Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
So I’ve been put in charge of fixing a friend’s 3DS. His story goes that he was playing a game when the cart ejected, and now it won’t start up. I doubt it was in the middle of a cart update, as he seems to know better than to mess around in that instance.

I’ve gotten the 3DS to display the power off and retuning to home menu screens, but nothing else. My understanding is that the Home Menu itself could be corrupted. How do I go about fixing this?

My idea was using NTRBoot to boot into GodMode9, then flashing a CTRNAND. I’ve already tried recovery mode system update, with no luck. Any ideas?

Also, he wasn’t messing around with homebrew. The SD card’s clean.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry the brick means device is kill and cant restore :/
You have no clue what you are talking about.

So I’ve been put in charge of fixing a friend’s 3DS. His story goes that he was playing a game when the cart ejected, and now it won’t start up. I doubt it was in the middle of a cart update, as he seems to know better than to mess around in that instance.

I’ve gotten the 3DS to display the power off and retuning to home menu screens, but nothing else. My understanding is that the Home Menu itself could be corrupted. How do I go about fixing this?

My idea was using NTRBoot to boot into GodMode9, then flashing a CTRNAND. I’ve already tried recovery mode system update, with no luck. Any ideas?

Also, he wasn’t messing around with homebrew. The SD card’s clean.
I would use NTRboot to install b9s and attempt a CTR transfer, then go from there.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The system boots, I can press the power button to get to the sleep mode screen. But I'd assume there's something wrong with the home menu launcher.
There may be a way to restore just the home menu related modules/firmware, but thats beyond my knowledge. Thats why Id ask a hardmodder. They typically know this sort of thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.