Requesting help finding software to run Python script on CFW Nintendo 3DS

HardChibi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I installed CFW today and as such, have Luma3DS. With this 3DS I want to write and run a Python script that would open my Virtual Console Pokemon game and Soft Reset a shiny Lugia. I have previously written a script inspired by a certain public GitHub repo (I do not have enough reputation to share the link) on my PC that allowed me to Soft Reset on my PC emulator.

This is why I am asking whether there is a CFW app that I can install where I can write and run a Python script that would simulate button presses and take a screenshot of the screen to shiny check on the CFW 3DS. Any help is greatly appreciated.

If this is not the right place to ask this question, should I make a post for it?

Edit: I am aware that there exists an SR tool in PKMN NTR but I do not wish to download it as I have no desire to use any of its other features and not to mention it has features like downloading .pk* files. Furthermore, I do not wish to read the internal game data and check whether it is shiny but rather take a more "human approach".

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi,

I installed CFW today and as such, have Luma3DS. With this 3DS I want to write and run a Python script that would open my Virtual Console Pokemon game and Soft Reset a shiny Lugia. I have previously written a script inspired by a certain public GitHub repo (I do not have enough reputation to share the link) on my PC that allowed me to Soft Reset on my PC emulator.

This is why I am asking whether there is a CFW app that I can install where I can write and run a Python script that would simulate button presses and take a screenshot of the screen to shiny check on the CFW 3DS. Any help is greatly appreciated.

If this is not the right place to ask this question, should I make a post for it?

Edit: I am aware that there exists an SR tool in PKMN NTR but I do not wish to download it as I have no desire to use any of its other features and not to mention it has features like downloading .pk* files. Furthermore, I do not wish to read the internal game data and check whether it is shiny but rather take a more "human approach".
There are ways you could do this, but it would involve using Luma3DS' Input Redirection combined with video streaming with NTR-CFW/HzMod and running the script on a PC. It would work very similarly to doing it in an emulator.
There is no app to run python scripts in the background. A NTR-CFW plugin or Luma3DS modification could do it, but would require C/C++ coding. It's not possible with normal homebrew.

I'm not sure why you want to do this on the 3DS though, when you could do it on a PC emulator and transfer the save onto the Virtual Console version afterwards, which would be easier and more convenient.

Reactions: HardChibi

zxr750j

Longtime member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hard-wired testpoints on my 3ds to a 8 port relay attached to a raspberry pi running python (with a lightsensor for the timing). Got all the ultrabeasts and legendary from ultrasun/moon shiny :)

Reactions: HardChibi

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I hard-wired testpoints on my 3ds to a 8 port relay attached to a raspberry pi running python (with a lightsensor for the timing). Got all the ultrabeasts and legendary from ultrasun/moon shiny :)
I've heard of this method, I don't think a light sensor would work for Virtual Console games though.

zxr750j

Longtime member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For the switch I've got a cheap hdmi capturecard thing to replace the simple light sensor. A webcam on a raspberry will work absolutely fine, just read one pixel and adjust thresholds.

HardChibi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There are ways you could do this, but it would involve using Luma3DS' Input Redirection combined with video streaming with NTR-CFW/HzMod and running the script on a PC. It would work very similarly to doing it in an emulator.
There is no app to run python scripts in the background. A NTR-CFW plugin or Luma3DS modification could do it, but would require C/C++ coding. It's not possible with normal homebrew.

I'm not sure why you want to do this on the 3DS though, when you could do it on a PC emulator and transfer the save onto the Virtual Console version afterwards, which would be easier and more convenient.
Thanks for the response! I am mainly doing this because this is the copy of the VC I bought and I have been SRing for this Lugia for years. I have roughly 14000 SRs done but nowadays if I SR for a longer period of time my fingers hurt and as such I am looking for a more automated option. I will look into the Input Redirection + NTR streaming you mentioned and see what I can do.
Post automatically merged:

This sounds interesting! I am going to look into the method mentioned by @The Real Jdbye at first but I would love to look at your setup as well!
Post automatically merged:

I tried Input Redirection and HzMod video streaming (mine is old 3DS) but it looks like you can't stream VC games. I will try using a webcam/ phone camera instead and see if I can get a good video feed.

Last edited by HardChibi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol