[Request] Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection Modding

Naldrag

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking to see if there's anyone who can help me with a couple of endeavors with the recent Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection. A group of people including myself have found decent success modding music and most of ZX / ZX Advent but have come to a bit of a hurdle in regards to Mega Man Zero 1-4 which is what I want to primarily focus on.

#1. Porting over the English script from Mega Man Zero 1-4 to Rockman Zero 1-4 and un-censoring it.
I'm not sure how much luck I'll have with this, but I would ideally like to be able to port over the script from the Zero series over the JP versions of the game since I figure that might be easier on a technical level than trying to restore all the blood in the English versions but I haven't actually been able to find where the game has the script files. My best assumption would be "talkz#.bin" but I'm not sure and unlike the ZX games' dialog isn't as easily editable in hex editor since all if the text is there it just comes up as an unrecognizable mess regardless.

#2. Making the title menus English in the Japanese version.
This isn't the biggest in the world priority but since most of this work is based on porting over stuff from the English versions to the JP versions getting them to display English text on the title screens would be appreciated since those use a more generic font now. Maybe getting a better title font for menus in general would be nice too.

That should cover just about anything, I expect it's a long shot but if I can get someone to help me out with this I'd greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by Naldrag,

sss532810

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I'm looking to see if there's anyone who can help me with a couple of endeavors with the recent Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection. A group of people including myself have found decent success modding music and most of ZX / ZX Advent but have come to a bit of a hurdle in regards to Mega Man Zero 1-4 which is what I want to primarily focus on.

#1. Porting over the English script from Mega Man Zero 1-4 to Rockman Zero 1-4 and un-censoring it.
I'm not sure how much luck I'll have with this, but I would ideally like to be able to port over the script from the Zero series over the JP versions of the game since I figure that might be easier on a technical level than trying to restore all the blood in the English versions but I haven't actually been able to find where the game has the script files. My best assumption would be "talkz#.bin" but I'm not sure and unlike the ZX games' dialog isn't as easily editable in hex editor since all if the text is there it just comes up as an unrecognizable mess regardless.

#2. Making the title menus English in the Japanese version.
This isn't the biggest in the world priority but since most of this work is based on porting over stuff from the English versions to the JP versions getting them to display English text on the title screens would be appreciated since those use a more generic font now. Maybe getting a better title font for menus in general would be nice too.

That should cover just about anything, I expect it's a long shot but if I can get someone to help me out with this I'd greatly appreciate it.
hi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1