Homebrew [Release] VirtuaNES for 3DS

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@bubble2k16 Think you can make a fullspeed genesis emulator like your other emulators? I'm just curious if you can make a decent genesis emulator than Retroarch,
+1 for a Genesis emulator.
RetroArch's core is nice on o3ds, but as an oldschool gamer I hate the lag when I play Mortal Kombat and some other games, I think that Genesis takes priority over Turbografx since we have a nice DS Mode emulator like Nitrografx, and thanks to nds-bootstrap we don't need a flashcard.

Reactions: Lordjontan

ArtemisM

Kupo for Kupo Nuts
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much as having a Genesis (or even PCE) emulator would be lovely, I'm going to -1 it solely because Bubbly-kun has already given us so much and catered to many of our requests. So unless he actively wants to take on such a project, I think he's due for a break to pursue his own desired projects or have a bit of respite :) Always try to remember and appreciate the person on the other end of the internet ^-^

Last edited by ArtemisM,

protoman2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+1 for a Genesis emulator.
RetroArch's core is nice on o3ds, but as an oldschool gamer I hate the lag when I play Mortal Kombat and some other games, I think that Genesis takes priority over Turbografx since we have a nice DS Mode emulator like Nitrografx, and thanks to nds-bootstrap we don't need a flashcard.
wait I dont understand what is +1 Genesis emulator means. Is that supposed to be frameskip

coinblock

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks again for another great release!

A couple of suggestions for the next update: would you be able to add zipped ROM support? Also the ability to remap buttons other than A and B to the 3DS buttons?

Reactions: elBenyo

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's going to be tough for a long time. Injections are still your best bet.
I understand that, but I will legit freak out if someone makes a full speed GBA emulator on O3DS. (Nintendo) Switching topics, thank you SOOOOO much for bringing an awesome NES emulator to O3DS. This is by-far the best NES emulator on the 3DS!

DominoBright

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much as having a Genesis (or even PCE) emulator would be lovely, I'm going to -1 it solely because Bubbly-kun has already given us so much and catered to many of our requests. So unless he actively wants to take on such a project, I think he's due for a break to pursue his own desired projects or have a bit of respite :) Always try to remember and appreciate the person on the other end of the internet ^-^
I see where you're coming from. bubble did a great job bringing two emulators to O3DS users, and taking a break would be swell. That said, I think the suggestions are going towards the system of his next project, IF he chooses to do it.

+1 for TG-CD, and not only because of Rondo of Blood.

coinblock

Trophies
XP
Country
I understand that, but I will legit freak out if someone makes a full speed GBA emulator on O3DS. (Nintendo) Switching topics, thank you SOOOOO much for bringing an awesome NES emulator to O3DS. This is by-far the best NES emulator on the 3DS!

The GBA Virtual Console is probably the closest you'll ever get to 100% accuracy on an O3DS.

Double Jumper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
THANK YOU!
I've been trying hard to get this game called Dragon Buster to work on the 3DS, but it seems nobody had bothered to implement its mapper. I even tried a couple DS emulators using a flashcart, and tried to learn how to convert it to a similar mapper. And this runs it perfectly!
Honestly, it's a bad game. But it's also the earliest game to have double jumps, which is my thing, as you can tell by my username :)
My search is finally over, thank you again for porting this! :D

hectortillo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Cool stuff. No offence, But Why use this when we have retroarch? Especially for the n3ds?
For me it works better than Retroarch, gives less times of loading resources and so many other things, also many NES emus of retroarch gives so SLOW speed on many games, this emu is excellent :D all the games that i try runs excellent, for now i havent any problem using it.

Reactions: SLiV3R

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
For me it works better than Retroarch, gives less times of loading resources and so many other things, also many NES emus of retroarch gives so SLOW speed on many games, this emu is excellent :D all the games that i try runs excellent, for now i havent any problem using it.
Ok cool! All 100s of nes games i have tried out on the retroarchs are fullspeed for me too! Great work anyway!

Helix Fossil

DQ Fan Translator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool stuff. No offence, But Why use this when we have retroarch? Especially for the n3ds?

Retroarch isn't optimized for the 3DS at all, for starters, so this provides a better, smoother experience overall. I also believe this supports more mappers, which allows more NES games to be played. Not 100% sure about that, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-