Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Success (it seems). The patched roms (the straight refurb, the refurb with a key bug fix and another with a thin font applied on top) are installable as VC injected CIAs. To be honest I wasn't expecting that.

lincruste

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi,
Did anyone manage to get the PC Engine emulator to run at full speed on an Old 3DS ? I've tried an old build, the latest stable and the nightly builds but it's still slow.
I remember NitroGrafx from Flubba ran well on NDS, but he did not give the source code, only the binary which can't run on 3DS. His website is down so there is no way to ask him.

Reactions: SLiV3R

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm afraid the only reasonable option for PC Engine emulation on the O3DS is PC Engine VC Injection cias - but this method has low compatibility.

Nitrografx run via a flashcart can at least run more of the Hu Card library, so I'd probably stick with that.

alex61194

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm afraid the only reasonable option for PC Engine emulation on the O3DS is PC Engine VC Injection cias - but this method has low compatibility.

Nitrografx run via a flashcart can at least run more of the Hu Card library, so I'd probably stick with that.
and with psx games? i want to play metal gear in my new 3ds

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Regarding PSX emulation I think performance varies per game but full speed is probably out of the question. Some people tweak audio settings (even going so far as turning it off entirely) to eke out an extra couple of FPS but personally I don't bother with PSX emulation at all as the lack of full speed completely kills it (for me).

Reactions: SLiV3R

Sascha1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Have Good News with GPSP and dynarec issues and random crashes... by me with testing the settings from a previous post (aug 2016) from a guy...i can play pokemon emerald and co with no Crash :). Play over 20 Minutes Pokemon Emerald^^
I used stable build 1.3.3

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have Good News with GPSP and dynarec issues and random crashes... by me with testing the settings from a previous post (aug 2016) from a guy...i can play pokemon emerald and co with no Crash :). Play over 20 Minutes Pokemon Emerald^^
I used stable build 1.3.3

The crashing is entirely random. I've had sessions playing gpSP trying to see if it'll crash and it never crashes, then later when I play it not expecting a crash, that's when it'll crash.

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Honestly, I don't know how anyone can enjoy playing the gpsp core with dynarec enabled, never knowing if it'll crash or not at any given moment.

I found an old Retroarch pack (from about 14 months ago) but I haven't tested the gpsp core to see if it's any more stable than in the 1.3.3.

I didn't have CFW back then so would only have used the crash-free 3dsx version, but here it is if anyone's interested:

https://mega.nz/#!rwAFFZLK!oQw8BU8R1Sgvi8cIWBROm6mA5pfqDAiZEK2ySfBdTns

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As aliaspider said he couldn't reproduce the issue of gpsp dynarec because he doesn't own a N3DS I fear it is never going to be fixed. There doesn't seem anyone other than aliaspider working on the 3DS port of RetroArch...

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
The retroarch mission is kind of complete for the 3ds. I dont think we will see anymore huge stuff. Like stable gba, fullspeed ps1, Amiga, new cores, etc.

So enjoy what aliaspider gave us, there wont be so much more.

Last edited by SLiV3R,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have been out of the loop for awhile can new 3ds play 32x games fullspeed with picodrive? last time i tryed playing spiderman web of fire it ran at like half speed, does anyone know if it had any improvements?

coinblock

Trophies
XP
Country
I have been out of the loop for awhile can new 3ds play 32x games fullspeed with picodrive? last time i tryed playing spiderman web of fire it ran at like half speed, does anyone know if it had any improvements?

Haven't tried any 32X games, but it runs Sonic CD perfectly. Just make sure you have video filters disabled or the emulator will run really slowly.

The retroarch mission is kind of complete for the 3ds. I dont think we will see anymore huge stuff. Like stable gba, fullspeed ps1, Amiga, new cores, etc.

So enjoy what aliaspider gave us, there wont be so much more.

Retroarch 3DS is still a big mess as of the latest nightlies. gpSP is still unusable due to the crashing, Nestopia is completely broken, and gambatte's sound is bugged. The SNES, NeoGeo, Genesis, and the other NES emulators are working well at least, but it's a real shame that the devs just decided to disappear again.

Last edited by coinblock,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
2D games like Chaotix run great. 3D games run around 1/2 speed.

Doom bizarrely runs full speed.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
2D games like Chaotix run great. 3D games run around 1/2 speed.

Doom bizarrely runs full speed.
i tyred spider man web of fire wich is a 2d game and runs at 30 fps or less sadle, star wars arcade a full 3d game runs around 35-40 lol for some reason it runs at a higher fps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password