Relive Nine O.G. Sega Games with the SEGA 3D Classics Collection

f32c2822-f755-49df-ab09-e281df83e97c.jpg

Remember loading up your SEGA Master System or Genesis with the raddest cartridge back in the day and playing for hours? Well, you may not be a kid anymore, but we've got the illest cure for your feelings of nostalgia, because the SEGA 3D Classics Collection will be released physically and digitally in the Americas! Sega will be hooking playas up with nine old school games that have been powered up with fresh new visuals and content by the fly M2 posse - for the Nintendo 3DS system on April 26.

The SEGA 3D Classics Collection, available on the Nintendo eShop and in retail stores contains nine classic SEGA games originally released on SEGA's Master System and Genesis consoles:
  • Power Drift - A high octane sprite-based circuit racer.
  • Puyo Puyo 2 - A head-to-head competitive puzzle game.
  • Maze Walker - A 3D mystery adventure.
  • Fantasy Zone II: The Tears of Opa-Opa - A classic psychedelic scrolling shooter.
  • Fantasy Zone II W - Fantasy Zone II W is basically an updated version of the game above.
  • Sonic The Hedgehog - Control the iconic character in the classic fast-paced platformer.
  • Thunder Blade - Helicopters, guns, missiles and explosions. What more do you need?
  • Galaxy Force II - Save the galaxy in this space themed3D shoot 'em up.
  • Altered Beast - A beat 'em up set in ancient Greece.
You may have noticed that some of the games in the collection are already available à la carte only on the Nintendo eShop, and wonder why you need the SEGA 3D Classics Collection. Well, in addition to getting a physical release, the collection includes four games that haven't been released on the 3DS before (two of which never made it out of Japan!), and the total for the nine games clocks in at just $29.99/CA$44.99.

S3DCC_Screen_1_1453337310.jpg S3DCC_Screen_2_1453337312.jpg S3DCC_Screen_3_1453337312.jpg S3DCC_Screen_6_1453337313.jpg S3DCC_Screen_4_1453337313.jpg S3DCC_Screen_5_1453337313.jpg S3DCC_Screen_7_1453337313.jpg S3DCC_Screen_8_1453337314.jpgS3DCC_Screen_17_1453337316.jpg
S3DCC_Screen_9_1453337314.jpg S3DCC_Screen_10_1453337314.jpg S3DCC_Screen_11_1453337314.jpg S3DCC_Screen_12_1453337315.jpg
S3DCC_Screen_13_1453337315.jpg S3DCC_Screen_14_1453337315.jpg S3DCC_Screen_15_1453337315.jpg S3DCC_Screen_16_1453337316.jpg

ThomasRobertWade

Trophies
XP
Really? cause from where I'm standing I'm seeing some exclusive games part of this bundle that isnt available on eShop. So I would have to purchase these games again in order to play them.

Did you take a minute to do any research before shoving your unneeded criticism down peoples throats?
You could just wait until this game is cheaper and buy it then.

Reactions: RemixDeluxe

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So this doesn't even have all of the 3D Classics SEGA games from the eShop? Who is this targetted to? People who don't own ANY of them, I know, but there is a reason a person may not own any of these games by now.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Why is this on the front page and not every 3DS release? Not a criticism here, I'm genuinely curious why this cool SEGA pack gets on there when most things don't.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well, they injected roms into 3d Sonic 2.. So, this may work. We will lose 3d.. But I don't quite care.
I tried these and the 3D plain doesn't work. Do they work in yours somehow?

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wish Nintendo could take a leaf out of Sega's book and put out more 3D Classics on the eshop. Kirby and Excitebike is not enough.

There is also Kid Icarus.
But I think that there are many SNES classics that dserve to be made 3D classics.
They also would sell like hotcakes, imagine a Super Mario World widescreen and 3D,
or it could be Super Metroid, Zelda ALTTP, Donkey Kong Country, F-Zero and many others

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Really? cause from where I'm standing I'm seeing some exclusive games part of this bundle that isnt available on eShop. So I would have to purchase these games again in order to play them.

Did you take a minute to do any research before shoving your unneeded criticism down peoples throats?
This is GBATEMP. Everything is unneeded here. Lotsa things that people want, lotsa things that people don't want, but everything unneeded.

Also, it's not my fault that Sega decided to release those two games in a bundle filled with games you've already bought. I mean, that's kind of how good bundles work - with kickers. For other people who have not bought said games, this bundle is a good deal, as they get all the games plus two kickers. For people who have, the other games become a paywall to get the kickers. Doesn't change the fact that it is specifically designed to make you pay if you want it bad enough. So if you're gonna pay for it, *shrugs*. If not, *shrugs*.

But really, my statement still stands. Complaining about cheaper bundles sounds like a bad case of entitlement. It ain't nobody's fault, nobody got cheated out of anything. The cheaper bundles were for people who didn't find the initial offering attractive enough. The kickers are to make the deal sweeter. For people like you who paid for the separate games, apparently the initial offerings was attractive enough. I mean, you may say one thing but your cash says another. You paid for it. Whatever opinion that comes afterward is irrelevant. Your wallet already spoke.

So yeah. Life goes on. Nobody bats an eye.

Last edited by ferofax,

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone here that doesn't speak broken English and actually has sources to backup instead of trolling kindly post if the exclusive games will be released on the eshop or not?

Thank you

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
I suppose there's always injecting the Phantasy Star I-IV collection ROM into a GBA ambassador game for those on CFW, but yeah, it'd be nice to see some PS love.
Or I could use the Retroarch Sega Genesis emulator on my New 3DS, but I want to support Sega dammit!

Reactions: daxtsu

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may have noticed that some of the games in the collection are already available à la carte only on the Nintendo eShop, and wonder why you need the SEGA 3D Classics Collection. Well, in addition to getting a physical release, the collection includes four games that haven't been released on the 3DS before (two of which never made it out of Japan!)
Puyo Puyo 2 - A head-to-head competitive puzzle game.
Oh, so we get to play the Japanese Version of Dr.Robotnik's Mean Bean Machiene in is intended glory... except is basically the same game but with different story that isn't translated.

Power Drift - A high octane sprite-based circuit racer.
I never heard of this game before. :wtf:
Maze Walker - A 3D mystery adventure.
Never heard of this one either. :blink:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E