Remembering Densetsu

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Lilith Valentine, May 18, 2017.

1. Lilith Valentine
    OP

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Densetsu, he was a member who contributed a lot to the NDS scene, mostly to the M3 scene and ROM translation scene. He also became a member of the staff, quickly raising to Moderator and then Global Moderator. He was also an inspiring doctor who was going to medical school. There's obviously a lot more to him to make him an extremely notable member of the Temp, but it's hard to summarize his full contributions in just one post.

2. iAqua

iAqua

Dec 7, 2015
    Antarctica
    Goodbye, again.

V0ltr0n likes this.
  3. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I remember Densetsu very fondly. We didn't speak often, but when we did interact, he had an impeccable sense of humour. He was great at moderating the forums and keeping the peace, and his Japanese thread was very useful and interesting for our users. I still remember his Bukkake Soup thread, it was class entertainment. He'll be remembered, for sure.

raulpica, DS1 and Lilith Valentine like this.
  4. Ricken

Ricken No way... Not now...

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    Shibuya, The small one from Vegas
    I really wish I could have been around when he was most active.. I never really got to know Densetsu
    Wherever he is, I hope he's happy.

DS1 likes this.
  5. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    He will be missed, tho we didn't really know him, I'm sure many of us considered him a friend, may he rest in peace.

6. DrHikaru

DrHikaru Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2011
    United States
    Thank you everyone for your kind words. Last year I gave a eulogy at his funeral and had mentioned the severe loss our community had with his passing. His family was extremely touched and I sent his mother all of your messages. Franz was my best friend and brought me into this community years ago when we were both in Japan.

His family is endeared by your shared grief and your support. <3

7. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    I still go back to the PM's we sent to each other sometimes. I really do miss him. Quite a lot.
    I keep on fighting to learn Japanese, but now I'm also doing it for him.

DS1, lcie nimbus and Lilith Valentine like this.
  8. Lilith Valentine
    OP

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    It puts my mind at ease knowing his family knows just how much we cared about him. I just want his family to know that they are kin to us and we are forever grateful to have had the honor to experience a true Legend. His family and friends are always welcome here on the Temp. We will always be here if they need us.

Pandaxclone2, DS1 and lcie nimbus like this.
  9. DS1

DS1 伝説の雀士

Feb 18, 2009
    United States
    Yes!
    RIP Densetsu, I still think of him often. He went out of his way to headhunt me (through GameFAQs no less!!) to help with the Blood of Bahamut project. One of the few people who validated my JP skills and made me feel really confident about it. Great guy to work with as well.

lcie nimbus likes this.
  10. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    He was an admin, worked on DS ROM translations, spoke fluent Japanese, and was one of the nicest people I knew :(

lcie nimbus likes this.
  11. ComeTurismO

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
    Still completely hurt by his passing; I remember before I even know this happened; I'd always drop in his profile to see if he's active or not; cause I really missed him. He was a very funny person; I remember rolling on the floor after reading his posts when he closed threads. Densetsu, RIP man we will always miss you. Amazing guy. :(

Lilith Valentine likes this.
  12. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    Can't believe one year has passed already, the wound still feels so fresh in my heart.

RIP, Den. We miss you.

13. DCG

DCG GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 1, 2010
    Netherlands
    Schiedam
    I'm way way to absent from this site, only having found out this happened yesterday night...
    He was probably the most recognizable person in the M3 topics, always calm and well spoken, it always put a smile on my face when I saw his avatar pass around when I was reading up on something.

14. Vulpes Abnocto

Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

Former Staff
    Jun 24, 2008
    United States
    When death came for him, Densetsu was learning to heal bodies
    but he was born with the knowledge of how to heal hearts.
    That might have been his greatest skill, and the one least known by the world.
    I'm so honored to have seen that facet of his personality.
    Franz was a good man, by any measure, and I miss his presence dearly.

I sure could use his council today.

Last edited by Vulpes Abnocto, May 20, 2017
  15. p1ngpong

p1ngpong Unamused frog

Former Staff
    Apr 18, 2008
    Croatia
    DS Scene
    Jesus has it been a year already? Unbelievable.

I will just echo what I said when Den passed a year back. He was a great human being who not only helped this community but dedicated his life to healing and helping others. My stomach still gets sick and twisted at the thought of him passing so young in this way.

Rest is peace, my heart still hurts for your family.

16. GamerUnity

GamerUnity GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2015
    Philippines
    If Densetsu was still around, he would most likely even help those who don't know him.
    I cannot muster such feelings for someone I didn't know, but seeing all of you respect a person and praise him even after he was gone, made me respect him as well.

Rest in Peace, Densetsu, I hope you receive the greatest rewards for your efforts and good-will.

V0ltr0n likes this.