Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
standalone in version 1.36 work great for me the only problem is that in my case I'm using a ps3 controller and the buttons L2, R2, L3 and R3 are not recognized
Im using also a PS3 controller, damn, i was going to download 1.36, but knowing that those buttons are not recognized, its not much of a help, if i want to play ps1 games lol.

ma16v3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could it be a plugin with the all* on?

At last check, circa the release of netcheck_bypass, *ALL is not functioning properly and causes all system apps to stall on launch. It requires a clean install of HENkaku to restore. If he is using *ALL, he probably isn't launching many applications.

Last edited by ma16v3,

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At last check, circa the release of netcheck_bypass, *ALL is not functioning properly and causes all system apps to stall on launch. It requires a clean install of HENkaku to restore. If he is using *ALL, he probably isn't launching many applications.
I can launch the individual cores without issues, the problem its loading the content, they do not load, even with a clean henkaku install.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
each core can be loaded, but content cant be loaded:

Fceumm / Nestopia ->.nes
Snes9x2002/2005/2010 -> .snes.
GenPlus/Picodrive -> .bin
PCSX ReArmed -> .bin

All of these run fine on AllInOne vpk, but individual cores dont work, notice that this occurs on the PSTV, not a vita, it seems that this its a known bug so far.

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country
You may find mixing individual cores and standalone version a problem.
I'm guessing you tried the standalone first.
If you want to run the individuals then uninstall all.
Delete the retroarch folder and install the individuals.

Snes should be smc,srm

Last edited by Kerbangman,
Reactions: Deleted User

Imhullu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have there been any notable improvements in GBA emulation? I'd like to run the likes of Astro Boy and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories at full speed.

ROBRSG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can use gpsp on PSP adrenaline this is the best way actually

This is correct.

I can't understand why people keep recomending mGBA and VBA Next over GPSP on Adrenaline. These emulators are not mature enough to provide smooth gameplay on Vita, and people keep refering to them as better solutions. Go figure.

Reactions: MKKhanzo and cvskid

ma16v3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the current state of RetroArch on PSTV? Last build I have had working was the 01-18 build and that is the AIO. All later builds crash when loading content.

Imhullu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use gpsp on PSP adrenaline this is the best way actually

Appreciate it. Astro Boy is running perfectly on gPSP, thank goodness. I think it's the only emulator that'll run it at pretty much full speed as of now.

This is correct.

I can't understand why people keep recomending mGBA and VBA Next over GPSP on Adrenaline. These emulators are not mature enough to provide smooth gameplay on Vita, and people keep refering to them as better solutions. Go figure.

mGBA definitely works better for some games and is still being developed and updated at a decent rate. Chain of Memories is unplayable on gPSP, but mGBA is running it. Might test out FFVI later.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Appreciate it. Astro Boy is running perfectly on gPSP, thank goodness. I think it's the only emulator that'll run it at pretty much full speed as of now.

mGBA definitely works better for some games and is still being developed and updated at a decent rate. Chain of Memories is unplayable on gPSP, but mGBA is running it. Might test out FFVI later.
Chain of memories is pkayable with a savestate made during the intro video. You can find it online.

Simando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if the all in one is available on the vita homebrew browser? I ask because I thought it was, downloaded it, but it appears to only be the 2048 core (which I have now spent an hour playing rather than doing work).

Reactions: MKKhanzo

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
discovered a way to get past ps1 freeze when exiting or suspending retroarch..

quickmenu-diskcontrol-diskimageappend-reloaddisc

also for anybody that can't save config on PSTV
-change config the way you want
-then go to configurations in main menu
-then save new confiq and exit retroarch
-use vitashell go to uxo/data/retroarch
-delete retroarch.cfg there
-go into config folder move the confiq you saved before in retroarch into the main path were the retroarch.cfg you just deleted was
-rename the new config retroarch.cfg

enjoy

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What's the current state of RetroArch on PSTV? Last build I have had working was the 01-18 build and that is the AIO. All later builds crash when loading content.
use stable 1.4.1

Last edited by Bonestorm,
Reactions: MKKhanzo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr