Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

zwq939681378

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I'm using B9s+luma 8.1.1,and:
psx-rearmed is still crashing on 1.6.7:(
fb-alpha 2012 is still crashing on 1.6.7:(
fb-alpha neogeo is still crashing on 1.6.7:(
fb-alpha cps1 is still crashing on 1.6.7:(
fb-alpha cps2 is still crashing on 1.6.7:(
I just want to play some old games in my 3ds.I was very happy when I found the Retroaech for the fitst time.I even bought a New3ds for it's better working,but now I try the latest version every time and it crashes every time.:(

Greymane

Lurking gbatemp pony
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just want to play some old games in my 3ds.I was very happy when I found the Retroaech for the fitst time.I even bought a New3ds for it's better working,but now I try the latest version every time and it crashes every time.:(
At this time its better to use older builds.
Until someone starts working on the 3ds versions again.

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pcsx-rearmed is known to crash on the latest builds. Also, some cores don't work on o3DS.

gunghir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Hey guys just bought a new 3ds (small model) next to my other xl model with the only reason to emulate snes genesis neogeo turboGF nes master system as faithfull as possible in 240p
I own all of the og consoles with the games but i like to take modernize my collection on the go.

The console is brand new and hopefully on a low firmware option. Any pointers?
Thanks!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys just bought a new 3ds (small model) next to my other xl model with the only reason to emulate snes genesis neogeo turboGF nes master system as faithfull as possible in 240p
I own all of the og consoles with the games but i like to take modernize my collection on the go.

The console is brand new and hopefully on a low firmware option. Any pointers?
Thanks!
What is the firmware of your N3DS?

gunghir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
What is the firmware of your N3DS?

hey thanks for the fast reply man!
i am still waiting for my new 3ds black but i thinks its supposed to be
ranging from 9.0 to 10.3

I hacked my new 3ds xl ages ago but i wanted to have the newest update for the shop etc. I use the emulation for a while and i loved it tho.

xianx_mf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

I'm on a n3ds running A9LH w/Luma 7.x, I'm also the guy who fixed the vertical orientation mirroring bug as well as the performance regression on the recent RA 3ds versions.

As of 1.6.6, the fbalpha2012 cores work great on my device (I don't expect 1.6.7 to introduce any crashes on my end, either, as it changed very little). I've heard from other devs that recent luma versions under B9S are unstable, which is why I haven't upgraded to B9S/8.x. In fact, I've never had the fba2012 core crash on me, and that's easily the core I use the most.

Do any cores work for you at all? are you using the CIA or the 3dsx version?

Also, on a separate note, to all the complainers about there being no 3ds devs on the retroarch team: get off your lazy asses, have a look at the 3ds codebase, and get hacking. If you can't do that, or even properly file bug reports, you may keep complaining, but I'll keep ignoring you as leechers. ;)

xianx_mf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@ gunghir I get fullspeed on the following cores:

- nestopia
- fceumm
- fba2012 (some games are not fullspeed, but cps1&2 as well as neogeo are)
- picodrive
- mednafen_pce_fast (i've had a tad of slowdown during the voice samples on Chase H.Q. but everything else is fullspeed, try devil's crush)

snes seems to work best with nintendo's emulator using injections, and the same goes for gba

gunghir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
@ gunghir I get fullspeed on the following cores:

- nestopia
- fceumm
- fba2012 (some games are not fullspeed, but cps1&2 as well as neogeo are)
- picodrive
- mednafen_pce_fast (i've had a tad of slowdown during the voice samples on Chase H.Q. but everything else is fullspeed, try devil's crush)

snes seems to work best with nintendo's emulator using injections, and the same goes for gba

thats nes snes gba genesis gf16. I read some more about injections .. is it possible to just mass inject rom lists ?

xianx_mf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
it's perhaps possible, but it's also possible to find some pre-injected stuff around and mass d/l that instead of rolling your own

p.s. if you like Marvel vs Capcom, be sure to give it a try on the fba2012 core, it runs superbly

gunghir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
it's perhaps possible, but it's also possible to find some pre-injected stuff around and mass d/l that instead of rolling your own

p.s. if you like Marvel vs Capcom, be sure to give it a try on the fba2012 core, it runs superbly
dude no way XD amazing that is like one of my favs

xianx_mf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@gunghir I just thought to say MvsC because I love it, but arcade games from the 90s in general run pretty great on the fba2012 core (except for konami games).

Pretty much all of the capcom and neogeo games are fair game, also many games by Cave. Metal Slug, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Dodonpachi play fullspeed. Be sure to get the right romset! It's something like v0.2.97.29 or so.

gunghir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
@gunghir I just thought to say MvsC because I love it, but arcade games from the 90s in general run pretty great on the fba2012 core (except for konami games).

Pretty much all of the capcom and neogeo games are fair game, also many games by Cave. Metal Slug, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Dodonpachi play fullspeed. Be sure to get the right romset! It's something like v0.2.97.29 or so.
dude thank you so much thanks for being in this forum ! This is the reason i join stuff like this. You mind telling me what to do ! I could help you with other stuff like real arcade simulation! Pc ipac etc

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
which version is the best at this time (especially for dosbox) ? should I install the new version 1.6.7 or is one of the older ones better for now ?

xianx_mf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I thank you for your work, but please don't spread this falsehood, it is no longer true.

I'm glad you comment on the point. I'll be happy to update if I have a guarantee that the current cia format releases/nightlies work appropriately in the newest luma.

Can you confirm if this is the case?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

dude thank you so much thanks for being in this forum ! This is the reason i join stuff like this. You mind telling me what to do ! I could help you with other stuff like real arcade simulation! Pc ipac etc

It's very easy to get cps2 games working, you want to look for a website in french that has a name kind of like video-GAME elec-TRONIK or smth. They have a romset that mostly works with fba2012. Just d/l what you want to play and send it to your 3ds using FTP or by taking the sd card out and putting it there directly from the pc.

At that point, just open the fba2012 application from the system (let me know if you need help installing or anything), select the 'open content' option, navigate to the rom, and that's about it. For neo-geo games you need to make sure the bios file is in place, I think that french site has it, too.

SaffronXL

The Grand Galactic Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I stick to 3dsx builds (the best part of Luma 8 :D), but I'd be shocked if Luma caused any problems with the RA CIAs.

I caved and upgraded to 1.6.7, so far I've been glad I did. FBA Neo Geo has a bit better performance, and TurboGrafx has fixed some weird graphic issues. It's too early to say if it should be the new favored version, but so far it's looking good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ