ROM Hack [Request]Xenoblade Chronicle Wii Save converter to XB chronicle 3Ds

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I had the Wii version I woukd look into this.

Simply making a 3DS Xenoblade save editor would make this project a lot more feasible. Documentation is the main thing getting in the way. Both save formats need to be fully documented before you can write a converter.

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Simply making a 3DS Xenoblade save editor would make this project a lot more feasible. Documentation is the main thing getting in the way. Both save formats need to be fully documented before you can write a converter.

The first thing I would try is copy and paste, if it is the same save code (minus the apis) it *should* just work.

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first thing I would try is copy and paste, if it is the same save code (minus the apis) it *should* just work.

Yea. I'm not sure how much code was reused, nor am I familiar with how Wii/3DS saves are stored. But I'm willing to bet that the general structure is probably pretty similar give or take a bit. Make two identical save files, then compare the data. A direct copy+paste might be possible. Might need to change a header or something though.

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Yea. I'm not sure how much code was reused, nor am I familiar with how Wii/3DS saves are stored. But I'm willing to bet that the general structure is probably pretty similar give or take a bit. Make two identical save files, then compare the data. A direct copy+paste might be possible. Might need to change a header or something though.

Have a Wii save?

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Nope. I'm not even interested in the game. I'm just here because the idea of converting a save file is a bit intriguing. I know Gamefaqs has save files for stuff: http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/960564-xenoblade-chronicles/saves. Again, I'm not that familiar with 3DS/Wii saves, so I'm not sure if there's some standard you should be looking at.

Once you get to the raw save, it is all up to the game for the most part.

Reactions: Alkéryn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1