codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, here's the skinny.

Recently had to replace the shell that this PSP 2000 came in. finally got the parts the other day, and for the most part everything appeared to visibly work. However, now I am left with a couple of problems.
  1. Though everything appeared to be fine when at the XMB, when trying out Gran Turismo I find that the car is constantly pushing left, even when I am not physically touching the d-pad at all. But even after a couple of times of opening it up, reseating it and putting it back together, it's still doing it.
  2. the third-party extended battery that worked perfectly fine before the change in shell seems to not be recognized as plugged in anymore, which makes no sense. Stranger still that it does operate with the spare Sony battery I was able to find later. However, that makes no sense to me when all I did was change the shell, you see.
So... what should I do here?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1: You could try increasing the deadzone of the nub. If that fixes it, then a more permanent solution would be to just install a new nub.

2: Is everything lined up properly? The contacts from the 3rd party battery might be different enough that if the contact are out of alignment just enough to cause problem.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i had the same problem with the analogic stick, if you dont close the console very well, or the shell is not good, the stick will not work very well... try to make pressure to close tge shell and see if it still does the same thing, the analogic stick contacts depends on the shell mounting, if the shell is not closed it will give problems...

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that's just it. Physically everything appears to be lining up properly. and yet it ignores the third party battery, and still does the thing where it turns hard left.

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well, that's just it. Physically everything appears to be lining up properly. and yet it ignores the third party battery, and still does the thing where it turns hard left.

Wipe the conductive rubber and the contacts of the joystick assembly just for the sake of it.
Try the battery on another PSP if you have the possibility.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k