Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

MMASCC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try changing the escape button combo to L R Down Y

The start select version may be reseting the snes core
Thanks for the reply.

Nvm i got it to work..
Thanks ill see if this fixes it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That did it, youre the best kerbangman!!!!

Last edited by MMASCC,

MMASCC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the DS emulator not work very well?

Games seem to just black screen without playing.

But so far got all of the following working with no issues: Snes, Genesis, GBA

Zukov

Dinosaur
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I tried to make save state and load on the screen but it never worked ;/
Don't know about that. Don't care about that.

About the Menu input. Really, It's all in the options.
Input: L2 and R2
Touchscreen: front one.
Save the configuration and enjoy. It's like this homebrew was made for the Vita.

Does the DS emulator not work very well?

Games seem to just black screen without playing.

But so far got all of the following working with no issues: Snes, Genesis, GBA
No, it's not working.
Please, read the first page and use the search button on this thread.

Reactions: MMASCC

MMASCC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know about that. Don't care about that.

About the Menu input. Really, It's all in the options.
Input: L2 and R2
Touchscreen: front one.
Save the configuration and enjoy. It's like this homebrew was made for the Vita.

No, it's not working.
Please, read the first page and use the search button on this thread.

I definitely read first page dont see anything about it not working there.

And I searched DS but literally thousands come up in this thread because of peoples signatures and 3ds being everywhere.

Its just not working at all for any games? And do you know if it is being worked on? Or is it like PSP where it's just not possible due to having one touchscreen or something?

Thank you for reply.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I definitely read first page dont see anything about it not working there.

And I searched DS but literally thousands come up in this thread because of peoples signatures and 3ds being everywhere.

Its just not working at all for any games? And do you know if it is being worked on? Or is it like PSP where it's just not possible due to having one touchscreen or something?

Thank you for reply.
AHh no bro don't work bro use android...

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so i downloaded the latest stable version, which is 1.5.1 and installed a few of the .vpk's instead of the full version of retroarch, however, each time i open an emulator, let say, snes9x2005, when i press on Load Content, the application crash.

Several of the emulators do this, then i installed the GBA emulator, and this done does not crahs, but as directory, it just show me the "/" directory, but no files.

Needless to say, im using a PSTV and installed the VPK via USB mounted as usx0:.

Is there something i need to do to let me browse for games o-oU, or something im missing? O:

Megagamercr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am having the same problem each core crashes. The version 1.4.1 worked very good but changes in menus or input couldnot be saved so why do we go one step forward and two backwards?? I really appreciate the effort of these people but god every single build fixes something but messes up another :(

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country
I am having the same problem each core crashes. The version 1.4.1 worked very good but changes in menus or input couldnot be saved so why do we go one step forward and two backwards?? I really appreciate the effort of these people but god every single build fixes something but messes up another :(

It's not the Vita guy's fault.
They are trying to keep up with the rest of Retroarch dev.

AlternativeZero

Trophies
XP
Country
Try stable v1.5.0, the configs are fixed in that version.

Someone should test the nightly build to see if it still works or has regressed.

D

Deleted User

Guys you must be very unlucky or I am very lucky because I install the nightly randomly (time to time, maybe once a week) and it work with no problems since a long time. It look almost perfect to me. And even when a build is broken, often in a couple of hours the issue is fixed (when the build is broken by a commit for example) and then you can download it as soon as the built system package it.

Reactions: Zukov

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys you must be very unlucky or I am very lucky because I install the nightly randomly (time to time, maybe once a week) and it work with no problems since a long time. It look almost perfect to me. And even when a build is broken, often in a couple of hours the issue is fixed (when the build is broken by a commit for example) and then you can download it as soon as the built system package it.

I'm like you and have been lucky and things have worked OK.

I get the odd crash now and then but thats just part of updating often.

Looking forward to a possible N64 core :)

Reactions: Pandaxclone2

Megagamercr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try stable v1.5.0, the configs are fixed in that version.

Someone should test the nightly build to see if it still works or has regressed.
I tried that version as well and it crashes so its like the options that you have are choosing older builds and learn to live with the bugs. I tried version 1.40 all in one and worked for me. I still cant save configurations but at least it doesn't crash every single time

AlternativeZero

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried that version as well and it crashes so its like the options that you have are choosing older builds and learn to live with the bugs. I tried version 1.40 all in one and worked for me. I still cant save configurations but at least it doesn't crash every single time
Try a clean install because there might be issues if you just install it over your old RetroArch data.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All Stand Alone vps from retroarch crashes for me, the only one that does the job its the All In One Stable 1.4.1 vpk, it works perfectly, but, i would love to have emulators separated on the live area.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: For real for real