Sonic0509

Sometimes I'm Maryushi3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Um... Hello!

How can I delete entries from Today Play History?
I had few Homebrew forwarders and it's make me mad when I go into playstats and see those forwarders' titles.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Formatting the Wii memory is afaik the only way to do it. But of course, that will erase a lot more than just the play stats and it's not worth it...

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You could probably do it manually by finding the right file on NAND, dumping it with FSToolbox, editing it (probably with a hex editor), and putting it back with FSToolbox. However, you'd have to know what file it is, how the file "works" (i.e. how to edit it without corrupting it), and it'd probably take a while.

wiiman123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Here's a radical idea.... why doesn't a homebrew developer create some homebrew to clear the play history.
yaywii.gif

Sketter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wiiman123 said:
Here's a radical idea.... why doesn't a homebrew developer create some homebrew to clear the play history.
yaywii.gif
^ I've been waiting for something like that to pop up for months!!

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There is already one to view it, dunno if its open source, but maybe if it is someone could mod it to delete entries?

EDIT: It is open source, here's the WiiBrew page, there's a link to source there: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Playstats

There's also some info in the source on the filetype, if you're interested. More than I could find anywhere else.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wouldn't rely on the source of playstats for information about the .vff (virtual FAT filesystem) format. See this page instead (it has a small typo that needs correcting, the root directory starts at 0x28020 not 0x28040).

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tueidj said:
I wouldn't rely on the source of playstats for information about the .vff (virtual FAT filesystem) format. See this page instead (it has a small typo that needs correcting, the root directory starts at 0x28020 not 0x28040).

I never found that page, the best I could find was playstats' source. Which seems to have far more detail tbh. Anyway, why didn't you fix the typo, instead of pointing it out? I have fixed it btw.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Because I'm too lazy and only noticed it when I went to find the link. The reason I recommended not to use the playstats source is because it's got bugs; it doesn't seem to realize that the file is actually a complete filesystem. I've yet to see it give sane stats for any wii, most of them will show a ridiculous amount of logged hours for HBC.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm. Well, maybe I shouldn't have pointed it out then, it was all I could find like I said.

Now, you said it was a "virtual FAT filesystem" : would it be possible to modify libfat to work with this, if it is at all similar? And if it was, would this allow you to browse the cdb.vff, opening files, deleting, modifying, saving etc.? How hard would it be? Is it very similar to FAT filesystem?

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It appears to be very similar to FAT including long file name support. Being able to "mount" .vff files should be pretty easy to implement and they're also used in several other places (SSBB savefiles for example).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed