares? You might be able to reduce wasted cycles by closing the thread it's running on and starting a new one.

Reactions: dakotaaesoph

Ferrox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Picodrive 3dsx runs near full speed on o3ds, unfortunately it doesn't seem to have 1:1 pixel mapping.

I also tried Ridge Racer in PCSX just for the heck of it and it works at 6fps.

aliaspider

Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
you did rename your .sav file to .srm right ?
if that didn't help, then that just means that the save file format is different.

Last edited by aliaspider,

Ninoh-FOX

Otaku Gamer!!
Trophies
Website
colorslive.com
XP
Country
Spain
Picodrive 3dsx runs near full speed on o3ds, unfortunately it doesn't seem to have 1:1 pixel mapping.

I also tried Ridge Racer in PCSX just for the heck of it and it works at 6fps.
You can config 1:1 pxl map in config>video>aspect ration index (i have custom + auto aspect ration off + force aspect ration on for fullscreen in alls cores)

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I just tried both the SVP and 32X using the latest build of Picodrive.

Virtual Racing does indeed run at full speed! Very impressed and put a smile on my face!

Less luck with the 32X - Virtual Racing Deluxe ran at around 40fps on the intro (not bad) before crashing. I loaded the game again and it crashed again! I guess the dynarec is unstable. I'll test more games when I get home from work.

Using an N3DS with dynarec support (8.1 SysNAND, 9.5 EmuNAND), .cia versions.

Last edited by sj33,

aliaspider

Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
yeah I didn't expect 32X to be fullspeed, I was just curious about how it would perform. 15-20 fps on o3DS.

It is crash prone at the moment :/
don't even try loading a 32X game with the 3dsx version, it is a guaranteed crash.

Last edited by aliaspider,

Krusiv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you did rename your .sav file to .srm right ?
if that didn't help, then that just means that the save file format is different.
Yeah I did that. Unfortunately quickNES didn't load up that save either and it doesn't load/detect its self-made saves.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
yeah I didn't expect 32X to be fullspeed, I was just curious about how it would perform. 15-20 fps on o3DS.

It is crash prone at the moment :/
don't even try loading a 32X game with the 3dsx version, it is a guaranteed crash.

The 32X was a bit of a beast for the time. 2x SH-2 processors at 23MHz I believe. The Saturn is pretty similar - 2x SH-2 processors at 29MHz. Dual processors is going to kill emulation speed. I'm impressed with 40fps.

Reactions: SLiV3R

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Yeah I did that. Unfortunately quickNES didn't load up that save either and it doesn't load/detect its self-made saves.

I tried quicknes saves in nestopia libretro and fceumm libretro and they work just fine (on PC), but the same should apply everywhere. Are you sure you have set a save dir?

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I believe the saves should go to sd:/retroarch/savefiles/XXXX(corename).
If you have setup the settings right. Why not try to save your game on 3ds,
and Check your SD card to see where the savegame goes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: There is a panda in chat.