ROM Hack [Released] Moflex Player

Aldorex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wouldn't know about Win10 since I never used, but the code is compiled as-is from GitHub. I can vouch that nothing was modified.
If you're still paranoid you can always compile it yourself, I only posted it because people were asking for it.

What kind of error are you getting anyway? Because for example when running the tool through Cygwin it didn't work for me but runing it from regular windows commandline works fine.
When running from an elevated (as an Administrator) command prompt, I get:

The system cannot execute the specified program.

I've managed to run it on an older W7 machine tho, but alas, the converter still gives:

MobiConverter by Gericom

MOC5 container detected!
Error! Not supported yet!

Many Thanks anyways..I hope Gericom improves the decoder..

Aldorex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When running from an elevated (as an Administrator) command prompt, I get:

The system cannot execute the specified program.

I've managed to run it on an older W7 machine tho, but alas, the converter still gives:

MobiConverter by Gericom

MOC5 container detected!
Error! Not supported yet!

Many Thanks anyways..I hope Gericom improves the decoder..
(btw: the Player decodes the same files effortlessly, so I think it's just the converter that's receiving.. 'less love' :)

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
MOC5 containter detected thing sounds like you're simply trying to convert an unsupported variant of moflex.
I used this to convert the cutscenes of SMT4 and SMT4A for my undubs and it worked fine, outside of my friend having to make some code modifictions for me to force cutscenes from English version of SMT4A to spit out at double framerate as they should, because it was giving me 30FPS output before that that played at half speed.

Aldorex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Canzah : The problem is, it is unsupported just by the converter, but plays fine in the Decoder, implying that the code to decode this variant is already there (in the Decoder), but not ported to the Converter.. that's why I was saying the Converter has been given less priority than the Decoder.. :)

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah, well unfortunately I'm no programmer so I can't help you in this regard, but I might ask my friend to look at it and see if he can port it.

Reactions: I pwned U!

Aldorex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks @Canzah , I was just hoping for Gericom's attention, but he seems not to be here in these weeks.. but any help is welcome!
Many thanks!

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry guys, I forgot that this topic existed. For some reason I was not following it, so I didn't get notifications. (Use @Gericom next time when I don't react) Well, the encoder didn't work as good as I hoped it to work. Encoding video is very difficult, I would still like it if someone with more knowledge about it could help me designing a better encoder.

Reactions: I pwned U!

PannenkoekenNL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry guys, I forgot that this topic existed. For some reason I was not following it, so I didn't get notifications. (Use @Gericom next time when I don't react) Well, the encoder didn't work as good as I hoped it to work. Encoding video is very difficult, I would still like it if someone with more knowledge about it could help me designing a better encoder.
Could you please release a compiled version of the newest source?

Aldorex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Gericom!
I'm glad to see you back!

Even simple decoding to uncompressed avi would prove *VERY* useful, as we could later use virtualdub to re-compress the decoded avi.
I would be *VERY* interested in having even just this... could you please help?
Many, many thanks and happy new year!

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello, I've been trying to convert a moflex file to avi, but the .avi file reaches 4GB at 30%, is there any way that i can convert the video file to another container format that doesn't have that file size limitation?, the moflex in question is the Big Hero 6 cia that's on the jaoanese eshop.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hello, I've been trying to convert a moflex file to avi, but the .avi file reaches 4GB at 30%, is there any way that i can convert the video file to another container format that doesn't have that file size limitation?, the moflex in question is the Big Hero 6 cia that's on the jaoanese eshop.
Currently not. I would have to split the AVI into parts somehow. Or maybe I should use ffmpeg and let it do this for me.

Aldorex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Gericom
I'm checking this thread every day since months,hoping for some news, trying not to pester anyonewith multiple questions and in the past, limiting my post to 1 each month not to bother or be unpolite..
I never had an answer, and my last question, just as an example, did go unanswered, like the previous ones.
I'm not giving it for granted,nor pretending an answer from you, I just wanted to know if I did something wrong...
Many thanks for your work.
Aldo

Last edited by Aldorex,

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently not. I would have to split the AVI into parts somehow. Or maybe I should use ffmpeg and let it do this for me.
thank you for the fast answer, i mainly wanted to rip it into avi to see what kind of settings they used to encode the video as it looks really impressive.

Aldorex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@lordkaos
I seriously doubt the encoding settings could be exported (let alone, translated) from the original encoding into something that has any meaning for avi encoding.. is that you meant?

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@lordkaos
I seriously doubt the encoding settings could be exported (let alone, translated) from the original encoding into something that has any meaning for avi encoding.. is that you meant?
from my understanding this mobiclip converter encodes the moflex to an uncompressed .avi, i was just curious and wanted to find out what kind of bitrate does is it have, what color space, etc, if possible. also i wanted to try and use the uncompressed avi video and mux it with the english audio track and then convert it back to moflex.

Aldorex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
*IF* you're able to decode your moflex file (not all formats are supported right now), the bitrate can be easily calculated with this formula:
Widht*Height*Colour Depth*frames per seconds*duration in seconds
eg, for a 1 minute 320x200 clip encoded at 25fps, 16 bit per pixel, you'll have
320x200x16x25x60=1536000000 bytes (or roughly 183Mbytes)

Last edited by Aldorex,
Reactions: lordkaos

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay