Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried this a few times and every time it comes out with a folder that is only 7mb. any ideas?

I'm having the same problem!

Probably WIT failed to repack your game properly, or NFS2ISO2NFS didn't convert your ISO to the Wii U format properly. I'll add a check for that in the next script so we know which happened. I would suggest trying a different set of source files, probably you supplied a bad game or wbfs files (goodness knows there are plenty of bad wbfs files floating around the internet)

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Packed 35 Wii games with this script (1.0.4) without problems :), just had a problem with one game "Another Code: R" that didn't work scrubbed, had to inject it manually.

I remember this game was conflicting in ULGX too, it just doesn't work when scrubbed.

People should use CleanRip instead downloading wonky dumps.

BossRoss93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably WIT failed to repack your game properly, or NFS2ISO2NFS didn't convert your ISO to the Wii U format properly. I'll add a check for that in the next script so we know which happened. I would suggest trying a different set of source files, probably you supplied a bad game or wbfs files (goodness knows there are plenty of bad wbfs files floating around the internet)
This one was actually a clean dump I took a few days ago. I never bother with the ones online. So, idk if that helps at all.

Don't sweat it though, I think you are doing great work! Lemme know what you find out or if I can lend a hand

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This one was actually a clean dump I took a few days ago. I never bother with the ones online. So, idk if that helps at all.

Don't sweat it though, I think you are doing great work! Lemme know what you find out or if I can lend a hand
What game? I'll add it to my list to see if I can test it.

Convour

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is fantastic work! I've successfully injected and tested 6 games and I've come across no issues using 1.0.5b, including Brawl and an ISO of Project M

BossRoss93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird, I've dumped and converted Brawl no problem as well as an injected Project M ISO.

What did you use to dump the disk? Did you make sure dual-layer was turned on if you used CleanRip?

Yeah, I made sure of it. Perhaps I can try Project M, I have the wbfs for that. Do you have any built in logging? I cant seem to find any logs. I can try to implement that for you if you want. I will run it again when I can to see what kind of errors pop out. I saw some Red during the script but it went by too fast and at the end I couldn't scroll up.

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I made sure of it. Perhaps I can try Project M, I have the wbfs for that. Do you have any built in logging? I cant seem to find any logs. I can try to implement that for you if you want. I will run it again when I can to see what kind of errors pop out. I saw some Red during the script but it went by too fast and at the end I couldn't scroll up.

If you open the script in the tools folder, go all the way to the bottom where the :success message is, remove the CLS and Color A line so it doesn't clear the output or change all the text to green.

I've been trying to think of a good way to implement logging without dumping every single line to a text file. Let me know if you have any ideas.

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
huh, when i try to install no more heroes 2 i get the error 0xfffbf442 on wup installer :blink:

nevermind, i fixed it :D
2016 called they want their error code back
tenor.gif

(My jokes suck please send help)

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In script replaced news I do want to release version 1.0.6 soon with the following changes but I also want to do a lot more testing with NFS2ISO2NFS 0.5.1 before I do, probably won't have time for that until tomorrow.

## [1.0.6] = 2017-09-XX
  • Updated NFS2ISO2NFS to 0.5.1
  • Added logging support, now if the script fails it will be easier to pinpoint why
  • Special characters no longer break folder creation
  • Meta.xml Japanese publisher now uses correct variable
  • Robocopy now called by its full path (since random machines are failing to call its environmental variable)
  • Added failcheck for if WIT fails to rebuild the game file
I would ideally like to test all the games in this list with 0.5.1 although that's a tall order and a lot of testing.

Last edited by TeconMoon,

wolf_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In script replaced news I do want to release version 1.0.6 soon with the following changes but I also want to do a lot more testing with NFS2ISO2NFS 0.5.1 before I do, probably won't have time for that until tomorrow.

## [1.0.6] = 2017-09-XX
  • Updated NFS2ISO2NFS to 0.5.1
  • Added logging support, now if the script fails it will be easier to pinpoint why
  • Special characters no longer break folder creation
  • Meta.xml Japanese publisher now uses correct variable
  • Robocopy now called by its full path (since random machines are failing to call its environmental variable)
  • Added failcheck for if WIT fails to rebuild the game file
I would ideally like to test all the games in this list with 0.5.1 although that's a tall order and a lot of testing.
I can help testing I don't know if it helps or not I replaced the nfs to iso in your 1.0.5 with .5.1

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Find a way to fit long names, it was pretty obvious
upload_2017-9-15_18-59-7.png
You just need brake the line in the meta.xml, in this case the first line will read "Resident Evil:" and the second "The Darkside Chronicles" just leaving it here if someone is interested, not sure if it can be implemented in the script, probably would need more imputs from users.

kevinbrew

Trophies
XP
Country
Is the compatability of games working High? I have some games that show just black. Are There known games that just dont work with NFS2ISO2NFS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...