Homebrew [RELEASE] TWLTool - DSi downgrading, save injection, etc multitool

Shicky256

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, the laptop thing only works if you have an old laptop that treats the card reader internally as PCI or something, not USB. The Biggest Loser is only like $3 anyway

Shicky256

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today, I tried making a "fake 1.3 whitelist file" by deleting the last few sections (NDHX and NDHI) of my 1.4 one. While it does still work and boot legitimate titles (simply deleting the file causes opening anything to give you the "an error has occurred" screen), it still won't boot my Acekard's fancy custom icon. Interestingly, it shows up as a blank white game, so maybe the launcher is blocking it.

nocash123

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Dsi carts, dsiware, and newer nds carts aren't using the whitelist. The whitelist is used only for older nds carts - did you mean that by legitimate titles?
Removing sections sounds like corrupting the whitelist, I would assume that you need to edit that sections (leave only their section "headers", and set the number of entries in that section to zero).

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Today, I tried making a "fake 1.3 whitelist file" by deleting the last few sections (NDHX and NDHI) of my 1.4 one. While it does still work and boot legitimate titles (simply deleting the file causes opening anything to give you the "an error has occurred" screen), it still won't boot my Acekard's fancy custom icon. Interestingly, it shows up as a blank white game, so maybe the launcher is blocking it.

You should probably change the game code your AceKard is using too. (because if you are going to generate a custom hash entry for it, it's better to not destroy an existing game entry to do it. :P )

Simply deleting stuff from section 3 isn't going to be enough. You actually need to add an entry for the card to the first two sections and properly hash the relevant sections of the rom those entries are for. The HMAC keys for the sha1 hash generation can be pulled out of Launcher easily. (Gbatek tells you where to find them)

I explain the basics of it here:

Simply "removing" stuff from the white list wont work. Not if your using custom icons/roms. If you want to make carts that used spoofed games to work, most of the time "properly" removing everything from the 3rd section should work. Just set number of titles to zero and have no entries there. Note all this works ONLY on 1.4 firmware! Because that's the only fw that Nintendo forgot to check the RSA on the white list for!

Deleting stuff from the first 2 sections will just cause all your legit older NTR titles to not boot anymore. First 2 sections act as white list. Not a blacklist! Only section 3 does that!

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to repost these questions, but I just wondered if @Apache Thunder and @nocash123 had any thoughts on how we can obtain the ConsoleID without DSiWare? and what would be the correct format to archive DSiWare?
My mistake, but still i'm curious if theres is any way we can re-encrypt TwlNmenu with the retail DSi common key? Has the dev DSi common key been found?

The problem is that since the DSi Shop has closed if you have a DSi that has no DSiWare installed you cannot transfer any DSiWare to the SD card to get the ConsoleID.

Is it possible to make a PC program that can brute-force the CID or ConsoleID? It would be really useful if you have a NAND dump and either the CID or ConsoleID to have a program that can brute-force the other value. So for instance:-

NAND dump + CID = use PC program to brute-force ConsoleID
NAND dump + ConsoleID = use PC program to brute-force CID

So what would be the correct format to archive DSiWare? The TWL SDK only appears to use SRL and TAD.

Shicky256

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The consoleid string format is known (08a[1/2]nnnnnnnnnnnn) so it should be possible to brute force it, given a lot of time. Note that gbatek says that the consoleid starts with 08A19 or 08A20, but that's incorrect- mine starts with 08A15.

xathar

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I like to know if it's possible change the firmware from ntsc-j dsi to eur.
Or exist other way to put the menus in English.

Thanks

Coaleb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the game biggest loser and dsilink already installed is their anything else I need rather than a computer with linux?

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I have the game biggest loser and dsilink already installed is their anything else I need rather than a computer with linux?
You need a NAND hardmod or a DSi homebrew entrypoint.

Last edited by I pwned U!, , Reason: Stupid autocorrect, there is no such thing as "a NAND hardwood!"
Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: