Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

VincentBeasley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Ive been out of the Vita RA loop for a while. Whats the current state of RA at the moment? Any stand out issues in the last few Nightly Builds? How are Overlays, save states and over all performance? (PSTV working?)

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I second the above. I'm coming back to the Vita after a 2 month hiatus with the Switch and I have no idea if I should update Retroarch. I appear to be on some 1.4.0-based nightly. Previous posts suggest that 1.4.1 stable is the way to go?

I understand that Vita builds will continue to be unstable as it is not a 'mainline' format, but we should try to make it clear to people which builds are recommended until anything changes.

Reactions: MKKhanzo

ROBRSG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I second the above. I'm coming back to the Vita after a 2 month hiatus with the Switch and I have no idea if I should update Retroarch. I appear to be on some 1.4.0-based nightly. Previous posts suggest that 1.4.1 stable is the way to go?

I understand that Vita builds will continue to be unstable as it is not a 'mainline' format, but we should try to make it clear to people which builds are recommended until anything changes.

From my experience, builds from mid November 2016 are the way to go. The new builds are introducing annoying problems that weren't a thing back in the day.

Reactions: cvskid

zomgugoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might want to check out 1.3.3 and 1.3.6. Try google.

I only use separate cores.

Yeah... No one bothered to mirror the nightlies and the 1.3.3-1.3.6 stable builds are only in .velf files. The first stable version in .vpk format was 1.4.0. If anyone has older nightlies, it would be cool if they could put them up on Mega or somewhere.

Zukov

Dinosaur
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I think the problems are ocurring in VitaTV, cuz for the handheld, I update constantly and never got a problem that doesn't get fix in a couple of days.
My suggestion is to run the last nightly, mainly cuz the last known fix (that frangar report) was something with the loading time from RA, and the results are quite obvious to me. Specially on MAME and with the save states.

I have to say that, to me, the Vita is used cuz RA, in a clear first place, then Adrenaline, and later for it's own catalogue.

Also, I just finished Yoshi's Island on Snesx9 2005 and didn't see any problem since november or so (a little bit of vertical desync in some red arrows that are all extinct now). I played it very slowly, every now and then with the saves states, and never got a problem. So I have to say, SNESx9 2005 is the way to go. Obviously the map part ain't perfect, but whatever.

Last edited by Zukov,

FlexingTiger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by FlexingTiger,

rez78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Someone have tried latest nightly from 18/04 to 25/04 ? I've tried,but audio don't work in that nightly! Any solutions? Thanks

MKKhanzo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I used to launch eboot.pbp files with the pcsx core now I updated to stable 1.4.1 and it doesnt even see the files. Any help? (Vit slim)

EDIT: Nvm just made a folder with the eboots on the memory root.

Last edited by MKKhanzo,
Reactions: cvskid
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi

I want to address the pstv problems. Can someone install this vpk and tell me if loading a game fails? It it fails share the coredump created in ux0:/data

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j5l3ric34kyvgc0/handy_libretro.vpk?dl=0 <---- Handy libretro (Atari lynx)

Thanks

Loading a game works (however there was no sound). If I then choose 'close content' and load another ROM, it crashes every time.
I'm using the zip files from a no-intro ROMset and the 'load archive' option.

https://mega.nz/#F!xtdUALJb!a0SpUy18W7ndIBWbrg0T_w

Reactions: Zukov

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1