Country
United States
You can add them directly to the inventory:

C0 E5 4E Dimensional Garb x1
E0 E5 4E Bravo Bunny x1
00 E6 4E Eastern War Garb x1
20 E6 4E Cadet Uniform x1
40 E6 4E Bravo Bikini Agnès x1

While you were poking around trying to find these values, you didn't happen to generate a list of which values correspond to the other items in the game, did you? I want to hex edit the quantities of some items but don't know which ones they are. Thanks to you, though, I do know where to go looking, but I'd really like to avoid mapping out all those values myself if someone has already done it.

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Hans isn't a patcher. It actually redirects all requests for game data from the ROMFS to the SD card. So the entire ROMFS needs to be there.

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
While you were poking around trying to find these values, you didn't happen to generate a list of which values correspond to the other items in the game, did you? I want to hex edit the quantities of some items but don't know which ones they are. Thanks to you, though, I do know where to go looking, but I'd really like to avoid mapping out all those values myself if someone has already done it.
I'm afraid I didn't. I was only interested in getting the DLC items in so I didn't make any such efforts.

I can share an observation I made though. The first byte of an item is simultaneously the item ref and partly a quantity byte for the previous item in the inventory. Which is why sometimes you will see items that have refs that haven't incremented in 20(hex)s like my examples for the DLC items.

It's a really really weird way of doing things.

Last edited by FGFlann,

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there's no universal ID for each item? Each ref contains a partial quantity for the previous item? And there's no single quantity byte?

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about reverse-engineering the clean IDs by taking a copy of one's save, and changing nothing except the item quantities by reducing all of them to one? Might that yield some useful info? I'm not sure I can crack if unless it's absurdly simple after doing that, but I can certainly create two comparison files.

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
There is absolutely a universal item ID.

Each item is actually four bytes: E.g: AA BB CC DD

But each item overlaps by one so DD is also the AA of the next item.

AA BB are the item ref: Example E0 E5 Bravo Bunny.

CC DD are the quanity: 4E 00 = 1 or C5 18 = 99

The value of DD cannot be higher than 1F or it will roll over into the next item.

If we had one Bravo Bunny and one Cadet Uniform in the inventory it would look like this:

E0 E5 4E 20 E6 4E 00

Now if we have 99 Bravo Bunnies E0 E5 C5 18 and then item in line is Cadet Uniform, it becomes 38 E6 instead of 20 E6. Making our inventory look like this:

E0 E5 C5 38 E6 4E 00.

Last edited by FGFlann,

SoyAlexPop

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just to clarify this (thank you so much for the offsets)

I can't get the Eastern War Garb in my physical copy right? there's no way shape or form to get it since SE got rid of the model & what it's Bravo Bikini Agnès? because I checked the wiki and she only has 3 costumes and I have all of them since the only unavailable one is the Bravo Bunny and I inject it fine, censored but fine.

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
You can use Hans to run your cartridge with a ROMFS that has Eastern War Garb patched back in, the item is still fully functional as long as the model is there. Otherwise it will show up as freelancer.

Reactions: SoyAlexPop

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is absolutely a universal item ID.

Each item is actually four bytes: E.g: AA BB CC DD

But each item overlaps by one so DD is also the AA of the next item.

AA BB are the item ref: Example E0 E5 Bravo Bunny.

CC DD are the quanity: 4E 00 = 1 or C5 18 = 99

The value of DD cannot be higher than 1F or it will roll over into the next item.

If we had one Bravo Bunny and one Cadet Uniform in the inventory it would look like this:

E0 E5 4E 20 E6 4E 00

Now if we have 99 Bravo Bunnies E0 E5 C5 18 and then item in line is Cadet Uniform, it becomes 38 E6 instead of 20 E6. Making our inventory look like this:

E0 E5 C5 38 E6 4E 00.

Okay, but how does 4E 00 = 1 and C5 18 = 99 ? I thought 63 was hex for 99?

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
Normally it is, that's why this inventory table is so bizarre. Even though I've come this far I still don't really understand what they've done.

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've now got two files whose only differences should be that I removed all equipped items from my characters (had to in order to be able to sell some of them) and sold all but one of every item. There is but one exception. For some reason I couldn't sell my Star Corslets, so their quantity is 3. That is the only item I couldn't reduce to 1. But all this seems to be beyond my ability to figure out, so I'll leave the files here in hopes that someone who is smarter than me can might do so.

I can't upload the files here because it says they don't have an allowed extension. So you're telling me that .sav isn't an allowed extension on GBAtemp of all places?

Attachments

• Bravely-Default-Inventory-Saves.zip
    49.4 KB · Views: 127
Last edited by Ailuros27, , Reason: Help needed

SoyAlexPop

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, I've now got two files whose only differences should be that I removed all equipped items from my characters (had to in order to be able to sell some of them) and sold all but one of every item. There is but one exception. For some reason I couldn't sell my Star Corslets, so their quantity is 3. That is the only item I couldn't reduce to 1. But all this seems to be beyond my ability to figure out, so I'll leave the files here in hopes that someone who is smarter than me can might do so.

I can't upload the files here because it says they don't have an allowed extension. So you're telling me that .sav isn't an allowed extension on GBAtemp of all places?

Put them on a .zip file and that's it. I think that's more of a forum board thing than gbatemp fault.

MrbiggyChong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heard they censored this game cuz in Japan the characters are around 15 years old. Seems like they like to promote pedophilia, making underage teens wear provocative outfits.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, @salazarcosplay hi