Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Slasher115, Oct 26, 2015.

1. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    just wondering has there been any speed improvement on sega 32x "3d" games on picodrive? i remenber playing starwars arcade very slowly.

Also jsut for a random question what is the psx emu speed average?

2. Doczu

Doczu Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2015
    Poland
    Average goes from around 40 to (almost) 60 fps.

3. TimX24968B

TimX24968B "That guy"

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    is that on O3ds or N3ds? psx on o3ds last time i checked was 20-40fps.

4. Doczu

Doczu Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2015
    Poland
    n3DS, can't tell how it's working on the OG model.

5. UltraHurricane

UltraHurricane GBAtemp Regular

Feb 18, 2013
    United States
    can anyone get me a link to the 4/04 nightly? i tried to use the recent ones but they all throw me an error message and kick me back to home despite a clean install

6. Greymane

Greymane Lurking gbatemp pony

Jul 7, 2015
    Netherlands
    In your closet, watching you clop
    UltraHurricane likes this.
  7. TimX24968B

TimX24968B "That guy"

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
  8. Elysium420

Elysium420 Shitposting bastard

Feb 10, 2016
    Greece
    Shitville
    Unfortunate to see that Final Fantasy IX can run 60 fps(not cutscenes) on N3DS, but the sound is still bad. I may have to wait, I guess.

9. ShelterScratch

ShelterScratch Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2017
    Italy

Hello, what if I'm trying to install the .cia versions of emulators and not the .3dsx?
    I am trying using Mame2003 and FB Alpha 2012 to run Metal Slug 3 on LUMA N3DS but failing on both (it tells me some buffer erorr) thing. I tried putting neogeo.zip on the same folder as the ROMs ones and Retroarch/cores/system

I tried looking around/googling but found no solution at all. Can you please help me?

10. Plstic

Plstic Guru Meditation Error

Apr 21, 2010
    United States
    Milwaukee WI
    So I'm confused. Do I have to install all the CIAs or do I just have to install the launcher CIA? I've only used retro arch on PC.

11. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Install whatever CIA you want to use.

12. KitsuneNoMeiji

KitsuneNoMeiji Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2017
    United States
    Not sure how to put it into words, but anyone else getting "graphical twitching" near the top of emulated roms using gpSP? Is this a common occurrence with no real solution, or is this a fixable problem... because it is incredibly distracting. Also, how do I clear the list of scanned roms? I'm running into a bit of an issue where there are some roms not listed in the gpSP list that I would like to add. However, when I try scanning my directory for roms, it crashes. So, my only assumption is that it is crashing because it already has scan data. I want to clear the scanned directory data and re-scan.

Edit: It seems that uninstalling then reinstalling gpSP fixed the crash when I scan for new files in an already scanned directory... but if it is possible, I'd still love a solution for the "graphical twitching". The best way I can describe what it is more clearly is black, thin lines streaming across rapidly and in random locations near the top of the screen.

Edit2: It seems that scanning again doesn't show the roms that it wasn't showing before. I'm still missing games in my list...

Last edited by KitsuneNoMeiji, Apr 26, 2017
  13. Hopalongtom

Hopalongtom GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    The Final Burn one will work with the right romset, however it takes a LONG time to load it, and its a pain finding and toggling the blood setting.

14. UraKn0x

UraKn0x Official senpai

Mar 20, 2014
    France
    Can anyone help me? I messed up the pad config so I couldn't select any menu option, so I deleted the retroarch folder on my SD card and replaced it by the one provided in the archive, and now all the emulators crash when I try to launch them. I tried reinstalling the CIAs, updating them, nothing worked... I'm on N3DS 11.2 with A9LH Luma + the latest CIA nightly, though the crash also occurs on the stable release. Thanks in advance!

15. Charganium

Charganium Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2015
    United States
    Hey my dudes. I'm trying to play Serial Experiments Lain for PSX but the BGM isn't playing. All the sound effects and voice audio play though. Is there some setting I should change?

16. SlimPortable

SlimPortable GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2015
    United States
    Sounds like the game used CD audio sampling when it came out from how you're describing it. If RefroArch doesn't have support for it there's nothing you can do to get music playing. Twisted Metal suffers from this too in emulators that don't support it.

---
    Speaking of PS1 emulator, think we might get improvements with the N2DSXL sparking possible new interest in N3DS benefiting homebrew? Maybe place a bounty on it.

SLiV3R likes this.
  17. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    No BGM, you say? How fast does it run?
    I ask, because the MegaMan X5 and X6 ISOs I found (at "that ayla site") for use with RetroArch have no BGM and FMV (except the Capcom logo FMV is left in), and they run at full speed with frameskip set to 1.

18. TheWrathofRevan

TheWrathofRevan Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2017
    United States
    Sorry, guys, but it's n00b question time. I can't figure out how to configure controls for fMSX on my n3dsxl. Could someone please help me with this? Thanks in advance.

19. FateForWindows

FateForWindows GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    That's weird, I've had issues with the latest CIAs but not stable. Try the .3dsx version.

20. MollyChan

MollyChan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2016
    Canada
    Oh, I finally got CFW, which means I can start using CIAs for homebrew stuff
    I got the PSX emulator as a CIA, and it can run Mega Man 8 MOSTLY at full speed, though there are several spots where it does slow down a bit, and the audio playback is a bit.... odd
    I'm wondering, are there any options I can toggle to improve it in any way? I'm using new 3DS btw

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, that I'm also using the retroarch 1.3.6 version of the PSX emulator, as the latest one crashes my 3DS. Would using an even earlier version get me better preformance?

Last edited by MollyChan, Apr 30, 2017