ROM Hack [Request] Final Fantasy Explorers save editor

chinesekidx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just the abilities, but I've attached the mutation table.

The way I've been getting them is just looking at a memory dump from the game. All you do is search for any related information and piece the information together.
Entry = 0x6c
0x00000000, 4 bytes = number (this is used in the save file)
0x00000004, 4 bytes = display name id
0x00000008, 4 bytes = name id

In order to do it, you will need the accessory ID, and trait ID(s). Once you have that, you can give the trait a value if it allows it.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how do we use the .bin tables you uploaded with the save editor you posted a few pages back? I was able to use the editor you posted and mess around with the weapons and armor but how do we add other tabs?

unknowndatax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how do we use the .bin tables you uploaded with the save editor you posted a few pages back? I was able to use the editor you posted and mess around with the weapons and armor but how do we add other tabs?

The program can't do anything with those tables since it's not programmed to. With the tables, you can use it with a hex editor to help make changes or make a program that would do it for you. With work and tennis season (spring, summer, fall) coming up, I can't devote enough time to continue working on adding more functions, adding user error checks, and cleaning up the code. There are others that know how the save file works so there might be a chance they make an editor.

Jan Tan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The program can't do anything with those tables since it's not programmed to. With the tables, you can use it with a hex editor to help make changes or make a program that would do it for you. With work and tennis season (spring, summer, fall) coming up, I can't devote enough time to continue working on adding more functions, adding user error checks, and cleaning up the code. There are others that know how the save file works so there might be a chance they make an editor.
I know how the save works but idk how to make a program.

sonic1992j

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for the Editor but i dont know what i can do :S I use an Sky3ds+ Card and dont works with my save :( anyone have a idea ?

Thanatos013

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Use your imagination Just install a cubic ninja room in you sky and use the ninjax. Then use sdvt and extract your save and ready you have you game0 file to edit

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
How're you guys extracting the savegame for FFE? I'm having trouble getting the savefile. Have used svdt and JK save manager but still no dice. Keeps giving me a red screen and stays stuck there until I reboot the 3DS. Tried extracting my MH4U savegame works fine. My copy of the game is a digital one from the eshop.
I dunno if the problem is your game is eShop version or the hex editor you're using
HxD works fine for me, thy that one =D

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't really wanna repeat a question that has been already said, but... sorry.
Has anybody figured out how to edit the save file to add the CE quests rather than just the weapons? I wanna get them the "legitimate" way...
Or a cheat to unlock them would be useful too.

lucoia

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can you edit the load of the abilities too? I would like to set all the abilities load from 15-30-45-60 to 1 or set my load to 999. I cheated a lot of things on gateway, but load doesn't seems to be modifiable. (monsters EXP and attributes looks to be unchangeable as well)

Arikaido

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone else enable to extract their save: the issue is in the game's encryption. Games that came out after July of 2015 use an encryption that doesn't let them be loaded by homebrew. Now, I don't know if we need to wait on an update to *hax or the specific homebrew, but the summation of my research says that we need to wait for SOMETHING to update before we'll be able to extract our saves. Until then, we're stuck. If you can downgrade, do it. If not, be patient for a solution.

Reactions: Gray_Jack

himuradrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For anyone else enable to extract their save: the issue is in the game's encryption. Games that came out after July of 2015 use an encryption that doesn't let them be loaded by homebrew. Now, I don't know if we need to wait on an update to *hax or the specific homebrew, but the summation of my research says that we need to wait for SOMETHING to update before we'll be able to extract our saves. Until then, we're stuck. If you can downgrade, do it. If not, be patient for a solution.

So i guess my problem is that its because Im already on 10.5

Thanks for clarifying that.

sengitan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can somebody explain me how to edit my save file step by step on HxD? cant find my offset on eur vers. thx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ