ROM Hack [RELEASE] Xenoblade Chronicles 3D Save Utility

kaiser725

Trophies
XP
Country
yep totally my bad. i edited the compatibility before running it in cmd which was why it wasn't running properly. sorry for the noobness

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woah, this is the first time finding this thread. Great work @WulfyStylez. I have a save on my Wii that has 60+ hours and I am looking forward to the wii-3ds conversion. :)

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry for double post but this thread popping up in my notifications reminded me to try this.
Decompressed my save, opened it in HxD but I can't find character values at all.
D1FC, D200 and D204 are all bringing up nothing when I look with control F.

If I can't figure this out, would anyone be able to take a look and do a quick edit? Just want a party of Mumkhar as leader with Dunban and Dickson as second and third characters.

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Realized that just as I posted--
Should probably sleep soon. :3
Do you know what the position for the inventory is? I saw Mumkhar and Dickson change outfits.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Unfortunately not, I figured out the team members by using those values and comparing diffent saves, but I have no idea of item numbers (and the fact a save includes a screenshot + analytics makes comparing very annoying too...)

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm quite new to hex editing in general but would there be a way to reverse-search an item you have so you could replace it's ID with something else? Figured I could buy two armor sets then convert them to the items I need

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Go to the folder containing the program
Hold shift and right click
Select "Open command window here"
Type xeno_save_tool.exe
Press enter

Sahloknir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Go to the folder containing the program
Hold shift and right click
Select "Open command window here"
Type xeno_save_tool.exe
Press enter
Okay so this is less simple than i thought (i was hoping for a GUI) but it could definitely benefit from a full set of instructions. Also where on the 3DS SD card is my Xenoblade save stored?

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Okay so this is less simple than i thought (i was hoping for a GUI) but it could definitely benefit from a full set of instructions. Also where on the 3DS SD card is my Xenoblade save stored?
It's pretty self-explanatory. You'll need a Homebrew save-extractor (any will do, I use JKSM). Extract your save with then, then use the tool to decompress your save and hex edit it.

Sahloknir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It's pretty self-explanatory. You'll need a Homebrew save-extractor (any will do, I use JKSM). Extract your save with then, then use the tool to decompress your save and hex edit it.
okay so i've got the saves done with JKSM, but i'm not really sure what to do next. My goal is to raise my character levels to 70. Are you able to talk me through that?

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I can talk you through decrypting your save but that's it. I'm not too knowledgeable about values myself; I had to get help finding where party member values were so I could put Mumkhar and Dickson on my team.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu