[RELEASE] Trails in the Sky FC Evolution English Patch

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by the database, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Sabil

Sabil Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2017
    Japan
    I almost completed Zero, maybe on weekend ok.

Ariri likes this.
  2. Sabil

Sabil Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2017
    Japan
    Ok, so for future user of my saves:
    SLOT0 is my failed attempt to unlock all Extra features
    SLOT9 is made without my failed attempt to unlock all Extra features

Also, the save structure goes like this:
    BONDING EVENT 1
    BONDING EVENT 1
    (blank)
    BONDING EVENT 2
    BONDING EVENT 2
    (blank)
    BONDING EVENT 3
    BONDING EVENT 3
    (blank)
    CLEAR DATA
    CLEAR DATA
    CLEAR DATA
    CLEAR DATA

Good luck all, have a nice day. :-)

Attached Files:

Ariri likes this.
  3. AkrosRB

AkrosRB Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2017
    Spain
    Hi there!
    First of all thanks for the hard work, I'm enjoying the Evolution version more than ever.
    Second i simply registered to inform of a small "bug" I've encountered:
    - On chapter 3, on the Zeiss Factory, 2nd floor library, Herz's Adventure Part 1 which can be read at anytime from one of the shelves (right when you enter the room, first one on the screen's right) is missing all the text and just shows up as a white page.

Again, thanks for the translation and keep up the hard work!

4. Sabil

Sabil Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2017
    Japan
    This is my carryover bonus to Ao Evolution:
    Anyone know how good is my clear data?

Attached Files:

5. moonblood666

moonblood666 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Just to be clear: The current fan translations of Zero (the leak) and Ao (the machine translation) haven't been implemented into the Evo ports haven't they? I'm just asking because those are mentioned here.

6. wakabayashy

wakabayashy GBAtemp Fan

Dec 25, 2014
    France
    France
    I don't think so

7. moonblood666

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Man, i've just realized i've been playing on version 1.0 for almost 58 hours. I've just entered Zeiss for the first time, is it worth downloading and installing v 1.1? Did i miss something by playing on 1.0?
    So far there has been only one instance where there was Japanese characters and that was just recently in Caldia tunnel.

BUT: There are two bugs i realized.

1. Some of Kloe's spells were specified as single enemy while they were area spells.
    2. In the Zeiss archives/library there is a book on the shelfs (Hertz' Adventure) that is empty when you want to read it. Am i the only one with this bug? It would be really nice if someone would comment on this one.

Either way... I'm definitely having a blast with this game (again). I've played the PSP version when it was released, but Evo is without a doubt the definitive version. One of the best JRPGs ever made.

Last edited by moonblood666, Nov 7, 2017
  8. XC-3730C

XC-3730C GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 10, 2014
    United States
    Is there a NoNpDrm version of this game?

9. AkrosRB

AkrosRB Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2017
    Spain
    Playing with version 1.1 and reported this same bug a couple messages above yours so no, you ain't the only one xD

Last edited by AkrosRB, Nov 8, 2017
  10. Burai-ha

Burai-ha Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2017
    Antarctica
    This patch is not applicable on the NoNpDrm version.

11. moonblood666

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I'm running on a very ancient Henkaku version (over 1 year old), so i'm not accustomed to NoNpDrm, but i don't understand why people just don't use the Maidump version for this game specifically. Do you have to uninstall Mai to be able to use NoNpDrm games? I'm just curious why so many people are asking this.

12. Burai-ha

Burai-ha Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2017
    Antarctica
    NoNpDrm dumps have much more integrity, because they are encrypted. This means that you do not compromise the dump's metadata with the decryption.
    With NoNpDrm you can update games for example, which is something decrypted dumps cannot do.

13. Snigs

Snigs Member

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2016
    United States
    You should use v1.1 because it fixes some obvious shop bugs that are in the finale. Non chapter break saves should be compatible with v1.1 so you won't lose anything.

Could you post the name of the spells that are mislabeled? Or just send them to me at snkfcevo.eng <at> gmail <dot> com so we can fix the issues for the next version.

14. moonblood666

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I'll check them out tommorow. I'm glad i still have a save before the theater play so Kloe is still in the party there.

15. Maliquem

Maliquem Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Great work guys!!
    I am near the end of the game. Noticing just a little bug in the text, coming out the text box.

There any plans to do the same with SC anytime soon?

16. moonblood666

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2014
    Gambia, The
    OK, it's "Petrify Breath"... It's declared as "single", but it is an area effecting spell. Can it be that this was changed for Evo?

Last edited by moonblood666, Nov 11, 2017
  17. Sabil

Sabil Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2017
    Japan
    Petrify Breath did only target 1 enemy in all Sora games. However,it has multi-hitting versions of the arts called Petrify Cloud.

So, most likely they misnamed Petrify Cloud as Petrify Breath.

18. moonblood666

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I have a little favor to ask: Just now i go to the final chapter and realised that i've missed a quest in Zeiss before the deadline (the exact same thing happened when i played the PSP version all those years back... i feel like an idiot^^). I'll keep playing even if i don't get max brace points at the end, but for the import of my save data to the future Sora SC fan trabslation i'd like to have a max BP clear data for the bonus quartz. Does anyone have a max BP clear clear game save and would be kind enough to share it?

BTW: Come to speak of it... Will it be even possible to implement save data to SC? I remember this wasn't possible with my undub version of Cold Steel 2 when i wanted to transfer CS1 save data earlier this year. earlier this year. Is it the same with Sora SC, that it only accepts legit game card saves and no dump saves?

Last edited by moonblood666, Nov 19, 2017
  19. Sabil

Sabil Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2017
    Japan
    Unfortunately my save is also not perfect (not giving the black notebook).

Again: This patch would not exist without XSEED's translation. Please buy the original game to support them.

20. moonblood666

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Hehe, i bought the PSP version back then, don't worry. One of the best gaming related purchases i made in my life. Still had to download an UNDUB version... Same story with CS1 and CS2.

Anyway... If ANYONE has a max BP save... I'm desperate. XD

Last edited by moonblood666, Nov 20, 2017
    Sabil likes this.