Homebrew [Release] SocketPunch - FBI network CIA installer for Android & PC

alcab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is an amazing tool. Thanks a lot for releasing it!!!!
I've been testing it and works like a charm, except when sending big files (more than 2GB or so). In those cases FBI shows and error message before installing the CIA, at random percentages.

Hope you can fix this issue, because I certainly love what you are trying to achieve.

Again, thanks a lot for your efforts.

Best regards!

PD: By the way, I'm using socketpunch (java) + wjchen FBI build on my european N3DS AuReiNAND 4.2 + A9LH (on sysNAND 10.7)

Last edited by alcab,

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
btw, how do i fix fbi always getting stuck on "Getting info..." when installing over network? nobody else seems to have it
That's a strange issue. Try to be as close as possible to your router (no less than 15 inches of distance, though).

It's a common issue in slow networks. If you're sure this isn't your case, be sure there aren't interferences between the router and your systems.

D

Deleted User

@Olmectron Does the Android version only allow to install cia from internal storage? My phone is GT-6310 (yeah cheap and old one), so it doesn't have large internal storage. Any plan for install cia from external storage?

EDIT: My Android version 4.1.2

Last edited by ,

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@Olmectron Does the Android version only allow to installvcia from internal storage. My phone is GT-6310 (yeah cheap and old one), so it doesn't have large internal storage. Any plan for install cia from external storage?
What is your Android version?

I'll add it, of course. External micro SD cards and OTG (micro USB) devices will be supported (in phones that support them).

Khangaroo

$ORIGINALTITLE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would need to know about your router config and model, and the distance between the PC and router, and PC and 3DS.
Actually, I was using my tablet. My tablet model is a Nexus 7 (2013) with CM13. My router model is a MI424WR. My 3DS model is a New 3DS XL with 9.2 SysNand and 10.7 EmuNand. I used it on EmuNand. It does not matter how close I am to the router, as I tested it once in a bedroom and once right next to the router and got the same results.

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Actually, I was using my tablet. My tablet model is a Nexus 7 (2013) with CM13. My router model is a MI424WR. My 3DS model is a New 3DS XL with 9.2 SysNand and 10.7 EmuNand. I used it on EmuNand. It does not matter how close I am to the router, as I tested it once in a bedroom and once right next to the router and got the same results.
So, are you using the Android app?

Alright. I don't know a lot about CM, but isn't CM13 based on Android 6.0 functionality? Does CM 13 need to give granular permissions just like Android 6? Because if that's the case, maybe the app is missing the granular permission for accessing the network.

I could be wrong, of course, since I don't know a thing about CM.

Khangaroo

$ORIGINALTITLE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, are you using the Android app?

Alright. I don't know a lot about CM, but isn't CM13 based on Android 6.0 functionality? Does CM 13 need to give granular permissions just like Android 6? Because if that's the case, maybe the app is missing the granular permission for accessing the network.

I could be wrong, of course, since I don't know a thing about CM.
CM is basically 6 but with more bacon features (and built-in root).

I don't even know how to enable it! All it shows is storage.
ksIeGeZ.jpg

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
CM is basically 6 but with more bacon features (and built-in root).

I don't even know how to enable it! All it shows is storage.
ksIeGeZ.jpg
My bad. I'll need to install CM13 in one of my devices for testing on it.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I need to test the issue, but I first need to install CM. And the problem is not in Marshmallow because it's confirmed to work on Nexus devices with Android 6 preview.

The problem is my app, and I need to test on CM for making it work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played