Hacking Resetting Parental Controls

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Asking for a friend who was stupid enough to set up a parental control to prevent his little brother from messing with system settings... and then forgot the key since he hadn't used it in ages.

I know 3DSExplorer has a "3DS / Wii U" algorithm option, but the key the Wii U gives you is longer than what the program accepts - it just turns into 99999999 and obviously gives the wrong response code.

All the tools I can find are for Wii/DSi and 3DS only, nothing for the Wii U. Has nobody cracked this yet?

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the PIN actually does carry over into Wii mode?

Problem is he's all anti-hacking and doesn't want to mod his Wii U even though I've told him several times the cool stuff you can do with Homebrew Channel. So I don't think that's really an option for him. I can assume he'll just call Nintendo and tell them he was goofing around and put in a stupid PIN that he can't remember, but it would be nice to know a way to do this with a computer like you can do with Wii/DSi/3DS though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...