Mega Man ZX gets a playable Fandub mod

After almost 3 years in development, the Mega Man ZX Fandub project is finally finished and out to the public. User CrossTrash, alongside a wide range of fan voice actors who worked on the dub, finalized the work on the dub, which can be installed using the Fluffy Mod Manager, and patches the Mega Man Zero / ZX Legacy Collection release of ZX. It's currently unknown whether or not the fandub is compatible with the original DS release, but with some proper romhacking, perhaps it could be possible.

While the dub is currently at v1, the author mentions that there's a couple of issues with the first release regarding some unbalanced audio in the later half of the game, and some audio files being corrupted or missing due to errors with Audacity. CrossTrash hopes to update all of these issues within a week from the v1 release, so those interested can keep track on the project for the eventual fixes update.

:arrow: Download

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean props to the guy but I beat the game without English voices or any cause I just turn off most audio in games on principle. Regardless to me this adds very little to the experience.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, they should've just wasted their time "developing" another Hiren's clone instead. :rofl2:
Hiren's stopped development in 2012, so I filled the void. You're welcome.
Post automatically merged:

Sounds like a parody, like everything dubbed in English.
Exactly, thank you. I never could put my finger on why I hate dubs, but you're right.

Reactions: SylverReZ

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hiren's stopped development in 2012, so I filled the void. You're welcome.

Lol, "void". Did you read what you responded to? Not are there only an ample number of alternatives, but Hiren's was never even necessary to begin with. There is no "void". Accruing a collection of freeware requires as much "development" as a fruit salad. It's not cool that you pretend to be a dev only to mock projects that require more talent and coordination than you demonstrate.

Last edited by tabzer,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Lol, "void". Did you read what you responded to? Not are there only an ample number of alternatives, but Hiren's was never even necessary to begin with. There is no "void". Accruing a collection of freeware requires as much "development" as a fruit salad. It's not cool that you pretend to be a dev only to mock projects that require more talent and coordination than you demonstrate.
Are you always this much of a douche? Seriously, chill out.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Are you always this much of a douche? Seriously, chill out.

What's the matter? You can dish it but you can't take it? Nobody asked for you the same way "nobody asked" for this; except more people being actively engaged in this project indicates more interest. It is objectively more interesting than your hoarding disorder on a stick.

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome work indeed, wish I had the time to play. Anybody know if they ever got the audio corruption issue fixed? Would like to know before downloading.

Reactions: DarthDub

Solid One

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's also worth mentioning the Audacity version required for editing sounds from the game isn't an official one, but instead a fork exclusively for it. The reason is that the required codecs for the game aren't officially released yet, AFAIK. That's the only way of editing the audio files from Megaman ZX inside the Legacy Collection.

Anyway, Audacity isn't that bad. It's open source, so anyone can tweak it and adapt it to your needs. Might not be as good as other proprietary solutions, but it does the trick for a lot of things.

Reactions: tabzer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...