Homebrew [RELEASE] TWLTool - DSi downgrading, save injection, etc multitool

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Crystal-ball says no. However, the hard-mod is a one time thing. I'll probably start offering the service once I iron out the kinks and have some example work to show you guys, ha ha
:I I hope so. I cant hardmod for shit.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can I use my R4i RTS 3DS for the DSi roms?

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
What is that new DS Connections thing? New MSET shit?

How to inject Biggest Loser save onto DSi from cartride?
If you follow the Sudokuhax tutorial that I wrote up, I basically injected the decrypted Pictochat into the TWLN partition :)

Reactions: Margen67

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What is that new DS Connections thing? New MSET shit?

How to inject Biggest Loser save onto DSi from cartride?
That's another exploit altogether.

As for BL, you'll need to either use an original DS/Lite to WiFi inject and rip the save file, or you'll need to use a save dongle. Gateway's launcher also is capable of injecting the saves, but I haven't tried it. I used the tried-and-true WiFi injection method with my phat DS.

Reactions: Margen67

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
That's another exploit altogether.

As for BL, you'll need to either use an original DS/Lite to WiFi inject and rip the save file, or you'll need to use a save dongle. Gateway's launcher also is capable of injecting the saves, but I haven't tried it. I used the tried-and-true WiFi injection method with my phat DS.
aight

Remember when Wii hacking required a game everyone already had? That was nice.

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PS, everything works as intended. Downgraded System Settings lets hacked saves be copied natively, downgraded System Menu (Launcher) and Whitelist re-enables all Flashcarts (like my Rev. C R4i 3DS Gold (r4ids.cn)), and downgraded SUDOKU runs sudokuhax just fine. Fieldrunners is exploited properly as well, so no worries there.

And, I can still access the DSi Shop.

mb2010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PS, everything works as intended. Downgraded System Settings lets hacked saves be copied natively, downgraded System Menu (Launcher) and Whitelist re-enables all Flashcarts (like my Rev. C R4i 3DS Gold (r4ids.cn)), and downgraded SUDOKU runs sudokuhax just fine. Fieldrunners is exploited properly as well, so no worries there.

And, I can still access the DSi Shop.
Nice. Really want to finish mine now but can't until sunday haha. Good to hear success

atkfromabove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm a bit confused. I grabbed dsi_srl_extract from the provided link, opened CMD, typed "dsi_srl_extract.exe 4B464445.bin --basename=FIELDRUNNERS" and all it did was extract the .nds file, nothing else. I made sure "no_mod_crypt = 0" was set in the ini too, just to be sure, but nothing changes between 1 and 0. Any heads up guys, or is it just working for all of you?

EDIT: Read through the source code, and it's backwards and shit. Proper way is this:

dsi_srl_extract.exe --basename=FIELDRUNNERS 4B464445.bin

I got it to work using this command: dsi_srl_extract --basename=4B464445.bin 4B464445.bin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg