Resident Evil 0 Zero HD Remaster announced for early 2016

capcomlogo.jpg

Earlier today at an event in Japan, Capcom confirmed Resident Evil 0, a remastered version of the popular prequel to the original title in the Resident Evil series, is currently in development. The game is planned for release on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC in early 2016.
The announcement comes after the success of the Resident Evil HD Remaster released earlier this year.

Original Director Koji Oda and additional staff are returning for the development of this new remastered version. Capcom will be sharing more information on the upcoming release in the coming weeks but you can check out what Producer Tsukasa Takenaka and Director Koji Oda have to say about the project in the following video.

:arrow:Source: GBAtemp Inbox

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Another Capcom game I'll definitely skip. I wouldn't even trust them making a decent Megaman game. The lost the personnel for that job long ago.
This is why I'm curious how Mighty No. 9 will turn out. And if even that game won't cut it, we still got a few guys making very good fan games (i.e. Megaman X Street Fighter, Megaman Unlimited, Megapony...).

JFTS

Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
This is great news! I have completed the Resident Evil Remake many times, but Zero only once. It's about time I played it again.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh boy, I can't wait for the remaster of Resident Evil Gaiden that was released on the Gameboy Color ahahahaaha..... hmm.

goober

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is basically why I bought Resident Evil remake on PC so I could hope for this to happen and maybe, with great hope and desperation, see Code Veronica make its way to PC. Then I'd be ok with them remaking 2 and 3 just so long as it explicitly doesn't look like 4/5/6 Revelations 1/2 and more like the RE and 0 remakes, just with less brown.

Crappy polygons and textures versus semi-render-looking quality crappy polygons.... it's a no brainer to me so of course that means Capcom will mess it up.

And for everyone complaining about yet another remake... I point you towards Resident Evil 5, 6 and Revelations. Very much unique entries and very much awful and beyond terrible from a Resident Evil perspective. If they can't do anything right, they might as well re-release what they did do right on modern platforms, specifically PC so they can live on forever and be taken cared of properly.

Reactions: billzo

billzo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very much unique entries and very much awful and beyond terrible from a Resident Evil perspective. If they can't do anything right, they might as well re-release what they did do right on modern platforms, specifically PC so they can live on forever and be taken cared of properly.

Yes! I'm excited that they are returning to their original games on modern platforms, specifically so they can be appreciated in higher quality for a long time. The newest Resident Evil games are definitely "unique entries", but I never considered them to include almost any of the things about the Resident Evil franchise that I'd grown to love.

Hopefully the PC will see a fantastic port, but even if not, maybe some texture hacks and other mods will give it what it deserves...

aeolus426

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To all of you complaining, can you kindly please shut the hell up.
I was hoping for this because i never owned a gamecube and never got to play this. the ps3 is only my 5th console (2nd console bought new) i didnt have money as a kid and my father wouldn't just buy me anything i want. i'd rather have a re-release than deal with 2nd hand gamecubes/wii dying on me and paying like $60 for a like new copy. now that i have money and can make my own choices i dont like buying used unless i really have to.

(no i'm not an early adopter either, so dont lump me with those dumb asses that wait outside stores)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1