Homebrew [Release] SRLSelector - A simple boot manager for the Nintendo DSi

Billy Acuña

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Since I have a dsiwarehaxed DSi I always wanted a boot manager to select between SRLoader and HBMenu when I run hax, so I went ahead to make this simple boot manager.

SRLSelector is a simple boot manager based on the bootstrap from nds-hbmenu by Chishm, WinterMute and highly inspired by FIX94's arm9select.

Instructions
Put the BOOT.NDS from the release on the root of your SD and create a folder called /SRLSELECTOR, then put your DSi's homebrew inside the folder and rename them to the botton you want to assing (Example: B.NDS, DOWN.NDS, START.NDS, etc). Name DEFAULT.NDS the homebrew you want to autoboot by default, If you want to know what bottons are supported take a look here. Then simply boot your favorite dsiwarehax, hold the botton of the homebrew you want (or don't hold anything if you want to run the default) and enjoy.

DOWNLOAD

Billy Acuña

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's too bad this will probably be obsolete for RocketLauncher/HiyaCFW users when that becomes a thing. :creep:
Well, it was planned for autoboot users including much more stuff then just a bootstrap loader, things such GUI, build-in ntr launcher and reboot into rocketlauncher for non autoboot users ;)
Also, no body knows when rocketlauncher will be released, even you don't, so this version still have a porpuse and will for a while.

Last edited by Billy Acuña,

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm still waiting for a nand file manager to hit the scene. Relying on fwtool to install RocketLauncher will result in more newbies bricking their DSi's. Already starting to see that from people trying to sudokuhax via the leaked ugopwn exploit.

But when that happens, you get to have the convienience of something like this:

snapshot20170815194055.jpg

:creep:

Billy Acuña

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
For some reason if I boot into fwTool using this, it shuts down the system instead of running boot.nds when I choose the exit option. Doesn't happen when using hbmenu or SRLoader to run it.
I didn't tested with fwtool (I only tested with HBMenu and SRLoader), if you set A.NDS for fwtool, it will obviously shut down since the first option in the menu is "Exit".

Last edited by Billy Acuña,

Deleted member 424658

Annoying Weaboo Girl
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
I didn't tested with fwtool (I only tested with HBMenu and SRLoader), if you set A.NDS for fwtool, it will obviously shut down since the first option in the menu is "Exit".
I have it set to start.nds (which is the button I had decrypt9 as on my 3ds.), it doesn't instantly shut down, when I click exit it shuts down the system. Normal behavior is it running boot.nds on the sd card.

Billy Acuña

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah I'm still waiting for a nand file manager to hit the scene. Relying on fwtool to install RocketLauncher will result in more newbies bricking their DSi's. Already starting to see that from people trying to sudokuhax via the leaked ugopwn exploit.

But when that happens, you get to have the convienience of something like this:

View attachment 95848

:creep:
Probably is convienet, but as for me I don't feel excited for a patched Nintendo's DSi Menu, imo SRLoader is a much better alternative to Nintendo's DSi Menu, so with this I can decide what to boot between HiyaCFW, Enhanced SRLoader and NTR Launcher.
Btw, what is that Sonic icon on you menu? An updated version of PicodriveDS? :creep:

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Probably is convienet, but as for me I don't feel excited for a patched Nintendo's DSi Menu, imo SRLoader is a much better alternative to Nintendo's DSi Menu, so with this I can decide what to boot between HiyaCFW, Enhanced SRLoader and NTR Launcher.
Btw, what is that Sonic icon on you menu? An updated version of PicodriveDS? :creep:

Nah That's a version of NesDS with a bootleg Sonic 1 NES game built in. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel