Homebrew [RELEASE] TWLTool - DSi downgrading, save injection, etc multitool

Shicky256

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here. I will consider repairing mine or buying another
The difficult part is soldering. I don't know who would be able to do it for me, or if I could do it. I think my solder is not small enough
It's actually fairly easy if you have decently fine solder (I used this stuff for mine), a needle tip for your iron, and one of those "helping hands" things with the magnifying glass.

Flashed

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It's actually fairly easy if you have decently fine solder (I used this stuff for mine), a needle tip for your iron, and one of those "helping hands" things with the magnifying glass.

Well i will try when I finish lessons in June. Seems like DSi XL has bigger welding points as DSi, or at least that's what I can see on the images posted. Also, I have too see if I can change welding tip

Thanks!

Reactions: I pwned U!

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So I just copied the saves over from my N3DS and now saving and copying works!

The only weird thing left is that, like in the video showing the problems, Mario Clock still shows up twice in the System Memory tab of Data Management (but it correctly has one icon on the launcher). Deleting one entry deletes them both, copying one or the other results in one copy on the SD card, and copying it back from the SD card makes the two entries show up again on the System Memory.

If this cannot be fixed, that is fine, because this is very minor and it is not problematic.

Shicky256

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

tozevleal

Probably the last VinsCool lonk clone :P
Trophies
Website
www.tozeleal.orgfree.pt
XP
Country
Portugal
Last edited by tozevleal,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I didn't hardmod :( ... it just got this error from no reason! I don't even know if nintendo actualy fixes the DSi at the moment :S
FE00 is a hardware error, you get it by shorting or physically ripping out the nand (or the dat0-1-2-3 resistor pack, or...)
And no, officially they don't fix them anymore (although the national centers they outsource repairs to will probably be happy to sell you a new motherboard at inflated price, if they still have some left)

tozevleal

Trophies
Website
www.tozeleal.orgfree.pt
XP
Country
Portugal
FE00 is a hardware error, you get it by shorting or physically ripping out the nand (or the dat0-1-2-3 resistor pack, or...)
And no, officially they don't fix them anymore (although the national centers they outsource repairs to will probably be happy to sell you a new motherboard at inflated price, if they still have some left)
The weird part:
Sometimes with some inativity the console works again... But for a short period of time... But Probably I will open it and try to clean the circuit board

Last edited by tozevleal,

I pwned U!

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So as I read here it's possible to transfer the Sudoku game from a 3DS to a DSI using hardmod (or sort of)?
Yes, it is.
1. Copy the "4xxxxxx" folder from the 3DS TWL nand to the DSi nand (in the 300004 folder, i could be off a couple zeroes), delete the 0000000.tmd file and cmd folder. Make sure you copy over both the "content" and "data" folders
2. Look up the title ID in that giant TMD archive, cut off the end so HxD says the length is 208, save and rename to title.tmd
3. Look at offset 1E7 on the tmd, rename the .app's last digit to the last digit listed.
4. Decrypt any ticket in the ticket/300004 folder, change title ID to your injected app's title id, encrypt ticket and save. Note that I was able to install a few games that were never preloaded on a DSi by modifying the DSi Browser ticket, so it doesn't seem that there's a lot of verification going on there.
Go about an hour into this video to see it in action:

Last edited by I pwned U!,

I pwned U!

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Does it need to be purchased or could be a copy of the game?
You can use titles downloaded from freeShop (or other ones floating around the internet, such as the old version of Sudoku), then use a tmd from the archive several pages ago (but make sure to use a hex editor to remove everything after offset 208), and lastly, forge a ticket by changing the Title ID on an existing one.

Last edited by I pwned U!,

FFT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You can use titles downloaded from freeShop (or other ones floating around the internet, such as the old version of Sudoku), then use a tmd from the archive several pages (but make sure to use a hex editor to remove everything after offset 208), and lastly, forge a ticket by changing the Title ID on an existing one.

So - fuckin - cool!! I'm sorry, I just had to say that! It's awesome to hear this, now I really really need to hardmod my DSi! :)

Shicky256

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pro tip: don't run the 3ds transfer program because it erases all your injected titles. Now I have to redo the damn hardmod.
Edit: You can remove the 3ds transfer tool if you already have it by deleting the /title/
00030015/484e4fxx folder. Kinda strange that the transfer tool deletes your stuff and the DSi shop doesn't but whatever.

Last edited by Shicky256,

tozevleal

Trophies
Website
www.tozeleal.orgfree.pt
XP
Country
Portugal

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nice! But now we need a better DSi homebrew Library apps to do more stuff... Something like FBI ... and imagine in the near future someone does the A9LH for the 3ds and makes CFW for the DSi into a reality! :D
For DSiWare titles you can use this method without the need of an installer, for retail games isn"t gonna work, twlnand is just to small to install full DS games, our hope is the @ahezard's nds-bootstrap which will allow us to manipulate the clockspeeds, run GBA games using GBARunner2, Nitrohax and a lot of new/older homebrews.

Last edited by Billy Acuña,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.