Hacking reliable way to block wii u updates..

Umairbt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
hi i am gonna try the kernal exploit for wii u and first i need to block system update on my wii u can anyone plz tell me the safest way and reliable way to block system updates plz.....

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using the parental controls and adding Nintendo's servers in a blacklist in the router settings is the safest way IMHO, problem with sites like OpenDNS is if your ISP has a dynamic IP, that and there's Tubehax, but I don't completely trust it, that's just me though.

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best way is to remove the outbound authentication key from ios. Oh, you mean currently....
the randomizer has the best answer.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using the parental controls and adding Nintendo's servers in a blacklist in the router settings is the safest way IMHO, problem with sites like OpenDNS is if your ISP has a dynamic IP, that and there's Tubehax, but I don't completely trust it, that's just me though.

TubeHax is safer because it works everywhere. If you rely on your router settings, but you take your Wii to somewhere else, those settings won't protect you anymore. Or someone resets the settings in your router on accident or purpose. What if you go on vacation, leave your Wii U at home, but your router breaks, and your roomates / family replace the router. The new one won't have your settings, and your Wii U might update on it's own. TubeHax protect you. There has not been a single case of TubeHax being used correctly and it failing.

Reactions: FaTaL_ErRoR

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not true.

I use MAC filtering to ONLY block specific URLs. Nintendo's :)

Well gee, that depends on the quality of your router firmware. Some people are using full blown custom firware like DD-WRT, and others are using the router provided by their ISP with barebones features.

D

Deleted User

My personal blocking method that no-one else seems to use (they are all missing out on a really good method!) is to connect the Wii U to Charles Proxy on a PC and Enable SSL for all the connections the console makes to Nintendo's Update Servers. This, for some reason, forces any communication between the servers and the console to fail and return an error, blocking updates in the process. :)

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Well gee, that depends on the quality of your router firmware. Some people are using full blown custom firware like DD-WRT, and others are using the router provided by their ISP with barebones features.
So do I :)

Seita

Trophies
XP
Country
The safest way is to remove any wireless connections from your wii u. lol
If you need it for your legit games, I suggest Tubehax DNS like most of us do.

xSTRATEGIZERx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Self hosting the kexploit with my MXQ Android TV Box running KWS Web Server (All setup within the MXQ Box too:) Very simple). Wii U never connects to the internet.

Start MXQ box up & hit start server within KWS, Turn Wii U on, Start the kexploit in the browser (Which is hosted on my MXQ) & its done !!!

Last edited by xSTRATEGIZERx,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TubeHax is safer because it works everywhere. If you rely on your router settings, but you take your Wii to somewhere else, those settings won't protect you anymore. Or someone resets the settings in your router on accident or purpose. What if you go on vacation, leave your Wii U at home, but your router breaks, and your roomates / family replace the router. The new one won't have your settings, and your Wii U might update on it's own. TubeHax protect you. There has not been a single case of TubeHax being used correctly and it failing.

I stand corrected, my apologies.

Yamagushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of people trust tubehax and blocking the nintendo servers. I used this with 3DS and still had an update get through so I don't personally trust them. The actual safest way is to do as someone else mentioned above, setup a server on an android device that has no internet access and connect to that so the Wii U has no connection to the internet at all.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of people trust tubehax and blocking the nintendo servers. I used this with 3DS and still had an update get through so I don't personally trust them. The actual safest way is to do as someone else mentioned above, setup a server on an android device that has no internet access and connect to that so the Wii U has no connection to the internet at all.

But then you can't play your games online. Mario Maker, Splatoon, and Guitar Hero become useless. Mario Kart and Smash become hugely crippled. For that 3DS, maybe it was connected through another hot spot? Anyways, the 3DS doesn't automatically install updates like the Wii U. You can hit cancel. My 3DS is often off too.

tjhooker73

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unplugging your WiiU is 100% effective on blocking updates. Then use tubehax DNS to block servers. Just don't let anyone touch it.

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how should i set up the tubehax and how to check if it is working correctly?
http://wiiubrew.net/tutorials-and-guides/block-wiiu-updates/
http://www.kloth.net/services/nslookup.php
1. Use TubeHax DNS on your Wii U

2. Go to Wii U Menu/System Settings/Internet/Connect to the Internet

3. Input your router’s SSID and password (typically WPA2-PSK AES)
4. Input settings as follows:

IP Address: Auto-obtain

DNS: Don’t Auto-obtain
Primary DNS: 107.211.140.065 (TubeHax DNS)

Note: This will leave you unable to access YouTube
Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0

Note: This should make your Wii U fail to connect to the internet if TubeHax fails.
FAQ:

Can I use more than one of those options at the same time?
Absolutely. I use all 3 together. If you still want internet access I recommend doing both 1 and 3.

How do I know that the URLs are being blocked by my router or with TubeHax DNS?
Use this website.

To check if your router is properly blocking the URLs:
Domain: <copy/paste one of the URLs>
Server: localhost
Query: A (IPv4 address)

To check if TubeHax DNS is properly blocking the URLs:
Domain: <copy/paste one of the URLs>
Server: 107.211.140.065
Query: A (IPv4 address)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?